Orange unlimited data (4gb) now £8pm!

Guest shandy1948

Guest shandy1948

I just called retentions - as my contract has expired. I said I would defect to T-Mobile Flext 35 + Web 'n' walk unless they offered me something comparable. This is what they offered me (and I accepted):

Main call plan: £30 (inc vat)

800 xnet minutes

200 texts

Unlimited landline minutes

Magic number

Unlimited data: £8 (inc vat)

4gb per month FUP (no restriction on using phone as a modem)

SPV M3100 for free

The rep told me that the £8 offer has been around for some time, but that Orange hadn't been promoting it, and nobody had been asking for it.

Seems like a good deal to me!

Guest Stuart_f

That's a very good deal! You can't even get that combination of minutes and texts for £30 never mind throwing in data for £8 and a free 3100.

I assume its an 18 month contract?

If only they would offer this to new customers they might even reverse the exodus.

Edit: You also get free broadband if you want to risk Orange's rather hit-and-miss service.

Edited by Stuart_f

Guest coalfield

I managed to get:

500 x-net mins

unlimited text

18 month contract

Orange M3100 Free

£30 a month

+ £5 Unlimited off peak data 3G.

this took a lot of work to get and was comparing to the T-mobile web & walk policy.

Also they said a magic number, but since accepting i have tried to claim. I last added one 2 months ago and now they say I have to wait 4 months. I *presumed* when they said I would get a magic number they meant straight away.. but no such luck.

never heard of this £8 data package... but i imagine its bespoke. the sales guys like to spout rubbish at orange but i think they can off you whatever you want! in fact i spoke to 2 people who said there is no unlimited data package... yet the 3rd person said there was!

Guest shandy1948

I'm afraid they didn't specify what the unlimited data package was called. And I was so bowled over by the fact they were offering it in the first place, that I forgot to ask for a name.

Guest pd.ryder

I was discussing this with O retentions 2 weeks ago. I told the guy explicitly that unless O could offer me a decent deal on data I'd be off to T-Mobile. The best he could do was the 'free upgrade' to M3100 on some fluffy animal tariff but then offered me my PAC when I pressed him on the data issue.

The deal shandy1948 got would still have cost me more per month than my T-Mob deal (Flext30+w&w less £5/month offer), but I'd have stayed if he'd offered me 4Gb for £8/month.

Left-hand / right-hand -- don't they ever talk?? :)

Guest shandy1948
I'll try and get an official line from Orange, watch this space... whether I will succeed or not is another matter :)

P

It occurred to me that as I've been travelling a lot recently, and racking up big roaming bills, perhaps retentions viewed it as worthwhile giving me a good deal because they'll make so much more from the roaming charges.

Guest surfheli

i recently have been moaning at orange about this, and could not get any useful info from india, but whilst speaking to the retentions lady it would appear if i was at the end of my contract almost anything is possible.

there is now a offpeak unlimited for £5 but this only works during offpeak!

Guest coalfield

Ok question peeps. I think someone in this thread should be able to help.

As mentioned I am on the Unlimited offpdeak data plan. I gathered this gives me free 3G data. but what happens when I am out of 3G reception and its GPRS? will I get charged for that!?

Other thing is making a video call uses 3G data right? does this mean video calls are simply using min bundles. i doubt it but i am new to 3G and curious :|

Guest chucky.egg

I'm not an expert but...

If you're out of 3G coverage then using GRPS instead counts within your data bundle - you won't be charged for it (assuming it's offpeak time)

Video calls are not counted as data, so your regular tariff will determine the price you pay for these

Guest manolis
I just called retentions - as my contract has expired. I said I would defect to T-Mobile Flext 35 + Web 'n' walk unless they offered me something comparable. This is what they offered me (and I accepted):

800 xnet minutes

200 texts

Magic number

SPV M3100 for free

The rep told me that the £8 offer has been around for some time, but that Orange hadn't been promoting it, and nobody had been asking for it.

i got 2500 anytime x net mins

unlimited txts

offpeak data unlimited free 2 months and £5 a month after

spv 3100 free

magic number

£35 a month

just to add i just called them regarding the £8 pm for unlimited anytime data and they agreed to add it as of my next billing date!! so it deffo does exist, the lady needed to put me on hold to ask somone how to bring it up tho!

Edited by manolis

Guest pd.ryder

It's this off-peak nonsense that would be an issue for me. I mean, who's gonna use all that data in an evening or @ w/e when you're probably at home anyway? And... would that mean being charged for sending/receiving emails in your lunch hour...? Probably...

Edited by pd.ryder

Guest jimbouk

For the second time - it is called Orange World Unlimited and it costs £6.65 plus VAT (or something similar)and it is not limited to off peak - and according to my last bill they dont seem to mind MSN, laptop modem usage etc.

O's biggest fault is that they havent told all their staff about it - but I do think your monthly spend must be high to qualify.

Guest Seraphic
well im paying £35 a month and got it!

Yes, me too, but I had to kick up a huge fuss to get it! I kept getting told that its only for £45+ per month customers, etc.

Guest jimbouk

The key issues as I see them are:

1) Orange often refer to all data use as WAP. In the past when they have referred to WAP, they have meant GPRS/3G/WAP.

2) In common with other networks, they suggest they will restrict access if its used for IM, modem use etc.

As I said previously, I have this bundle. I use it on my M3100 (over 3g/gprs) and occasionally connect my laptop to it for modem access. I use MSN messenger etc - I even stream the odd video from my orb.

It works.

well im paying £35 a month and got it!

After much much hard bargaining back at the end of August, I too am on Jimbouk's OWU for £8 inc VAT, with a 1gb limit. Have not tried use as a modem etc or IM. After a number of months of using it (although I get nowhere near 1 gb per month) I can confirm as well that it does what it says on the tin. My monthly spend is aroudn £55 all in. This was the deal that allegedly was only available until 1 September 06, if you can remember back to all that kerfuffle.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest harpy75

Hi

I would like to get the £8 unlimited data deal(4gb). Could you please confirm that you still have this deal and if possible let me know what your orange number is so I can get an orange rep to give me the same deal.

Kind regards

800 xnet minutes

200 texts

Magic number

SPV M3100 for free