Orange unlimited data (4gb) now £8pm!

Guest shandy1948

Guest ogganova

I tried my damndest to get this over the last couple of weeks, but was told by various retentions staff that this just isn't available anymore, and that the best they could do is the offpeak for £5 (free for a couple of months). I was in a pretty good position, Orange customer for 14 years and very tempted by some other networks offer, but it was a no. Saying that they did cut me a pretty great deal, without data, so I decided to stay.

Og

Hi

I would like to get the £8 unlimited data deal(4gb). Could you please confirm that you still have this deal and if possible let me know what your orange number is so I can get an orange rep to give me the same deal.

Kind regards

Guest ogganova

I tried my damndest to get this over the last couple of weeks, but was told by various retentions staff that this just isn't available anymore, and that the best they could do is the offpeak for £5 (free for a couple of months). I was in a pretty good position, Orange customer for 14 years and very tempted by some other networks offer, but it was a no. Saying that they did cut me a pretty great deal, without data, so I decided to stay.

Og

Hi

I would like to get the £8 unlimited data deal(4gb). Could you please confirm that you still have this deal and if possible let me know what your orange number is so I can get an orange rep to give me the same deal.

Kind regards

Well I just got off the phone with Orange retentions and explained that I'm ready to defect to T-Mobile - they didn't even know what Web n Walk was!!

I explained that I'm looking at the Flext-T 35 with W&W for £42.50 PM with free MDA Vario II and what could they offer me....well....the response was typically Orange! :)

They could match the Flext-T for £35 PM (without the W&W) and pay £9.99 for an Orange M3100. Where's the data I asked. They said they do no Unlimited data packages but they could offer me an Orange World bundle (12Mb per month) for free - if I paid full price for the M3100 (£149 if I have it correct)!!!!

Now let me see, £180 of credit, 1Gb of data and a free Vario II for £42.50 a month with T-Mob...

or...

Orange's equivalent of Flext-T 35 for £35 a month....12Mb of data and pay £149 for the M3100.

Needless to say, it didn't take too long to make my mind up and my PAC code is now winging it's way through the postal system. Get a grip Orange before you have no customers left at all! :D

Guest pd.ryder
Well I just got off the phone with Orange retentions and explained that I'm ready to defect to T-Mobile - they didn't even know what Web n Walk was!!

I explained that I'm looking at the Flext-T 35 with W&W for £42.50 PM with free MDA Vario II and what could they offer me....well....the response was typically Orange! :)

They could match the Flext-T for £35 PM (without the W&W) and pay £9.99 for an Orange M3100. Where's the data I asked. They said they do no Unlimited data packages but they could offer me an Orange World bundle (12Mb per month) for free - if I paid full price for the M3100 (£149 if I have it correct)!!!!

Now let me see, £180 of credit, 1Gb of data and a free Vario II for £42.50 a month with T-Mob...

or...

Orange's equivalent of Flext-T 35 for £35 a month....12Mb of data and pay £149 for the M3100.

Needless to say, it didn't take too long to make my mind up and my PAC code is now winging it's way through the postal system. Get a grip Orange before you have no customers left at all! :D

12Mb!!! I've used over 25Mb since 20th Jan without actually 'doing' very much, just collecting emails and a bit of browsing. Once I start using Map24, Windows Live Search or streaming radio that shoots up dramatically.

12Mb is just pants :D

Guest Wildfire

i have just come off the phone from Orange CS, a young lady was happy to add it to my account.

My data spend is about £100 PM my line rental is £65, i dont' know if that had an impact, this will make a huge difference to my bills

i have just come off the phone from Orange CS, a young lady was happy to add it to my account.

My data spend is about £100 PM my line rental is £65, i dont' know if that had an impact, this will make a huge difference to my bills

I should think that made a huge difference in their eyes! My monthly spend averaged around the £40-£50 mark (which isn't exactly pennies but is when compared to the cash you've been splashing!) :)

Well, all done....put in my order for a shiny new MDA Vario II on T-Mob through the Modaco shop today. Can't wait now, a new toy to play with! I like new gadgets, who don't?? :D

Guest Hans Snook Jr

I've been trying since Christmas to get Orange to activate it on my account, But three times I've tried, three times I've failed.

