• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

I've just been flicking through the orange.co.uk website, the N80 seems to be available on there now!

Looks like new customers only at the moment - not showing on upgrades via the website. About ?50 on a ?40/month tariff. Come on T-Mob lets see you release this phone!

Samsonite

Samsonite

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:gadgets, motorcycles
  • Devices:QtekS100, E650, Touch Dual

Symbian is doing rather well these days, you should make the move over from the dark side and try it out. With the new N Series the choice of handsets is good. N80 and N73 available now, the E60 and E61 available imminently, the N73 and N72 available in around 6 weeks, plus the 3250 is a very good handset (Music phone with a 'twist' action)

Symbian S60, at the moment, has a lot going for it.

Jay, I've moved your reply into the right thread mate :) -Sporky

:D my mate has just picked upa 3250 and i must say i did like it initially... felt nice to use and a big bright screen... I tried to go online with it and that turned into a bit of a trauma but thats probably down to my non-MS driving skills.

I am in a quandry as i am at upgrade point but need SatNav - does the latest crop of N-series things have this capability?

i have a gadget based hankering for one of the new Nokias... the one with that folds out into a proper video camera thing... now if that could do satnav and be a decent web tool then i might be really tempted...

J273

J273

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Phones / computers / Cars
  • Devices:WHITE IPHONE 3GS
  • Twitter:@J273

If anyone is after an N80 or N91 I can get one sorted for you at a decent price on contract :D Should be able to beat most deals around at the moment

Amo would you share where u can get 1 from mate.....Im looking to get an n80 but some of the contracts ive seen are shockingly expensive :)

Thanks
Jamie

Flickr
Iphone / Asus p750 / Samsung I780

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

:) my mate has just picked upa 3250 and i must say i did like it initially... felt nice to use and a big bright screen... I tried to go online with it and that turned into a bit of a trauma but thats probably down to my non-MS driving skills.

I am in a quandry as i am at upgrade point but need SatNav - does the latest crop of N-series things have this capability?

i have a gadget based hankering for one of the new Nokias... the one with that folds out into a proper video camera thing... now if that could do satnav and be a decent web tool then i might be really tempted...

Currently no satnav is compatible with the latest crop of N series phones, because they are built on 3rd edition S60 software. However Tom Tom is planning a compatible version soon and I imagine all other manufacturers will follow in shortish order.

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Amo would you share where u can get 1 from mate.....Im looking to get an n80 but some of the contracts ive seen are shockingly expensive :)

Thanks
Jamie

I believe Amo is with Carphone Warehouse. N80 is only on O2 and Orange at the mo - you can get it for free with a ?40 a month O2 contract through mobilephoneshop.com.

spidermunky

spidermunky

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:Qtek s100
Does anyone have one of these handsets from orange yet? If so, could you please tell me if they've put their rancid home screen on them and if it can be removed.

I heard a while back that they were going to make it an option instead of forcing it on customers.

Thanks,

Greg

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
Good point - the N70 on Orange was atrocious. Never used one on a different operator but it was suggested it was so poor due to the Orange firmware. I believe O2 ar*e about with their handsets less. Like you I have read that due to the overwhelming hatred of the Orange firmware on the N70 Orange were planning to make it optional on newer handsets.

amo

amo

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario 3
Yeah as dr who mentioned im with Carphone Warehouse, i've recently sorted a phone out for the one and only sporky (hope its all ok dude!) so im not just a random dodgy guy selling phones.

If anyones interested, I can do some decent deals with them - feel free to check what I can offer before you purchase and we should be able to sort something out :)

"I'm sorry you'll have to speak up - i'm wearing a towel"

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

Yeah as dr who mentioned im with Carphone Warehouse, i've recently sorted a phone out for the one and only sporky (hope its all ok dude!) so im not just a random dodgy guy selling phones.

If anyones interested, I can do some decent deals with them - feel free to check what I can offer before you purchase and we should be able to sort something out :)

Well the phone arrived on Friday, my gf loves it - but I'm still yet to get the Sim mate. When did you send it out?

m1.carson

m1.carson

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • Interests:Alcohol
  • Devices:Orange Hero
Hi,

I liked the symbian O/S, but no-one here has mentioned the number of virususes that are available for it, in a few months my friend with an N70 has gone from a list of approx. 20 to pages and pages of them.

I might add he's on Orange with it and has flashed the ROM back to basic symbian and is much happier, apart from the cost of doing it, I'll keep my trusty MPx200 with WM2003 on it a while longer. :)

I'm not a silver surfer, I'm a shiny pink one !

spidermunky

spidermunky

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Hi,

I liked the symbian O/S, but no-one here has mentioned the number of virususes that are available for it, in a few months my friend with an N70 has gone from a list of approx. 20 to pages and pages of them.

I might add he's on Orange with it and has flashed the ROM back to basic symbian and is much happier, apart from the cost of doing it, I'll keep my trusty MPx200 with WM2003 on it a while longer. :)

Viruses are only really an issue if you're careless with what you install. S60 3rd edition also makes this even harder as much of the software has to be signed.

J273

J273

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Phones / computers / Cars
  • Devices:WHITE IPHONE 3GS
  • Twitter:@J273

Im looking to get an n80 or n91 have u got any good deals going with any of these 2 handsets fella?

Thanks

Flickr
Iphone / Asus p750 / Samsung I780

spidermunky

spidermunky

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
Right, I give up. I'm officially a gadget addict. Spoke to Orange Customer retentions and they told me they'll call me when they get some N80s in. Two hours later I find myself on the Orange.co.uk website ordering one right off there! What do you guys reckon I should do?

I'm going to see which one I can get first then see about cancelling the other. Anyone else have any better ideas?

Cheers!

Greg

PS. Are there any support groups for people who need the latest technology? ;-)

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo

I echo this request... I could do with some help myself!

At the moment the only solution is to buy the latest stuff when we need it lol.
God.. I need another well paying job to feed this addiction :)

jchamier

jchamier

Quite unimportant

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

www.mobiholics.net ?

Paul's the guru ;-)

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users