6 replies to this topic

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile: Shadow; Dash; SDA
The call quality on my first Shadow as terrible, took it in to return it and was told something was wrong with it, they exchanged it for a new one which has great call quality.

Edited by chaznet, 11 November 2007 - 01:53 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
I bought one today ;)

Sure yours wasn't a dud? I've heard good things about the Shadow call quality...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
It is just OK on my end, worse for the other caller. I think it's the device, but who knows -- I could be wrong. There's another reason to return it as well, that scroll-wheel. Just read this from the NY Times review:

The only hardware disappointment is that scroll wheel, which is balky and slow to respond. T-Mobile agrees, and has a fix planned for the next batch

If they're coming out with a 'new batch' with improved scroll wheels, I'd bet there'll be other little tweaks hardware-wise (like call quality). The 2nd ones will probably be the way to go for those going with a Shadow.

Not sure where you're hearing the call quality is good, from the T-Mobile rep? I've not seen anyone refer to it as being good, just not-so-good. Give someone a call on it, ask what they're hearing ;) CNET mentions it in their review:

The call quality of the Shadow could be better, particularly the speakerphone

I bought one today :(

Sure yours wasn't a dud? I've heard good things about the Shadow call quality...

P

Edited by chaznet, 08 November 2007 - 10:23 PM.

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Actually -- it was a dud, they convinced me to try another and extended my return-if-not-satisifed date. This 2nd one is much better... So, it's once again me and my Shadow ;)

I bought one today :(

P

palmsolo

palmsolo

Mobile Gadgeteer

• MoDaCo Gold
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Shadow

Actually -- it was a dud, they convinced me to try another and extended my return-if-not-satisifed date. This 2nd one is much better... So, it's once again me and my Shadow ;)

Good to hear you are back with a Shadow. I actually started singing part of that song at the beginning of Mobile Tech Roundup #116, which should be out in a day or so. My call quality has actually been fine and no one has complained or commented that it sounded any different than any other device I have used. The speakerphone gets pretty dang loud, but at full volume loses some quality and is almost too loud and distorted at the highest level.

I thought about buying a Curve and that was my initial intention when I went to the store, but I just couldn't resist the WM Smartphone with some very decent specs and cool UI.

-You can check out my writing on ZDNet, http://blogs.zdnet.com/cell-phones

chaznet

chaznet

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Yes -- a nice device, though should be much better once some tweaks start becoming available -- wish I knew how to figure it all out, especially the navigation pad alert stuff, and the keyboard lights...

Good to hear you are back with a Shadow. I actually started singing part of that song at the beginning of Mobile Tech Roundup #116, which should be out in a day or so. My call quality has actually been fine and no one has complained or commented that it sounded any different than any other device I have used. The speakerphone gets pretty dang loud, but at full volume loses some quality and is almost too loud and distorted at the highest level.

I thought about buying a Curve and that was my initial intention when I went to the store, but I just couldn't resist the WM Smartphone with some very decent specs and cool UI.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Good to see you here Palmsolo.

I hope I get my shadow soon! ;)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users