Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest dave94

Took a deep breath and installed cc20 and then the blazingwolf bin. No problems. GPS took a while but it works fine now. That was my main goal. But I like the new look and feel also. Didn't take long to get everything sync'd back up with PC, reconnect with car, Wi-Fi, etc. If you're hesitating (I did), jump in!

I used the non-MS3 version. Any reason I can't install that trial on top of this?

One issue I found. I went to new.m.yahoo.com (new Yahoo home page) in Opera and IE and website compained that it didn't support the phone. I used this new Yahoo mobile site before the flashing. I thought I needed an Opera update but they said they couldn't identify the type of phone. I was able to download/install Google Maps so they must have identified the platform. Any ideas?

thanks!

Dave

Guest blazingwolf
Took a deep breath and installed cc20 and then the blazingwolf bin. No problems. GPS took a while but it works fine now. That was my main goal. But I like the new look and feel also. Didn't take long to get everything sync'd back up with PC, reconnect with car, Wi-Fi, etc. If you're hesitating (I did), jump in!

I used the non-MS3 version. Any reason I can't install that trial on top of this?

One issue I found. I went to new.m.yahoo.com (new Yahoo home page) in Opera and IE and website compained that it didn't support the phone. I used this new Yahoo mobile site before the flashing. I thought I needed an Opera update but they said they couldn't identify the type of phone. I was able to download/install Google Maps so they must have identified the platform. Any ideas?

thanks!

Dave

Welcome to the flashers club. <_<

You can install anything you want to on the ROM including MS3.

I checked the site that you mentioned and I am not sure why it would no longer work. I checked with another ROM and got the same thing. It might have some thing to do with the customer csc but I'm not sure. I will look around for possible fixes.

Guest Adrynalyne

Do you have the browsers set to work as a desktop or mobile browser? That would cause that issue, if set as a desktop browser and going to a mobile site.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest blazingwolf
Do you have the browsers set to work as a desktop or mobile browser? That would cause that issue, if set as a desktop browser and going to a mobile site.

I double checked this and when I looked it was set to handset device. Something is not working right.

Guest Adrynalyne
I double checked this and when I looked it was set to handset device. Something is not working right.

It doesn't work in my 6.1 M2D rom either, I just checked.

Guest dave94

I'll try my wife's 'stock' Omnia later. the site's beta so I guess it could be just hosed right now. Didn't think of this before.

Thanks guys.

Guest hartv427

I Just tried mine Wm6.1 Cooked, IE works when set to Desktop Computer but not when set to Mobile Device ... Same thing with Opera

Edited by hartv427

Guest dave94
I Just tried mine Wm6.1 Cooked, IE works when set to Desktop Computer but not when set to Mobile Device ... Same thing with Opera

Ya, sorry to waste your time. That's site's not ready for prime time I guess. What's funny is you set the browser to Desktop but the site is still perfectly formatted for the phone. <_<

One more thing that reeaaaaally pisses me off about this ROM. I used to use the 50's rotary phone ring tone. Nobody uses that. Now I have to go find that ring tone! JK :)

Thanks again.

Guest wd4sgu
@everyone,

Yesterday I pulled a muscle in and sprained my shoulder (go figure, I'm trying to stay in shape and it hurts me :/). So updates are going to take me a while as I can only use my left arm a little bit at a time. I'll get the fixes and additions out as soon as I am able.

Sorry to hear about your injury! <_< As much as I enjoy using your ROM, I hope you take some time off to recuperate.

Take care.

Mike

Guest blazingwolf
Sorry to hear about your injury! B) As much as I enjoy using your ROM, I hope you take some time off to recuperate.

Take care.

Mike

I am. <_< I'm playing as long as it doesn't hurt much. Feeling better today but I still have numbness in my left hand and arm which worries me. The Ortho Doc I saw didn't think to much about it though.

Anyways, thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pw-man
I am. <_< I'm playing as long as it doesn't hurt much. Feeling better today but I still have numbness in my left hand and arm which worries me. The Ortho Doc I saw didn't think to much about it though.

Anyways, thanks. :)

Blazingwolf - great rom, been using for a week or so now... I finally figured out a problem with MS3 related to ring tones (my phone never rings when people call me). supposidely this is fixed in the 3.01 release. Is that cooked in your rom or are you planning to update it? Thanks!

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf - great rom, been using for a week or so now... I finally figured out a problem with MS3 related to ring tones (my phone never rings when people call me). supposidely this is fixed in the 3.01 release. Is that cooked in your rom or are you planning to update it? Thanks!

I was working on it last night. I hope to have something up today. <_<

Guest pw-man
I was working on it last night. I hope to have something up today. <_<

No problem - just loaded it from the site - still doesn't appear to fix the problem :-(

Are you seeing any issues with it or anybody else care to comment?

Guest blazingwolf
No problem - just loaded it from the site - still doesn't appear to fix the problem :-(

Are you seeing any issues with it or anybody else care to comment?

With any ringtone or with something selected from Mobile Shell?

Guest pw-man
With any ringtone or with something selected from Mobile Shell?

Appears to be any ringtone. I have the defaults set with the "normal" profile and it doesn't work (I simply test by calling myself). I then when and set a contact specific ringtone via Mobile Shell and it doesn't ring either....

