4 replies to this topic

SteveG02

SteveG02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Exec
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a Nokia N80 (probably off eBay) and was looking for other peoples experiences of getting unlock codes off their customer services department. Will they give out codes to people who aren't on their network??

Many thanks in advance, Steve

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
Welcome to the site :)

If you buy an N80 locked from ebay - your only hope is to find an unlocking service centre that can do it via cable because AFAIK the networks are unable to lock handsets from you unless you originally took the contract out with them.
With the N80 being a new version of S60, and being BB5(I think?) its not so easy to just generate codes for it now.

Try and find one unlocked or locked to the network you want to use it on - it'll save you a lot of hassle :D

Dr Who

Dr Who

Timelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
It is BB5, whatever that means!

SteveG02

SteveG02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:O2 XDA Exec

Welcome to the site :)

If you buy an N80 locked from ebay - your only hope is to find an unlocking service centre that can do it via cable because AFAIK the networks are unable to lock handsets from you unless you originally took the contract out with them.
With the N80 being a new version of S60, and being BB5(I think?) its not so easy to just generate codes for it now.

Try and find one unlocked or locked to the network you want to use it on - it'll save you a lot of hassle :D

Thanks for your comprehensive reply, managed to find a sim free one, so hassle averted! :P

sporkguy

sporkguy

iSpork

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Phone History:<br /><br />-Nokia 5110<br />-Nokia 8210<br />-Nokia 3510i<br />-Nokia 7210<br />-Sony Ericsson K700i<br />-Nokia 6630<br />-Nokia 7610<br />-Orange SPV M500<br />-Orange SPV C500<br />-Sony Ericsson W800i<br />-Nokia N90<br />-Samsung D600<br />-iMate SP5<br />-MDA Vario <br />-MoDaCo C600<br />-MDA Pro<br />-Sony Ericsson K800i<br />-Nokia E61<br />-Nokia N95<br />-LG Viewty<br />-Sony Ericsson W660<br />-Nokia 6500 Classic Black<br />-Sony Ericsson W910<br />-Sony Ericsson C902<br />-Blackberry Curve<br />-Blackberry Bold 9000<br />-iPhone 3GS<br />-HTC Desire<br />-iPhone 4
  • Devices:iPhone 4
  • Twitter:@Super_Nicktendo
Hurrah :D
Glad my advice was of assistance! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users