(Maybe a) Solution to unbrick your omnia

Guest KM

Hi guys, This method does not work for the "red led" case, the check box is for the official samnsung i900DZHJ1_updater_xp program downloaded from de Samnsung site, (the new ones versions), run it and after it started you will see a space above the first check Box "Verify Active Sync is enabled" or some thing like that my version is on spanish.

Now run the win_control and put the magnifier glass over the such above space and press the "Show" button on Win_Control and this Emergency mode will appear.

But as told it is not working for the red led, red led means no USB comunication allowed. Only by booting on SD is a hope.

But this method will work for some other cases like Monahans hopefully.

Regards and hope we will find solution for the RED LED.

egyr

• 2 weeks later...
Guest riccardo20012002

radio/phone of omnia is off

Hello everybody

I'm a owner of Omnia (8G) and during an upgrade with protugeese Rom something went wrong with GranPrix and now my Omnia has no Radio/Phone. It is only a PDA now!!

I tried everthing(Hard Reset, Flashing again)

I have put other Roms but when it arrives at Radio/Phone part software stops and gives error (open com failed!!)

My Omnia now is an a pda ONLY. No mobile Phone, No Gps.

Can anybody please help me with this.....THANK YOU for all suggestions

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Scorpion King
when I check the "emergency mode" a new dialog box appears then reboot my omnia and press accept and the updater program closes.

Anybody could help me?

Regards

i have the same problem.. is there a solution

Guest rendeiro2005

hi everyone. im with the same problem...no phone :) .

i follow the guide above but when i press "emergency mode" a new window apear with "entering emergency transfer. Redefine manualy" & when i click ok my phone restarts but nothing happens. someone could help me please?!!!!!

post-422946-1234279701_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest makoy1178

It would be very unfair for everyone if I will not share what happened to my omnia and what I did to unbrick it.

This morning, i flashed my omnia to i900dxhh3, and i made a succesful output.

Tried my phone for some minutes, then afterwards decided to flashed it again using Khuanchai_Omnia_3-in-1_21728.zip.

It downloaded but got stuck at 47%, then hang. I've waited abt 30 min. then pulled the cable out. re-flashed again but got stock to omnia logo only.

That happened at abt 5am. then i went to work using only my nokia.

when I got home I decided to download and used wincontrol (i googled forums) but got no luck.

while I try flashing and reflashing i downloaded i900-DTHJ9-MCR03.7zip.exe then flashed my phone using this rom.

viola! it worked!

whew! too wordy huh!

But the tips worth is though

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vpaulhar
Guys, good evening! (and good News)

After trying everything we could get our hands on (specially in this forum) about the OMNIA problem when updating the firmware version we discovered how to get the OMNIA back up!!

This is what we did:

1) We tried to update using VISTA.

2) After downloading the first file the device stoped

3) The 'Samsung OMNIA' screan apperas and nothing else happened - The second file just didn't download!

4) After that the device only showed 'Samsung OMNIA' screen AND the had 'RED LIGHT' on.

:-(

To solve the problem follow the steps bellow:

1) Download the WinControl software;

2) Run it;

3) Click on 'Software- Tweaks'

4) Drag the MAGNIFIER right above the first check box and click SHOW ... a new check box should appear with the following text:

**************** Emergency mode ******************

5) Click on it and the 'Verify Device' button will be enable!

6) Click on it and you should be able to update it !

:-P

Notes:

i) We were using VISTA when the problem ocurred so we decided to change to another laptop with XP;

ii) We downloaded the new updater for XP;

ii) The firmware version we were trying to update was : i900DXHG3 to i900DXHJ1;

I hope we explained well enough so all of you can get the same results we did

=:-P

Cheers.