It does vibrate and give me the display, but if I didn't feel it I wouldn't get the call....

I did check the volume controls and they were all the way up...

I've seen posts on the SPB forum of other Omnia users having the problem.... but no report of a fix yet...

Guest blazingwolf
Appears to be any ringtone. I have the defaults set with the "normal" profile and it doesn't work (I simply test by calling myself). I then when and set a contact specific ringtone via Mobile Shell and it doesn't ring either....

It does vibrate and give me the display, but if I didn't feel it I wouldn't get the call....

I did check the volume controls and they were all the way up...

I've seen posts on the SPB forum of other Omnia users having the problem.... but no report of a fix yet...

Hmm, very weird as mine works just fine. A little bad news though. I have broken something in the ROM. I will not be able to post until I get it figured out. Sorry. <_<

Guest pw-man
Hmm, very weird as mine works just fine. A little bad news though. I have broken something in the ROM. I will not be able to post until I get it figured out. Sorry. <_<

Ah, love it when the ingredients go bad :-)

Guest blazingwolf
Ah, love it when the ingredients go bad :-)

Yeah, it's driving me nuts. Everything I have tried has failed. I might have to start from scratch again. <_<

Guest pw-man
Yeah, it's driving me nuts. Everything I have tried has failed. I might have to start from scratch again. <_<

Ouch... on the bright side, I switched over to 6.5, loaded the latest MS and got my ring tones working :-)

WinMo Thread on MS3

I am amazed at this difference in free mem between 6.1 and 6.5 - thus I've moved over to 6.5 (at least for now!)

Guest blazingwolf
Ouch... on the bright side, I switched over to 6.5, loaded the latest MS and got my ring tones working :-)

WinMo Thread on MS3

I am amazed at this difference in free mem between 6.1 and 6.5 - thus I've moved over to 6.5 (at least for now!)

Yeah, I think 6.5 is nice. I will try to keep this one up to date but I spend most of my time on 6.5 since that is what I use. <_<

Guest dave94

I fixed this. It had nothing to do with the ROM although there is a problem if you can't install a Window update CAB. Maybe this is by design?

- original -

Hey, since this flash I realized I have this damn bug again where I can't send email. I was trying install a cab from MS and it failed b/c the OS id was different than it expected (link below). I did the registry edit manually also it still doesn't want to send emails. Could this be the ROM or am I just not donig something right. I did the Tracy&Matt fix and it fixed this problem originally. Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...ylang=en&tm

Edited by dave94

Guest blazingwolf
I fixed this. It had nothing to do with the ROM although there is a problem if you can't install a Window update CAB. Maybe this is by design?

- original -

Hey, since this flash I realized I have this damn bug again where I can't send email. I was trying install a cab from MS and it failed b/c the OS id was different than it expected (link below). I did the registry edit manually also it still doesn't want to send emails. Could this be the ROM or am I just not donig something right. I did the Tracy&Matt fix and it fixed this problem originally. Any ideas?

thanks

Dave

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...ylang=en&tm

Nice find. <_< Thank you for finding it and posting about it.

• 2 months later...
Guest roaminmatt
Here is my first crack at an i910 ROM. This first one is a mostly clean ROM with a few additions that I like to use myself. This should be considered a beta ROM and installing it is at your own risk. I assume no responsibility if you brick your device.

Please remember that this ROM is made for me but I am sharing it with you. Things I add or remove is up to me. I will gladly take suggestions but will not listen to demands.

I need to thank the following people for helping me get this ROM done: azintegra, WoZZer999

5-6-09 Update: Added Pim Backup, TouchLaunch, removed TVout and other items.

4-20-09 Update: Added personalizer and removed some more files and registry items that were not needed. smile.gif

Things I am working on:

GUI (I am looking at using ThrottleLauncher as my front end)

Video player (WMP works but I would like to have something else)

1-Calc (new skin)

Other items as suggested

ROM changes:

Items removed:

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Infrared Drivers

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Reader

Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

TVout (the icon in the settings menu is still ther but does nothing)

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)

Widgets

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

Updated:

.net 3.5

Added:

1-Calc (needs a new skin, this does not fill the screen yet)

Advanced Config 3.3

Baf's GPS Toggler

ICS

Pim Backup

Samsung Today 2

S2P (replaces Touch Player for Music)

Spb Screenshot

Soft key applet

TouchLaunch by Teemu Avellan (Press the home button in Today 2 to get to it)

Items changed:

Main Menu button is now the Easy Settings button

Spb Screenshot on the camera button

Guava Bubbles is the new today theme

Most of the items here have been removed by me by hand.

If you encounter any issues please post a bug or issue report in this thread so that I may investigate the issue.

How to flash this ROM:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

http://www.4shared.com/file/103854381/e43f...ngwolf3bin.html

MS3 version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/103851844/36b9...ashMS32bin.html

You must have a registration number to get MS3 working. The 15 day trial period does not work.

Guest roaminmatt

This rom is not worth the work. Ever since i flashed my onmia with it, it has been lagging like crazy, my keyboard doesn't work with some apps, and i keep getting a message saying my remote party has logged out. so i re-flashed back to Verizon software. I guess no mater what version of windows you use its just going to suck.

roaminmatt