MDA Vario - Random lines on screen

Guest ickleruth

Guest ickleruth

Hoping someone else may have encountered this or have an idea as to what is causing it. I hate going back to the T-mobile shop when I don't know what is wrong, as they always try to fob you off!

Essentially the problem is that sometimes I will be using my Vario and vertical lines will appear on the screen, mostly to the lefthand side. These lines stay while the rest of the screen gently fades away around it. If I press the power button to kill the screen and then press again to bring the screen back, the screen comes back as normal. When the lines are there the screen is unresponsive to touch, but the phone does not appear to crash.

There have also been times when parts of the screen appear to "judder", ie when I'm looking at something like contacts which has lines or text I can see the lines and text moving.

Now this should be a new phone as I sent my vario back in January to be fixed due to it crashing on incoming calls etc. They couldn't fix it, so instead they replaced it, so I'm wondering now as to whether its a hardware problem or a software problem.

Any comments gratefully received!

I have not had this happen to me but i have seen it on another Wizard. it is due to hardware. somthing is loose probable the ribion cable that connects the screen to the rest of the device.

Guest ickleruth
I have not had this happen to me but i have seen it on another Wizard. it is due to hardware. somthing is loose probable the ribion cable that connects the screen to the rest of the device.

Oh good. Hopefully this means they can't blame it on the software I have installed!

Guest hotphil

I have exactly this problem too - both the lines and the juddering. I'd put it down to a hardware issue as several hard resets have been done since. Trouble is that it's intermittent (but only ever when the screen is closed) so I need to choose a good day to pop into the T-Mobile shop and hope I can demonstrate the fault to them!