• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

osuijk

osuijk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Omia
Does any one know how to enable TMC on the Omnia? When i start IGO8 it finds the TMC hardware, but gets no signal....Even when i plugin the headset to recieve radio, still no signal....

turzol

turzol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:SGH-I900

Does any one know how to enable TMC on the Omnia? When i start IGO8 it finds the TMC hardware, but gets no signal....Even when i plugin the headset to recieve radio, still no signal....

There is no TMC build in Omnia hardware

lastnikita

lastnikita

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S

When i start IGO8 it finds the TMC hardware

;)

nelkz

nelkz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

In theory it has an FM tuner..this is what the TMC is transmitted in....further investigation needed.

My Omnia coming 2moro.....whoo hoo

Phones :
SPV | SPV E200 | C500 | M600 | M700 | Omnia (crap) | HTC HERO

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Devices:i900
With the antenna plugged in - igo8 will search through, at one point will ask to install a dll and at a later point will say tmc detected and then go on to test for a fm signal.

There are no tmc services where I am so the tuner just stays at 0.0 mhz.

Perhaps can be tested by someone who lives in one of the euro countries??

DeOS

DeOS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900
The omnia hardware (chipset) does not support TMC. IGO just sees every FM tuner as a possible TMC receiver.

TMC is not going to work, because it cannot decode the TMC signals/data.

Edited by DeOS, 09 October 2008 - 06:21 PM.

lastnikita

lastnikita

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
I wonder what additional HW is needed.. my iGo doesn't recognize any TMC hardware btw, and I don't think it would detect any FM tuner as TMC.. I also had FM in xda flame and no TMC detected.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 (8GB)
There's NO need for extra hardware to obtain TMC data if you have an RDS decoder in the FM radio section (Omnia has RDS). TMC data is a channel of RDS transmission just like station name, TA, ... I'm looking for fm radio API, spcs or whatever is available to start playing with it.

OmniaTMC Beta 1 has been released ... take a look here
If you like this project and want to support its development, please donate

mirnamir

mirnamir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

I wonder what additional HW is needed.. my iGo doesn't recognize any TMC hardware btw, and I don't think it would detect any FM tuner as TMC.. I also had FM in xda flame and no TMC detected.

I got from the german samsung support following answer: "The function you want TMC is at the SGH-I900 Omnia foreseened."

iGO found an software tmc modul:"RDS_GPSTMC_SILICONLAB", but the tunning still standing at 0,0 MHz (headset or carloading cabel for antenna is connected).

This is the entry in at the iGO8 save.ini:

[tmc]
saved_config_available="1"
saved_config_classname="RDS_GPSTMC_SILICONLAB"
saved_config_portname="COM"
saved_config_port="3"
saved_last_tuning_mode="1"

I think the software is not realy ready, this must be a bug, also route66 do not found RDS-tmc.

If I call the support, the guy also said: "The tmc-function is included."

Than I have changed the software-gps-port (switched to port 4) and it do not work also.

In Russian forums, there is also a hot discussion but unfortunately no solution for this problem.

mirnamir

robertut

robertut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

There's NO need for extra hardware to obtain TMC data if you have an RDS decoder in the FM radio section (Omnia has RDS). TMC data is a channel of RDS transmission just like station name, TA, ... I'm looking for fm radio API, spcs or whatever is available to start playing with it.

Yes that's the way to go!

balles

balles

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900 - 16 Gb
There is DecoRDS that can extract TMC data from an FM RDS receiver. I still need to check it, but as far as I know, it works with TomTom. Maybe with iGO...

Fur further information:

In French: http://www.gpspassio...?TOPIC_ID=92857
In Spanish: http://foro.todopock...ad.php?t=131911
In English: http://www.gpspassio...amp;FORUM_ID=79

Edited by balles, 18 October 2008 - 01:21 PM.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
I will try to clarify the whole thing: Omnia has a builtin FM/RDS receiver (a Silicon Labs SI420x series) and a GPS receiver (I think a Qualcomm, but it's of a little interest). These are two separate devices with separate drivers and interfaces, while a GPS/TMC receiver uses a single interface (a COM port) to control both.

DecoRDS simply opens the COM port, sends init and tuning commands, listens for RDS data that are mixed with GPS and decodes them, but it expects a RDS/TMC device plugged to the com port. In my understanding, we have no COM port linked to FM radio driver, we have no data mixer between the GPS and the FM Radio, so it's impossible to use any nav software or RDSDeco to access TMC as is.

Vortex

Vortex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I will try to clarify the whole thing: Omnia has a builtin FM/RDS receiver (a Silicon Labs SI420x series) and a GPS receiver (I think a Qualcomm, but it's of a little interest). These are two separate devices with separate drivers and interfaces, while a GPS/TMC receiver uses a single interface (a COM port) to control both.

