Applications that don't work on the Vox / Windows Mobile 6

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Found an application that doesn't work on your Vox?

Post here, and i'll add it to the list below!

P

THE HALL OF SHAME ;)

Ateksoft CoolCamera - Doesn't currently display correctly (reported by Paul (MVP))

Slingplayer Mobile - Doesn't connect - Sling working on a fix(reported by Paul (MVP))

wmIRC - Doesn't display correctly in landscape (reported by saqmaster)]

The Core Pocket Media Player - whilst it does technically work, installing it on your Vox means that the backlight never completely turns off (it just dims down) unless you lock the phone. There is a work around, as posted by laita56 - change the following registry key: HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60.

Guest RSkillz
The Core Pocket Media Player - whilst it does technically work, installing it on your Vox means that the backlight never completely turns off (it just dims down) unless you lock the phone. There is a work around, as posted by laita56 - change the following registry key: HKCU/CONTROL PANEL/POWER then values and change it to 30 or 60.

I have that registry setting set to 20 and it works? Using TCPMP 0.71

I have that registry setting set to 20 and it works? Using TCPMP 0.71

Any value will work as it's the time in seconds before the display switches off.

Guest spark9990
Tomtom mobile 5 with update tomtom mobile 5.2 is working.

Anyone tried tomtom 6 with fake curser?

Also does anyone know of other stylus emulation programs?

Guest laita56
Anyone tried tomtom 6 with fake curser?

Also does anyone know of other stylus emulation programs?

What do you mean by "kake curser" ?

I did a search on google and found nothing ;)

Guest spark9990

you first need an application with which you can emulate a touchscreen on your smartphone. Copy the folder labeled "FakeCursor" to your phone. I like to put it in \Program Files but you can really put it anywhere.

Now you need to map a hardware key to \Program Files\Fakecursor\Fakecursor.exe. Since many of the phones may be different in this regard I cannot offer specifics as to ow to do this.

Most of TomTom6 you can use without touchscreen emulation, but certain things (setting up GPS or selecting from a list) need to use fakecursor. When the need arises, just push the button you mapped fakecursor to and a crosshair will appear. Use the crosshair like you would use your stylus by moving it with the d-pad or phone joystick and you're all set. On my Tmobile Dash, pushing the fakecursor button again to close it will bump me out to the homescreen, but TT6 is still still running. Kind of a pain but still better than Route66 ;)

-----

Could someone post their experience about if it woks/doesnt work. Thanks.

FakeCursor.rar

Edited by spark9990

Guest laita56
you first need an application with which you can emulate a touchscreen on your smartphone. Copy the folder labeled "FakeCursor" to your phone. I like to put it in \Program Files but you can really put it anywhere.

Now you need to map a hardware key to \Program Files\Fakecursor\Fakecursor.exe. Since many of the phones may be different in this regard I cannot offer specifics as to ow to do this.

Most of TomTom6 you can use without touchscreen emulation, but certain things (setting up GPS or selecting from a list) need to use fakecursor. When the need arises, just push the button you mapped fakecursor to and a crosshair will appear. Use the crosshair like you would use your stylus by moving it with the d-pad or phone joystick and you're all set. On my Tmobile Dash, pushing the fakecursor button again to close it will bump me out to the homescreen, but TT6 is still still running. Kind of a pain but still better than Route66 :)

Thank your very much for your explanations, but when I click on your link it opens a page where I am proposed to download a .php page ... It seems it does not point the right file.

Guest spark9990
Thank your very much for your explanations, but when I click on your link it opens a page where I am proposed to download a .php page ... It seems it does not point the right file.

The download works fine. Try again using a different browser. its a .rar file that should download.

Guest shardy

I can't seem to get AvantGo to install on my E650, it just sits on the spinning-disk-sand-timer thing indefinitely. Anyone know if AvantGo actually runs on WM6? I can't see anything about it on the AvantGo website. It's a real shame because I use it all the time on my C600 and M2000.

Guest Samsonite

Pocket TV classic wont install... I get the dialogue box telling me an unsupported device is attached so it wont go thru the installation.

No CAB files given so i couldnt bypass the PC install.

Their forum looks a little thin and there is no email support offered so i was hoping someone in the upper echelons here could get word to them somehow...?

Guest saqmaster
Good plan.... will add it to the first post.

P

wmIRC Update...

After some more testing.. it does appear to work in Landscape mode, not sure what was up with it before. It definately does not like being flipped between portrait and landscape whilst running..

I did email the author about this but no response (nor to my feature request about a year ago, i'm not sure it's even supported anymore).

Guest jasnewt

I got my lovely new S710 yesterday, and have been installing many of the programs I had on my C600.

The only one that hasn't worked so far is Lexipedia. Installs and starts up OK. When you type something into the search box and select 'Find' it brings up a list of matching articles correctly, but you cannot then scroll down and select an article to read, so it's pretty pointless installing it!

Hopefully it'll get an update at some point.

Jason.

Guest Gajit

Jeyo Mobile Companion 1.1

Doesn't seem to be able to start the remote agent on the phone. Tried this on an app unlocked device too, still the same problem. I'm guessing they've changed the way SMS's are managed in WM6 and the agent chokes.

Shame, as I like to start backing up my texts.

Guest smfa1965

Got mine today. Very nice device. So far all my apps are working, Fizz Traveler, Fizz Bill, Facade, Smart2go, but one of the most important isn't. Good email won't load. The OTA program will download and install but once it starts talking to the Good server, it gives me a "Your Device isn't compatible, please contact your administrator". Pity. Looks like I'll have to use Direct Push for now.

Guest ayanGR
Jeyo Mobile Companion 1.1

Doesn't seem to be able to start the remote agent on the phone. Tried this on an app unlocked device too, still the same problem. I'm guessing they've changed the way SMS's are managed in WM6 and the agent chokes.

Shame, as I like to start backing up my texts.

Jeyo works almost OK here. I get an error on the device, but then i click OK and most of Jeyo's features work. I can't get task manager to show the processes but SMS, Contacts, History etc are OK.

Guest Gajit
Jeyo works almost OK here. I get an error on the device, but then i click OK and most of Jeyo's features work. I can't get task manager to show the processes but SMS, Contacts, History etc are OK.

Interesting. I wonder what I'm doing wrong? I get a prompt on the phone saying that an untrusted program is trying to run, should it be allowed? I answer yes to that, but Jeyo then sites there on "Starting device agent..."

I've tried it both my E650 and an S710 I happen to have for a few days. Seems to be the same on both. If it works for you though, I'll invest some time having a fiddle around with it. Thanks!

EDIT: No, definately can't get it to work. I did a full reset of the HTC S710 back to factory defaults, did a fresh install Jeyo Mobile Companion, and it still hangs on "Starting device agent..."

What version of ActiveSync are your using? And what build number of Jeyo?

This is bothering me, as fear of losing my texts is about the only thing stopping me from playing around with the internals a bit...

Edited by Gajit