Nokia N95 now launched on Orange

Guest SkUk21

Guest RazorD
How much? :D

I just called Orange Updates (I've already got it on T-Mobile, but waiting for my PAC code from Orange, i figured i'd see what they can offer..).

The upgrade price for me (on a £30 a month plan) was £249.99.

I then went through to Orange Retentions, who offered me the phone for £19.99, matching T-Mobiles Flex 35 Package, but wouldn't offer me *anything* in the Internet space.. which i guess is what is generally expected.

Anyway! Thats what Orange are offering if anyone else does want to stick with them ;)

-Raz

Guest SkUk21

Have any of you N95 owners noticed the cheap built quality of the N95. Half way down the right hand site of the screen, it feels very loose and there is lots of play. are you guys experiencing a similar problem or do i have a faulty handset?

Have any of you N95 owners noticed the cheap built quality of the N95. Half way down the right hand site of the screen, it feels very loose and there is lots of play. are you guys experiencing a similar problem or do i have a faulty handset?

Screen prob > That's Normal ,i've had N93 previous their screen is same as N95 No u don't worry abt screen , & It's slider is bit loose .

Guest Digiboy
Screen prob > That's Normal ,i've had N93 previous their screen is same as N95 No u don't worry abt screen , & It's slider is bit loose .

Mine seems fine. Very nice indeed!

£30 dolphin (300mins/400txts+free offpeak txts) and free N95 on upgrade via customer retentions. Happy as I also now get my 8Meg broadband for a fiver, too. ;)

Would have been even better if the phone charged on USB. Never mind.

Guest rikwebb

Well peeps.....

Look at the battery life of this thing!

My N95 lasted a total of 2.5 hours today, after 7 hours of charge and only 15 mins of calls, nothing more.

Also - my first kept re-booting over and over, my second reboots a little less, but still does 2 - 3 times a day....................

Looks like I am an unpaid BETA tester for Nokia !!

A garentee'd way to make it re-boot is to start web browsing via WLAN, and click cancel as it loads!!

Its got so many bugs its growing legs

Be warned

Rik

Guest Dr Who

The WLAN bug is well known I believe. I did notice that on one spec sheet I read it lists only 2.5 hours call time! Even my Vario II lists, and manages, 4.5 hours. I was thinking of getting an N95 because I assumed it would have better battery life than my Vario II - not so sure now. Nokia are pretty good at putting out updates for their firmwares, unlike some other manufacturers, and I believe this can now be done OTA with the latest Symbian OS.

Check this out http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/ite...attery_life.php

Edited by Dr Who

Guest anekmehta
How much? :D

I'm due to receive my N95 later this week all being well. I upgraded to the M3100 in march but it doesn't support Line2 as some found out ;) so am having to change it for the Nokia...unwillingly might i add, i'm loving the M3100.

deal i'm getting is...

free phone, £25 /month (900 x-net anytime mins, unlimited texts and free orange care). what u get for having ridiculously high bills every month!!

just hope the N95 matches up to the M3100. Don't need the 5mp cam or the 'dedicated media keys', but everyone says it's the best so... (unless someone reading can advise otherwise?!?)

Guest sporkguy

No doubt Orange have butchered it with their software.

My t-mobile N95 is smooth as a babies behind - I love it. Only thing I don't like is the fact I got used to the speed of my K800i.

Oh, and Hi ;)

Guest Dr Who

Hola Sporky! Work must be keeping you busy! So, an N95 eh? So, 9 months into my 18 month TMob contract whats my best way of getting my hands on these with minimum cost?!?!?!

Guest shadamehr

Yes, the N95 is indeed severely crippled on Orange - Vodafone too for that matter.

For one large thing (for some) straight away, kiss bye bye straight away to VOIP.

See the el reg article for more info, and click the video link on that page, to see the difference between a none crippled phone, and the crippled one.

Reg article:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/18/n95_crippled/