Black M700?

Guest FuzzMunky

Guest FuzzMunky

I know it is generally assumed that there is a black version of the M700 for business customers only, but I have not been able to find one at all, either on the phone to Orange or in a store. Can someone please tell me whether or not they exist yet?

If not, do they have a time for release? I cannot get this info from Orange since the people you always speak to are kept much in the dark.

I really do not like the idea of a white phone, so am holding out for the black one.

Judging by the well circulated photo of the white and black M700 side by side, the paint job also seems different to the one on the HTC P3600 and possibly does not flake as a result.

Look here: http://www.modaco.com/content/manual_uploads/m700.GIF

If anyone has first hand experience with a BLACK M700 I would be most obliged if you would share some comments.

Thanking you,

Fuzz.

Guest ddieter

I called today Orange today to find out the availability of Black M700s, however I was told that they will ONLY be available in white and Orange will not be releasing a Black version.

This seems to contract everything else I've heard to date.

I much prefer the Black colour, so I've been holding off on getting an M700, but it turns out I could be waiting indefinitely.

Could somebody who has any inside information confirm whether Orange will indeed launch a Black unit, and when it might be available.

[As a side note - given this device has been out for a week or two, I'm surprised to see no one has done a review yet ;) ]

Guest jamesbest77
I called today Orange today to find out the availability of Black M700s, however I was told that they will ONLY be available in white and Orange will not be releasing a Black version.

This seems to contract everything else I've heard to date.

I much prefer the Black colour, so I've been holding off on getting an M700, but it turns out I could be waiting indefinitely.

Could somebody who has any inside information confirm whether Orange will indeed launch a Black unit, and when it might be available.

[As a side note - given this device has been out for a week or two, I'm surprised to see no one has done a review yet ;) ]

I'm guessing Orange are aware of the peeling problem with the black M700 models and want to avoid the extra hassle. You could get a Black unit on O2 or Vodafone?

Guest Graham Sargent
I know it is generally assumed that there is a black version of the M700 for business customers only, but I have not been able to find one at all, either on the phone to Orange or in a store. Can someone please tell me whether or not they exist yet?

We're a business customer and received a black M700 at the end of last week, so they do exist. Seems to be the ultimate in fingerprint and dust magnets though.

Graham.

Guest ddieter
We're a business customer and received a black M700 at the end of last week, so they do exist. Seems to be the ultimate in fingerprint and dust magnets though.

Graham.

So the Black M700 does exist. Great...can you tell us, is the plate along the bottom and sides painted blackish/greyish like the HTC P3600

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=252120

or chrome, as the linked photo above suggests?

http://www.modaco.com/content/manual_uploads/m700.GIF

Guest Graham Sargent
So the Black M700 does exist. Great...can you tell us, is the plate along the bottom and sides painted blackish/greyish like the HTC P3600

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=252120

or chrome, as the linked photo above suggests?

http://www.modaco.com/content/manual_uploads/m700.GIF

It's just gone out of my sight until tomorrow, but I'd swear it was black all over without any chrome except for the odd button on the side of the device.

It's a very glossy black except for the button collection below the screen which is matte black.

UPDATE:

OK, now I can see it again the part which is chrome on the white m700 is a very dark olive-green brown on the black one, the same colour is used on the larger circle around the camera lens. The camera key, green & red phone keys and the centre of the joypad are in chrome.

Graham.

Edited by Graham Sargent

Guest ddieter

Thanks Graham Sargent.

If you could keep an eye on that unit over the coming weeks, and report back to us if it peels as badly as what people say the HTC P3600s do.

I really don't like the white unit, but also don't like the idea of a peeling black unit.

Guest FuzzMunky

I heard over in the xda-forums that HTC are working on improving the paint for future builds, and when they have done this, everyone is entitled to a new case from them.

I dont think Orange have solved the problem after all. The colour of your black M700 is exactly like my HTC P3600. Which incidentally is still nice and pristine around the base. I might try the nail varnish idea, as I dont really want to send it back to HTC.

So the gist of what Im saying is, if you can wait, you will be able to get a phone that doesnt flake. But to me that is silly, since in the end it turns out to be a fairly minor problem so long as you are careful with the stylus.