PDAMobiz previews the HTC Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Webreaper
This looks VERY nice indeed. Any word on this appearing on UK networks?

Got a vario just about to slip out of it's 18 month contract and I'm getting itchy.

I know. Being out of my 12-month contract with my XDA Mini S for a month I'm getting gadget-withdrawals too.

Spoke to O2 in Fenchurch St yesterday about devices; the guy said "don't bother yet, wait until June - there's 3 new GPS PDA devices scheduled for launch then". He reckoned info would start appearing on device names and specs would be appearing mid-may, but wasn't sure if it was the Kaiser (which he'd not heard of). He did mention an XDA Zinc though. So it may be what we're waiting for. Wonder if the Zinc name will be re-born as the P4550?

Guest mikeeey
I know. Being out of my 12-month contract with my XDA Mini S for a month I'm getting gadget-withdrawals too.

Spoke to O2 in Fenchurch St yesterday about devices; the guy said "don't bother yet, wait until June - there's 3 new GPS PDA devices scheduled for launch then". He reckoned info would start appearing on device names and specs would be appearing mid-may, but wasn't sure if it was the Kaiser (which he'd not heard of). He did mention an XDA Zinc though. So it may be what we're waiting for. Wonder if the Zinc name will be re-born as the P4550?

3 new devices in june huh? well then theres a good chance one of those devices are the kaiser. wow, as of right now it's may. only 1 more month till june =).

The Zinc is this device here:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...733&id2=662

The kaiser is not the Zinc

Guest Webreaper
3 new devices in june huh? well then theres a good chance one of those devices are the kaiser. wow, as of right now it's may. only 1 more month till june =).

Yep, that's what I thought. :P

The Zinc is this device here:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&a...733&id2=662

The kaiser is not the Zinc

Well, yes, I know. But O2 have dropped the Zinc, but the guy said one of the devices was the zinc. So I'm wondering whether they're transferring the name to the Kaiser (it's a good name :rolleyes:).

Guest mikeeey
Yep, that's what I thought. :P

Well, yes, I know. But O2 have dropped the Zinc, but the guy said one of the devices was the zinc. So I'm wondering whether they're transferring the name to the Kaiser (it's a good name :rolleyes:).

lol yes either that or the guy was confused. my guess cingular will call it the 8550. the 8525 came from the htc p4525, so p4550 might be 8550, just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeeey
Specs have been on pdadb for weeks now, and I posted a similar sizeasy comparison about a month ago! :rolleyes:

lol well it looks like i got a little excited over this device then.

yes i know the specs have been here but i wasnt aware of the detailed specs. i also see some stuff on pdadb has been updated, but the flash still remains on there. i wonder if there really will be a flash or they're just saying there is.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.