Hi all i just wanted to thank capriles_smith for this post as my omnia was stuck on the omnia logo with the red light on. been like it for weeks untill i came across this post so i tried it again with the help of wincontrol and XP this time and it worked first time...Thanks again

• 1 month later...
Guest dokterdigital
Hi all i just wanted to thank capriles_smith for this post as my omnia was stuck on the omnia logo with the red light on. been like it for weeks untill i came across this post so i tried it again with the help of wincontrol and XP this time and it worked first time...Thanks again

Hi, same problem here only I cannot find this program

Where can I download this? Trial, freeware?

Many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest untoldhero

Hi Guys i think i bricked my omnia, it was very foolish of me...to not realise that i need to have the battery charged..it was 20% and i did the flash and it hang...now with the charges the red light is not coming up at the button. At the button is not responsive....any help...can this problem be repaired? help help.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest vpaulhar
Hi, same problem here only I cannot find this program

Where can I download this? Trial, freeware?

Many thanks!

Hi you can get it from any torrent sites. hope you find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest erm how do i
Any news unbricking in this condition ?

hi thats a great bit of info but i wonder if you could clarify a few things for me.

after bricking my phone the exact same way you described i am going to try your method.

my question is do you start the samsung updater first or the win-control. grateful for replies

Guest erm how do i
hi thats a great bit of info but i wonder if you could clarify a few things for me.

after bricking my phone the exact same way you described i am going to try your method.

my question is do you start the samsung updater first or the win-control. grateful for replies

Guest wm adict

hi can anyone please help me! i brick my phone while a ROM UPDATE and now my phone is complitely dead! no red led no nothing sorry for my engelish but im from guatemala can someone please make a tutorial step by step on how to do this please....thanks

Guest wm adict

hi can anyone please help me! i brick my phone while a ROM UPDATE and now my phone is complitely dead! no red led no nothing sorry for my engelish but im from guatemala can someone please make a tutorial step by step on how to do this please....thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Flipdessim
Guys, good evening! (and good News)

After trying everything we could get our hands on (specially in this forum) about the OMNIA problem when updating the firmware version we discovered how to get the OMNIA back up!!

This is what we did:

1) We tried to update using VISTA.

2) After downloading the first file the device stoped

3) The 'Samsung OMNIA' screan apperas and nothing else happened - The second file just didn't download!

4) After that the device only showed 'Samsung OMNIA' screen AND the had 'RED LIGHT' on.

:-(

To solve the problem follow the steps bellow:

1) Download the WinControl software;

2) Run it;

3) Click on 'Software- Tweaks'

4) Drag the MAGNIFIER right above the first check box and click SHOW ... a new check box should appear with the following text:

**************** Emergency mode ******************

5) Click on it and the 'Verify Device' button will be enable!

6) Click on it and you should be able to update it !

:-P

Notes:

i) We were using VISTA when the problem ocurred so we decided to change to another laptop with XP;

ii) We downloaded the new updater for XP;

ii) The firmware version we were trying to update was : i900DXHG3 to i900DXHJ1;

I hope we explained well enough so all of you can get the same results we did

=:-P

Cheers.

I had the same problem. I tried to update my UK vodafone omnia with ACHH3 using the samsungmobile.com updater. Unfortunately your solution did not work for me. However I found another one :D (thank God).

I used this update: http://www.mediafire.com/?xocswrevoyj

I started the updater, manually reset, the updater found the device and started the writing procedure. It worked. It unbricked my phone and now I have a DXHH3 rom.

Hope this helps... I know the feeling of having an extra paperweight instead of a WinMo phone. If you have any problems regarding this procedure please pm.

Regards,

Flip

Guest aldurazy
I had the same problem. I tried to update my UK vodafone omnia with ACHH3 using the samsungmobile.com updater. Unfortunately your solution did not work for me. However I found another one :D (thank God).

I used this update: http://www.mediafire.com/?xocswrevoyj

I started the updater, manually reset, the updater found the device and started the writing procedure. It worked. It unbricked my phone and now I have a DXHH3 rom.

Hope this helps... I know the feeling of having an extra paperweight instead of a WinMo phone. If you have any problems regarding this procedure please pm.

Regards,

Flip

How did you make manually reset and the device cann't start , only red light ,no samsung screen ?