Who did you go through to via 150?.. billing? General queries?

Just trying to narrow down in O who knows about this package.

My monthly bill is about 70ukp and been with 12 years.

So could we document this?

Who people dialed through too?, names of the operators?

Then we all stand a chance of getting this..thanks!

I've been trying since Christmas to get Orange to activate it on my account, But three times I've tried, three times I've failed.

I spoke to the retentions team on 150 (Option 1, Option 4, Option 3). I didn't get the name of the person I spoke to but considering their overwhelming knowledge of Orange's products, you'd probably do well to end up talking to someone else anyway! :D

Personally I think you'd do just as well to wave bye bye to the big O and join the stampede over to T-Mob. There's simply nothing else out there from any other networks that can match Web & Walk (you may have to explain to Orange - just as I did - exactly what Web & Walk is as they appear to have spent the last couple of years on Mars. With a blindfold on. And their fingers in their ears!) :)

Guest Wildfire

I went through to general enquiries 150 option 1 option 4

i dont know if the tarrif makes a difference, i am on the old O premier.

If you get someone who doesnt know about it ask them to speak to one of the Data guys who may be able to help

Guest Hans Snook Jr
I went through to general enquiries 150 option 1 option 4

i dont know if the tarrif makes a difference, i am on the old O premier.

If you get someone who doesnt know about it ask them to speak to one of the Data guys who may be able to help

I got it..Orange World browsing it was listed as, £6.81 exc VAT, £8.00 inc VAT.

Activited on next months billing.

£35 minimum tariff.

I don't understand why O just don't publish this information.

took me 30 mins on the phone to get it!

an extremely helpful lady called Vidia in Delhi, India added for me.

1,4,4 options.

Thanks to Wildfire (that was such as great product, way ahead of it's time!!) and Everton2004 for responding!!

My minimum monthly spend of £150 (0ften over £200) over two handsets wasn't enough for them to offer it to me back in August when it was available so I went to TMob. The only downside I have discovered is that the coverage is just not as good outside of urban areas, but since you never see me in the country thats not a problem for me. Eveything is all massive UPsides.

Guest Dan Journo
i got 2500 anytime x net mins

unlimited txts

offpeak data unlimited free 2 months and £5 a month after

spv 3100 free

magic number

£35 a month

just to add i just called them regarding the £8 pm for unlimited anytime data and they agreed to add it as of my next billing date!! so it deffo does exist, the lady needed to put me on hold to ask somone how to bring it up tho!

Hi guys,

Im trying to get orange to put me on the unlimited bundle, but having problems.

Once i got through to someone who had heard of the bundle, i was told that because im on racoon, i dont qualify for the unlimited bundle.

Has anyone managed to get the unlimited bundle while on the racoon tariff?

Thanks

Dan Journo

www.TextOver.com

anyone in retentions will look at how long you have been with orange, monthly spend and the amount the are likely to get back from you if you stay compare to what they are prepared to offer. It varies from customer to customer.

This is why some of you get a particular offer/bundle/phone & others don't. No other reason.

In the near future Orange are going to wash their hands and say "Actually, our core customers have been with us for years, our main churn stay or leave us for the offers,come back then goto someone else with a better offer & come back again for a bit if orange bring out a good offer later on" But, our loyalty customers "they stay with us so we are going to treat them better, and if someone wants a pac code we're not going to faff around any more trying to keep them"

The way it was put to me was. O2 have gained shed loads of customers when they launched new tariffs just before the animal tariffs. When the animal tariffs were revised orange saw half of them come back.

The same with Flex AND web'n'walk

So now they aren't going to bother. The ones that DON'T leave are the ones that have never left. Have been with orange so long and have built up magic numbers,bonus offers,loyalty upgrades etc. that it's not worth them leaving. 80% of their customers fit in this bracket. Most of their revenue comes from these as well so this is where they are going to concentrate.

