PDAMobiz previews the HTC Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

If you didn't want one of these Windows Mobile 6, 3G / GPS / Sprung keyboard totin' beauties already... you probably will after you check out this eye candy!

PDAMobiz previews HTC Kaiser - featuring no less than 32 images of the device (before you count screenshots!)

;)

P

26-Apr-2007_kaisermobiz.jpg

Guest mikeeey

waiting for it to load.....

EDIT: still waiting....

EDIT: well... il check back in a few hours cuz the site isnt loading.

EDIT: so far now i get a light grey background rather than a white page. still, id rather see pics of the phone

Edited by mikeeey

Guest dm.wood
If you didn't want one of these Windows Mobile 6, 3G / GPS / Sprung keyboard totin' beauties already... you probably will after you check out this eye candy!

PDAMobiz previews HTC Kaiser - featuring no less than 32 images of the device (before you count screenshots!)

;)

P

Link wont work for me either ... :D

Guest mikeeey
Link wont work for me either ... ;)

hey the page is slowly loading and i like what i see so far. il save this and temporarly upload it for those who cant see it once it's done.

EDIT: well it finally finished but now i have to wait just as long for it to save.

but i am wondering something from looking at these pics. if u look at these... what is the black thing? hopefully the flash is behind it. if it isnt, where is the flash?

maybe it will be added in later.

post-197656-1177637124_thumb.jpg

post-197656-1177637142_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Christopher Woods

Oh god I want this phone so bad

And I have the Hermes

as soon as I can get my mitts on the Kaiser I'll be set for the next decade handset-wise, it's such a fscking gorgeous piece of kit (excuse the french, but it is!) mannnnnnnnnnn I can't wait for that phone ;) :D :( :) :)

Edited by Christopher Woods

Guest mikeeey
Oh god I want this phone so bad

And I have the Hermes

as soon as I can get my mitts on the Kaiser I'll be set for the next decade handset-wise, it's such a fscking gorgeous piece of kit (excuse the french, but it is!) mannnnnnnnnnn I can't wait for that phone ;) :D :( :) :)

i cannot agree more lol

Guest craighome

Hmmmm, this Kaiser seems in my view just to be a slightly slimmer, 16g lighter more refined Hermes.

Sure, it's got some new things like GPS and a nicer camera - which would be great as a new purchase if I didn't have the Hermes (or if it broke)

So, where it matters "functionality wise" I'm thinking it is really worth upgrading for those additional things? Especially if you already have a an external BT GPS and much better camera with a flash.

The Hermes added some killer features on it's release such as 3g data and a much improved keyboard

Am I missing something? Is there a big draw on this device I've not appreciated or is it noticeably faster than the Hermes?

Personally, I would have liked to see a 640*480 screen, that would have been a big draw for me.

I guess part of it comes down to personal preference, but I'd be interested in everyone elses comments - maybe a vote/poll would be good!

Thanks

this even does not have self mirror.

:rolleyes: oh no

that's the most useful funciton I look for on a device :P

Edited by Chiz

Guest Paul (MVP)

Biggest improvements for me are size (the Herald, similar size to this is a MUCH nicer form factor) and GPS. A better camera, HSUPA and all the other gubbins are bonus :rolleyes:

P

Guest Monolithix (MVP)
I guess part of it comes down to personal preference, but I'd be interested in everyone elses comments - maybe a vote/poll would be good!

Thanks

Double the memory is always good from a practical point of view. But i see your point, if you have an external GPS (and are willing to keep it charged/with you) and don't mind the extra few mm then theres not much over the Hermes...

Guest st3ph3n

This looks VERY nice indeed. Any word on this appearing on UK networks?

Got a vario just about to slip out of it's 18 month contract and I'm getting itchy.

Guest mikeeey
:rolleyes: oh no

that's the most useful funciton I look for on a device :P

hey if it is that inportant tho then just buy a small mirror and super glue it on lol

Guest thecresta

Hi all,

Was attacked on the way home from the pub last night. The buggers took a chunk out of my face, but more importantly - they took my M3100!. Absolutely gutted - paid over £300 for it off ebay, and no insurance :-(

Anyway, enough of the sad story. I was going to get another off ebay, then I saw this post - WOW!

Any idea when we'll be seeing this on UK networks? Could do with a replacement handset asap really, but this looks too nice...

BTW, I personally won't be too upset if there isn't a flash - the Hermes one is completely useless!

Andy

Guest mikeeey
Hi all,

Was attacked on the way home from the pub last night. The buggers took a chunk out of my face, but more importantly - they took my M3100!. Absolutely gutted - paid over £300 for it off ebay, and no insurance :-(

Anyway, enough of the sad story. I was going to get another off ebay, then I saw this post - WOW!

Any idea when we'll be seeing this on UK networks? Could do with a replacement handset asap really, but this looks too nice...

BTW, I personally won't be too upset if there isn't a flash - the Hermes one is completely useless!

Andy

hey andy sry to hear about what happened. the kaiser will be avaible on the UK networks i assume 2 months after it comes out in june.

the flash on the hermes was useless? how so? i dont own one so i wouldnt know, id actually like to know so i dont feel like im missing too much when i see the kaiser doesnt have flash

Guest mikeeey

anyone know where i can find info about the Qualcomm MSM7200 chip that the kaiser will use as a graphic controller and audio chip?

i found a little something here:

this is the chip the hermes uses:

http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm6275_c...et_solution.jsp

and this is what the kaiser uses:

http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm7200_c...et_solution.jsp

some interesting things about this chip:

capable of processing about 4 million triangles per second, while the Axim X51v's Intel 2700G5 chip processes only 831 000 triangles per second.

capable of processing about 133 million 3D pixels per second fill rate as the 2700G5 only processes 84 million 2D pixels per second fill rate.

video playback they are both the same, 30fps VGA.

Records at 30 fps VGA

And of corse, this chip has gpsOne®

so by reading this, it looks like the chip that the kaiser uses is actually better than the chip that the Dell Axims use. could this be better for gaming? im very interesting in learning more about this chip

Edited by mikeeey

Hmmmm, this Kaiser seems in my view just to be a slightly slimmer, 16g lighter more refined Hermes.

Sure, it's got some new things like GPS and a nicer camera - which would be great as a new purchase if I didn't have the Hermes (or if it broke)

So, where it matters "functionality wise" I'm thinking it is really worth upgrading for those additional things? Especially if you already have a an external BT GPS and much better camera with a flash.

The Hermes added some killer features on it's release such as 3g data and a much improved keyboard

Am I missing something? Is there a big draw on this device I've not appreciated or is it noticeably faster than the Hermes?

Personally, I would have liked to see a 640*480 screen, that would have been a big draw for me.

Thanks

Firstly, it's as slim as the Trinity at 1.8cm, which to me is quite a lot slimmer than the Hermes. The single reason why I didn't opt for the Hermes is because it is way too thick. The biggest reason why I am interested in this is because it's got everything I need - in a compact device. Having said that, I'm sure there will be a lot more on the market around that time too...possibly E-Ten's upgrade of the M700 could be a contender.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.