The Black Trinity problem... are you losing paint?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

As we all know, Orange are in the process of releasing the HTC Trinity as the SPV M700. There appear to be 2 variants, black and white, to signify business vs consumer packages.

There appears to be a problem however.

• The white Trinity handsets have a white main body, and a silver lower body. There are no reports of any problems with the finish.
  • The black Trinity handsets have a black body, and a black lower body. There are numerous reports of issues.

It seems that the black lower body is actually a shiny paint applied over the silver piece found on the white variants, and there may be issues with the paint used - many users have reported that the paint flakes off. Indeed, I have had a P3600 myself for a short while now, and as you can see from the picture below, the dreaded flaking is occurring.

So, there is a poll attached to this post... if you have a HTC Trinity variant (e.g. Dopod D810, Black SPV M700, HTC P3600), what is your experience?

Vote now! (note - if you are viewing this on the news page, you'll need to view the full topic to be able to vote) :)

P

15-Feb-2007_forsite.jpg

Guest Borbosch

I have the same problem with my black Trinity bought in Germany. I allready sent a Email with the photos to the HTC Service and they told me, that they know that many people have this problem and that they are trying to find a solution.

Greetings,

Borbosch

HTC have now confirmed that this problem IS covered by warranty, however they do not have a solution for it.

What this essentially means is that they can sort your device out, but there is a very high percentage chance that it will happen again!

Has HTC replaced the cover to anybody? I am going to contact my reseller and ask them to change the cover to my device. I would like to know if somebody has already done this?

Edited by janne

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.