ROM V08F (Manila2D) CHO OMNIA i900

Guest bigmaras

Thanks Previa. I tried 2 different Chinese fonts and they didn't work with M2D, wonder why. Anyway, I tested on another font, Simsun , and it works beautifully, however, this font takes up abour 7mb of storage space compare to the other 2.

Did you try this one.

http://www.4shared.com/file/67398877/c334d...erified=2948f2e

Edited by previa

download the last ver. from www.opera.com

install it on your my storage

after that go to

my storeg/program file/ opera 9.5 beta

and coy all the files inside (eccept the setup.dll) to /windows

thats it restart you omnia and walla

thanks!!! installed!!!!

As below is my method to handle:

1)Install a opera9.5 Beta in >My Device.

2)Use the new version of M2DC >Internet>Default Internet Bowser>Choose a file>Program Files>9.5 Beta>there has two exe file (Opera9.exe/Operal.exe).

3)I"m choose "Opera9.exe>OK>Apply >Soft reset ,

Then you can active the Browser launching in your M2D "Internet " with the Earth icon as well.

and thanks!!!! configured!!!!!

Guest Dr. Eran Markovitz
i've installed opera but it doesn't work for me,should I configure the user agent manually,is there a cab to do it?

just put the all files (opera.exe, operal.exe) in \windows

Yep, I've got problems with the internet connection. With every ROM from PV. I did check the setting when using an "original" rom (DXHK3) and tries to apply those using PV08 or PV09. Using the sam name resulted in an error saying there is already a connection profile or whatever with the sam name. Only it is not visible. Very strange, i just changed the name and added the new connection settings. Up till now I still do not have internet working. Suppose I've got to look for another rom !? :rolleyes:

This is a problem with something missing in the registry - after restoring backup of registry from Passoa's ROM automatic internet connection started to work. Inverstigating the problem now...

EDIT:

FIXED!

I've exported CommMangaer branch of registry from my old ROM and imported it to PDAViet one and internet started to work.

I can't post it here becouse it contains some of my credentials but here is the solution:

From another ROM in which everything works OK export the branch HKLM/Comm/ConnMgr to reg file. Flash with PDAViet ROM and import these setting to registry. That's all :).b

Edited by qbus

so anyone tested the V09 yet.. any difference/enhancement?

Yes - installed it yesterday but as I haven't used V08 I can't say what's new.

My feelings about this rom is that it's a little faster then PaSSoA's one, but U must do more things to make it user friendly.

qbus.. wat u hv in V09 ROM? new widget and new GUI for volume control?

The widget is removed from the ROM, but the volume control is present and works flawlessly :rolleyes:.

There is a new Favourite Settings application as well.

After problems with internet settings (I described it above) everything seems to work OK.

Guest helladios

I think it should be included in the ROM description, that the Internet does not work. If I knew, I would not have downloaded it, anyway! Not everyone has another ROM available, and not everyone can export registry settings (from the "old" ROM) into this ROM, to make it work... and why should I have to, anyway?

Yes, users install ROMS on their own risk, but it is assumed (or should be assumed) that these are working ROM's. So, please, tell everyone: The Internet on this ROM does not work!

Guest Dr. Eran Markovitz

hi all

the internet is working

wifi working

exchange is working.

you have the new setting

youtube player is inside but dont working.

new - Share Pix - with all shortcut to facebook, flicker, photobucket, youtube, picasa and myspace - BUT its only a link to the website and dont lat you upload picture like shozu.

the rom is perfect and i realy love him (after V06 V08 V08F)

hi all

the internet is working

wifi working

exchange is working.

you have the new setting

youtube player is inside but dont working.

new - Share Pix - with all shortcut to facebook, flicker, photobucket, youtube, picasa and myspace - BUT its only a link to the website and dont lat you upload picture like shozu.

the rom is perfect and i realy love him (after V06 V08 V08F)

No, it's not perfect - enabling mouse cursor on the screen leads to showing garbage on the screen and cursor hiding. Also it's not possible to view recorded video in internal camera application (you have to use external application like WMP).

No, it's not perfect - enabling mouse cursor on the screen leads to showing garbage on the screen and cursor hiding. Also it's not possible to view recorded video in internal camera application (you have to use external application like WMP).

I have installed the DXHL2PV09M ROM late night.its work fine and fast, but too fast :rolleyes: Sometime the icon will be missed in your M2D sceen ,(10/5 times,).Hence, I need to some adjustment with software " SKTools" >Optimize> Action>Stability .Then problem is clear up(10/1 times).My comments is better than PV08F,more ROM and quickly respond to software operation

post-454755-1230433974_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230434019_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230434879_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa

More Screen pictures of PV09M

M2D

1)Internet settings >My Storage\Program Files\9.5Beta.exe >Default You can active the internet browser operation on your M2D "Earth Icon"

2)Use Advanced Config.3.3 >HTC Home>Lock position to "Yes" >Save >Software.

3)Well cooperation with S2U2.(gif Screen Wallpaper),

post-454755-1230436169_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230436193_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230436205_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230436222_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230436261_thumb.jpg

post-454755-1230436275_thumb.jpg

Edited by previa