DecoRDS simply opens the COM port, sends init and tuning commands, listens for RDS data that are mixed with GPS and decodes them, but it expects a RDS/TMC device plugged to the com port. In my understanding, we have no COM port linked to FM radio driver, we have no data mixer between the GPS and the FM Radio, so it's impossible to use any nav software or RDSDeco to access TMC as is.

amen

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

amen

Maybe I was a little bit "definitive" and wasn't my intention :D
I mean that reading and mixing TMC data is still possible, but additional software and "hacking" of the original FM Radio driver is needed ... I'm reverse engineering the driver to better understand its possibilities. The driver appears to be pretty hardcoded on its features, but just 10 minutes ago I've found where it stores raw RDS blocks (4 RDS blocks = a RDS group that is the basic RDS packet), but still I can't acces them from an user application in a clean way.
Keep this thread and the interest for the subject on, I'm (slowly) approaching a solution :lol:

bobobird

bobobird

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Devices:i900

I'm (slowly) approaching a solution :lol:

Excellent, just excellent. Wish you all the luck in this endeavour.

dezmo

dezmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire DeFroST 6.xx

Maybe I was a little bit "definitive" and wasn't my intention ;)
I mean that reading and mixing TMC data is still possible, but additional software and "hacking" of the original FM Radio driver is needed ... I'm reverse engineering the driver to better understand its possibilities. The driver appears to be pretty hardcoded on its features, but just 10 minutes ago I've found where it stores raw RDS blocks (4 RDS blocks = a RDS group that is the basic RDS packet), but still I can't acces them from an user application in a clean way.
Keep this thread and the interest for the subject on, I'm (slowly) approaching a solution :D

Just go ahed, please!
However I'm not a programmer and can not help in code, but...: Eten g500 have a "same" application that we looking for... http://www.herait.dk...00_FM_Tuner.zip
Inside this zip there is a RDSTMC.dll. I just view it with F3 in total commander and there are interesting strings:
" ..._GetCommPortHandle RTTMC_GetDllVersion RTTMC_GetRDSDateTime RTTMC_GetRDSRadiotext RTTMC_GetRDSStation RTTMC_GetRdsSignalQuality RTTMC_GetTMCStatus RTTMC_GetTunerFrequency RTTMC_GetVersion RTTMC_Init RTTMC_ReOpenCommPort RTTMC_ReOpenTMCCommPort RTTMC_ReadGGASentence RTTMC_ReadGLLSentence RTTMC_ReadGSASentence RTTMC_ReadGSVSentence RTTMC_ReadRMCSentence RTTMC_ReadVTGSentence RTTMC_SetTunerServiceType RTTMC_StopFreqSearch RTTMC_TMCComPort RTTMC_Uninit "
Maybe you can implement it to OMNIA ??!! :lol:

Why shorting and displaying by Family name are not working properly in ANDROID?

dezmo

dezmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
One more thing that may help, regarding DecoRds...

http://www.forum.poc...?postid=1703502

Edited by dezmo, 26 October 2008 - 09:56 PM.

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

One more thing that may help, regarding DecoRds...

http://www.forum.poc...?postid=1703502

Thank your for the info. Actually I'm working at a lower level: I plan not to replace behaviour on software, but to emulate the whole device so there will be no need to know the API used by single software vendors to obtain compatibility. If I succed, the emulted device should be compatible with any application that supports GNS / Realtek protocol.
GNS is one of the major RDS/TMC devices vendor: TT sold a GNS device whit their PDA nav some year ago, IGO, Navigon and RDSDeco support it :lol: Relatek is also well known ... but I know better GNS and will start with it.
Anyway, once I can get RDS data from the driver, possibilities become unlimited.

I took a look at the software you posted and the dll "says" that the Eten g500 uses a Realtek device.

dezmo

dezmo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Thank your for the info. Actually I'm working at a lower level: I plan not to replace behaviour on software, but to emulate the whole device so there will be no need to know the API used by single software vendors to obtain compatibility. If I succed, the emulted device should be compatible with any application that supports GNS / Realtek protocol.
GNS is one of the major RDS/TMC devices vendor: TT sold a GNS device whit their PDA nav some year ago, IGO, Navigon and RDSDeco support it :D Relatek is also well known ... but I know better GNS and will start with it.
Anyway, once I can get RDS data from the driver, possibilities become unlimited.

I took a look at the software you posted and the dll "says" that the Eten g500 uses a Realtek device.

GNS for me is good... ;)

Off:
One more thing that may help :P : I promised on other forum (hungarian), if somebody make working internal TMC on Omnia, I'll invite for a big state diner... :o . It is still alive! The question is where and when? :lol:

BeamRider

BeamRider

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

GNS for me is good... :o

Off:
One more thing that may help :D : I promised on other forum (hungarian), if somebody make working internal TMC on Omnia, I'll invite for a big state diner... :P . It is still alive! The question is where and when? :lol:

That's the way that motivation flows :D too bad we live so far.
Going technical: in the worst case I have to rewrite the whole driver (leading to some driver signing problems to face <_< ) but ... just stay "tuned" ( :D :P ;) ) I'm working on it almost every night and I'll use this thread to update everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users