(Maybe a) Solution to unbrick your omnia

Guest KM

I flashed my omnia with grandprix vista yesterday which crashed it so that it got stock in the the bootload-modus.

I was not able to detect the device with grandprix again, so I could not reinstall the image.

I tried now to download an original firmware from samsung, in my case italian, because I thought I would understand it at least a bit.

But I could not flash it because it was impossible to check "connected to wmdc". Now I used a little software, which can enable the button "Verify device".

You can download it here:

http://rapidshare.de/files/40614640/WinControl.zip.html

Just download wincontrol go into the software-tweaks, tab and drag the magnifier to the "Verify device" button. Now press the Enable button in wincontrol on the left side below testhandle.

Now You can press "Verify device" and you should see some error-message. Just redo this step and it will start flashing your omnia.

Caution: It did work fine for me, but I have not tested it more than once. So just do it, if you are sure what you're doing. Also please leave a note here, so that other users can see if it worked or if it created more damage than before!

Guest DukeCroft

Is the led red when you plug your Omnia ?

Mine isn't. So with your method, I can make what it should do but I get the message : Check your battery... I think I don't habe one but two problems (bricked + power).

Is the led red when you plug your Omnia ?

Mine isn't. So with your method, I can make what it should do but I get the message : Check your battery... I think I don't habe one but two problems (bricked + power).

Why don't you charge it first for an hour or two? Because I would not try to flash my omnia with half empty battery!

km

Btw. the flash-software was showing this question, but I could get rid of it by repeating enabling the button and pressing "verify device". I also was able to check the second box.

Guest ronaldb3
I flashed my omnia with grandprix vista yesterday which crashed it so that it got stock in the the bootload-modus.

I was not able to detect the device with grandprix again, so I could not reinstall the image.

I tried now to download an original firmware from samsung, in my case italian, because I thought I would understand it at least a bit.

But I could not flash it because it was impossible to check "connected to wmdc". Now I used a little software, which can enable the button "Verify device".

Just download wincontrol go into the software-tweaks, tab and drag the magnifier to the "Verify device" button. Now press the Enable button in wincontrol on the left side below testhandle.

Now You can press "Verify device" and you should see some error-message. Just redo this step and it will start flashing your omnia.

Hi,

This sounds like what I need.

I can find software-tweaks. I find Magnifier. I can not see Verify Device.

Please any suggestions.

Ron...

Hi,

This sounds like what I need.

I can find software-tweaks. I find Magnifier. I can not see Verify Device.

Please any suggestions.

Ron...

"Verify device" is the disabled button from the rom-updater from samsung (in my case the italian rom). Because you need to connect your device first via wmdc (or active sync)

After flashing the italian rom I could flash the inofficial rom with grandprix .

Guest yukixu3

Caution: It did work fine for me, but I have not tested it more than once. So just do it, if you are sure what you're doing. Also please leave a note here, so that other users can see if it worked or if it created more damage than before!

I can't download from rapidshare. Can you kindly upload it to other places? I really need the file right now. To be able to see if my brick omnia could be unbrick. Please please. Thank you.

Guest yukixu3

Now i face another problem... >.< It's stated "incorrect software version" after the error message. I ignored the error message but the incorrect software message kept appearing and nothing happen. Any1 can help me?

Guest yukixu3
Which update are you trying to use? DXHI3?

P

Paul, so which update should I use the magnifier? Should I use it on the samsung official webpage DZ rom or should I use the DXHI3 rom?

I tried using it on the DXHI2. And the photo shows what I got.

2918163407_1611894a76.jpg

Then, I tried it on the official DZHH3 rom, first I got

2918163423_3f9f960e86.jpg

which I think it's normal.

And then I got "incorrect software version"

2918163425_a6b6a42714.jpg

Please help Paul... Please Please... Thank you...

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hmmm, the second one I guess, but it is giving you issues due to the region.

IIRC you can patch the installer to let you bypass that, but I don't remember the details...? Anyone?

P

Guest Motofone

Just my pennys worth.

Are you peps who are having trouble trying to flash with your sim card in?

My phone would not flash with the Voda sim card in but soon as I removed it the flash went straight through.....

Just a thought.

Guest yukixu3

thank you Paul for replying that fast....

So, anyone remember the details of bypassing the incorrect software version and update the phone?

Please help me... Thank you...

To motofone, my sim card wasn't inside... ^.^

Guest Paul (MVP)

You probably need to hex edit the updater and change DXHG4 to match your region... where is your device from? Do you know which ROM WAS on it?

P

Guest Dine SS
You probably need to hex edit the updater and change DXHG4 to match your region... where is your device from? Do you know which ROM WAS on it?

P

Mine is from Singapour. My Original ROM was DXHG2.

I'm in the same case: incorrect software

Guest yukixu3
Huh, DXHG4 should go on I then I would have thought?

P

I've updated my rom to DZHH3. From Singapore.

Paul, how do I hex edit? Where to get the hex edit software and what are the steps? I'm totally a noob. Really need someone to guide.

Thank you

Most simply way,

1. Find i900DX+NULL(0000h) as UTF-16 in DXHG4 Updater, using a binary editor.

2. Change i900DX to suit for your Software Version, i.e. i900XX.

3. Update normaly.

From chaimd!

Good luck!

Edited by Zyxx

I think I have not so good news. I tested this method without omnia plugged and got the Incorret Version error. Maybe it's not even even detecting omnia is plugged!

For those who are trying:

Is the battery charged? Is there anything on the omnia that is "alive"(like the red led or the omnia logo)?

Can anyone with the "monahans" try this?

Guest ronaldb3
HxD Hex Editor:

http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

P

Hi Paul,

I am getting same type errors - Checksum /Write Failed / even once saw SDRAM fail.

I did have DXHI2 last but now I have hard reset and formated to get from a weird screen (see previous PM to you) to the Samsung/Logo screen. It there hope to hex edit something to get pass these above errors???

Otherwise I will have to mail my Omnia to Malaysia or Singapore and probably pay for a new motherboard.

So I hope you can help me.

Ron...

Guest yukixu3
From chaimd!

Good luck!

So, it means that I will use this method on my phone?

So which rom should I edit? The DZHH3 which was previously updated on my phone or should I find the DXHG4 rom and edit it?

Then, my phone is from singapore and the DZHH3 rom is also for singapore's omnia, then how to edit to the suitable software version?

*My phone was on DZHH3 and I flashed it to DXHI2 this is why my omnia got bricked during the process. (black screen, nth appears, only power led red)

Edited by yukixu3

Guest DukeCroft

>Is the battery charged?

Yes, it's full for me.

>Is there anything on the omnia that is "alive"(like the red led or the omnia logo)?

Nothing, no red led, no omnia logo.

When I use a singapore version it says me : incorrect version.

When I use a french version it says me : no battery

(I changed the origine of the Omnia from singapore to france).

Guest Dine SS

Hi,

My Omnia is from singapour. The Original ROM was DXHG2. I already updrage succesfully to DXHG4.

I have bricked my Omnia since august when updating from DXHG4 to DXHH1. The red led didnot work and I have the monahans message when trying to connect to my PC.

When I tried to use this solution (in this topic), i got incorrect version warning.

According to Paul, we need to adjust the hex file. Which version should I use?

Please to help with a step by step guide to full-execute the solution (including the hex file editing! shall I use Grandprix or the original updater? which one? etc..)

My thanks in advance.