Applications that don't work on the Vox / Windows Mobile 6

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Confucious
I got my lovely new S710 yesterday, and have been installing many of the programs I had on my C600.

The only one that hasn't worked so far is Lexipedia. Installs and starts up OK. When you type something into the search box and select 'Find' it brings up a list of matching articles correctly, but you cannot then scroll down and select an article to read, so it's pretty pointless installing it!

Hopefully it'll get an update at some point.

Jason.

It works fine on my Athena with WM6 - couldn't live without it!

• 4 weeks later...

I am unable to scroll down word definition page in 'wordbook' program. The meanings of a particular word is larger than the screen, but when when I try to press down the joystick, nothing happens! any solution.

• 1 month later...
Guest dahua007
Autoflight and XBar 3.2...not working... ;)

Maybe it is conflict between the two softwares. You may try to disbale the autolock and speaking time hotkey in AutoFlight software, or, you have to select only one of the two softwares.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Randolph
I can't seem to get AvantGo to install on my E650, it just sits on the spinning-disk-sand-timer thing indefinitely. Anyone know if AvantGo actually runs on WM6? I can't see anything about it on the AvantGo website. It's a real shame because I use it all the time on my C600 and M2000.

AvantGo works excellent on my s710. Just download the smartphone version of the program from the avantgo-site.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mstephenson
Handy weather loads and works properly until you turn the phone off and back on, then it says can't load images you have to reinstall

Just an update to the above quote which was posted some time ago, I use Handy Weather on my S710 and I've never had this problem so I don't think it's an issue with the phone or WM6.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CaptainPeanut

MXIT does work but if left running for a while it disables the sound on my S710. Even when I got my replacement S710 it did the same thing on the new one. The sound shows it is on but the speakers make NO noises.

I was late for work a few times because of this problem. GRRR

It also does not like to switch between landscape and portrait.. sometimes it works, other times it does not.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...