Guest Flipdessim
How did you make manually reset and the device cann't start , only red light ,no samsung screen ?

I said that I had the same problem, meaning that the Samsung Omnia screen appeared along with the redled. After connecting the device to the computer via usb and starting the updater I manually reset it. The updater found the phone and voila!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chief_wolfinjo

hello,

I have read all about "HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL" and about Wincontrol tread and In this moment I have windows 7 on my pc

but I installed VMware's Workstation and I installed win xp sp2 inlcuded... but the problem is the same :

the phone turns on and only display Samsung omnia boot screen

and also stops there..... my pc cant detect it aslo at all.... no windows sound at all....

What I need to do that my pc can detect it ?

on widnows 7 and on windowx xp sp2 it is the same problem that my pc just cant detect my i900......

it is not completly dead becuase it powers up and shows omnia boot screen......

and I dont know which firmware version is, can I use any updater for i900 or it has to be specific one

I know only that is bought in UK.....

and when I use WinControl , I dont see **************** Emergency mode ******************

where I can find this **************** Emergency mode ******************

I only can enable the button but tha it says :

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

please help

tnx

Guest kevin2210
hello,

I have read all about "HOW-TO FLASH I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL" and about Wincontrol tread and In this moment I have windows 7 on my pc

but I installed VMware's Workstation and I installed win xp sp2 inlcuded... but the problem is the same :

the phone turns on and only display Samsung omnia boot screen

and also stops there..... my pc cant detect it aslo at all.... no windows sound at all....

What I need to do that my pc can detect it ?

on widnows 7 and on windowx xp sp2 it is the same problem that my pc just cant detect my i900......

it is not completly dead becuase it powers up and shows omnia boot screen......

and I dont know which firmware version is, can I use any updater for i900 or it has to be specific one

I know only that is bought in UK.....

and when I use WinControl , I dont see **************** Emergency mode ******************

where I can find this **************** Emergency mode ******************

I only can enable the button but tha it says :

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_READ_ERROR

Download failed!!

please help

tnx

dowload another rom for ex 28014 (cooker RYR or someonelse) and reup but dont use wincontrol anymore just do exactly manual "How to flash omnia i900 " said and try to reflash your omnia (screen got omnia still standing so i think you still get chance to reflash again but be sure your battery is above 50% )

OK. ;)

I've Got a Problem ;)((

I've Flashed my samsung omnia on DXHK3 version

Telephone is forking fine... boot windows working programs but ive have no network. It said that phone is off...i Tried to turn it on but it does nothing.

I even try throu codes *7465625*... and thern it tells me that Wireless radio is off. So i cant Do nothing. It doesnt recognize my sim card no contacts no nothing.

i even try another roms but nothing.

Ive spend 7 night trying to boot phone up becouse USB drivers wore damadge. and i couldnet connect PC and mobile.

Can Any one HELP me ;)(

P.S.

When i was flashing my phone it was 99.99999% over at the last 0.00001 it restart twice as usual bring alligment screen but on the program on PC window it said port read failed (20)..(19)........(0)... DOWNLOAD FAILED!!! but phone boot it wind with no problems.

• 2 months later...
Guest plasticpig72

I am struggling here. I have run USBRun and then Wincontrol gone to software tweaks and dragged the magnifier over the empty box above the word close! not sure that is where I am supposed to be. It fills in the box 132196 and then I click show - nothing happens. I am assuming I am doing something wrong. Please help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest broli

Oke another unlucky fellow here.

I have win 7 and followed the VMWare path. Everything went fine. After flashing the phone asked me for date and time and then started up. I was checking out this cool looking UI. Then I decided to unplug the usb cable and this was the mistake, it gave me a windows logo screen and then shut off immediately. When he I hook it back to the usb it does nothing, when I hook it to the charger the power button flashes red.

I have to add that the battery was almost empty when I disconnected the usb cable.

I have read some posts here but I can't decide which solution fits for my case, can anyone recommend one please.

Thanks in advance.