Look at the new ads. You'll see that it's not aimed at trying to get people onto orange. Its aimed at those who already are !

Guest pd.ryder

mrmond - gotta disagree I'm afraid.

I would guess that many of the 80% you quote just aren't interested in things like data, and aren't sufficiently tech savvy to know what is available or why on earth they would need it. People like my mum. They pay their tarrif every month, and just stay put, they've no need to go anywhere else.

As we've read over and over in these threads, it often doesn't matter what your monthly spend is or how long you've been with Orange. They ain't interested in keeping you, loyal or otherwise. I gave Orange many opportunities to keep me (a loyal, medium-spending, 10 year+ customer) and judging by posts above they had the flat-rate data plan available that would have done the trick. But even Retentions wouldn't budge or make any suggestions to enable me to get the data plan (ie "if you move to this plan, drop that option and take this one instead you'll only be spending an extra £XX per month" - they call it selling in many circles ;) ) There are many high-spending long-term customers who have felt compelled to move once they see that Orange are not prepared to compete in the market.

Guest Seraphic

Question for those who have managed to get the bundle - when you phone 150 and get through to the bit that lets you know how many mins/texts/wap you've got left - does the orange world bundle actually tell you that you've used any data? Mine just says I've got 1gb free, even though I've used quite a bit.

Recently threatened to walk, went through to a bod who gave me my upgrade for free (M3100 - 1st person I spoke to wanted to relieve me of £99 for it) and a free 5Gb monthly data allowance, so I guess I got a good deal ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest munky^^

Just FYI for anyone trying to buy the #8/month Orange World Unlimited - I just was on the phone to retentions speaking to someone who wasn't overly familiar. He kept trying to give me the #5/month unlimited off peak, but I kept telling him that I knew people had recently purchased the #8/mo unlimited, and that I wanted something comparable to Web n Walk. He couldn't find the #8/month package for some reason, and after asking him about it 4 or 5 times he went off to ask someone else, and eventually manged to find it somehow, so it definitely does still exist.

I ended up with:

Free M3100

800 mins anytime

100 texts (should have asked for 200, but won't use 100, so didn't bother)

unlimited land line

#30 inc. vat

18 month contact, unlimited internet for #8 inc. VAT

He initially wanted to give me 500 minutes for 30/month, but I mumbled something about web and walk 35 having 800 minutes and he was able to up it after I said that.

Edited by munky^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jayz1220

Hey All,

Sorry for bringing this up again everyone must be getting sick of this Orange Unlimited bundle stuff!

I have just had a chat with about 3 CSRs at Orange with regards to the mentioned "Orange World Unlimited", "Orange World Browsing" bundle. It appears that they can't find it anymore. I had a chat with a CSR last week about it and she was looking at the terms etc to find out if I was able to add it to my current talk plan (which i wasn't). Anyway, it seems like between last week and this week it has disappeared.

Has anyone else recently (last 7 days) managed to get the bundle applied by retentions?

Thanks for any input ;)

Regards

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

According to The Times, the £8ppm unlimited bundle might be about to become officially available:

Times Online

although at the moment it's not on the Orange website, and c/s don't seem know about it ....

Cheers

Ian

• 1 month later...
Guest khurram41

Hi guys! please if anybody can tell me. As l have 1gb unlimited data on 3 network for a 5 pounds extra on my tariff but the thing is that unlike orange & t-mobile to use phone as a modem is not permissible, even if it was permissible 1gb is not enough to use as a modem anyways. But I can use skype (I bought a sim free vodafone vpa 1605 aka spv m3100/vario ii/htc tytn etc. & installed skype using with my 3 sim). Due to small amount of data allowance offered by 3 I want to take orange contract. Not t-mobile because I heard they don't allow VOIP (My 1st question is if that's true that t-mobile doesn't allow VOIP) & 2ndly personal no.'s (no.'s starting with 07744) are also not free anymore in monthly allowance with t-mobile. My 2nd question is that "Does orange allows VOIP like 3 network"? Please if anybody can help me, I'll be very thankful. Please email me at: [email protected]