Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Here is my first crack at an i910 ROM. This first one is a mostly clean ROM with a few additions that I like to use myself. This should be considered a beta ROM and installing it is at your own risk. I assume no responsibility if you brick your device.

Please remember that this ROM is made for me but I am sharing it with you. Things I add or remove is up to me. I will gladly take suggestions but will not listen to demands.

I need to thank the following people for helping me get this ROM done: azintegra, WoZZer999

5-6-09 Update: Added Pim Backup, TouchLaunch, removed TVout and other items.

4-20-09 Update: Added personalizer and removed some more files and registry items that were not needed. smile.gif

Things I am working on:

GUI (I am looking at using ThrottleLauncher as my front end)

Video player (WMP works but I would like to have something else)

1-Calc (new skin)

Other items as suggested

ROM changes:

Items removed:

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Infrared Drivers

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Reader

Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

TVout (the icon in the settings menu is still ther but does nothing)

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)

Widgets

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

Updated:

.net 3.5

Added:

1-Calc (needs a new skin, this does not fill the screen yet)

Advanced Config 3.3

Baf's GPS Toggler

ICS

Pim Backup

Samsung Today 2

S2P (replaces Touch Player for Music)

Spb Screenshot

Soft key applet

TouchLaunch by Teemu Avellan (Press the home button in Today 2 to get to it)

Items changed:

Main Menu button is now the Easy Settings button

Spb Screenshot on the camera button

Guava Bubbles is the new today theme

Most of the items here have been removed by me by hand.

If you encounter any issues please post a bug or issue report in this thread so that I may investigate the issue.

How to flash this ROM:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

http://www.4shared.com/file/103854381/e43f...ngwolf3bin.html

MS3 version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/103851844/36b9...ashMS32bin.html

You must have a registration number to get MS3 working. The 15 day trial period does not work.

post-142761-1241667746_thumb.png

post-142761-1241667768_thumb.png

post-142761-1241667783_thumb.png

post-142761-1241667796_thumb.png

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Adrynalyne

Not a huge response...

Well, I will be the one to say it then.

Good job.

Can you tell me what your free space is on a clean flash?

Guest tedkord

Fantastic! One thing is sure - whatever the cooks on this forum finally end up with as final will be better than what Verizon releases as official. Thanks for making this available to us.

Guest Omega Ra

Just noticed this now. Sounds good, similar to what I would do, I am thinking of doing a ROM, but have no clue about coding or anything and don't want to brick my phone with testing lol.

Guest blazingwolf
Not a huge response...

Well, I will be the one to say it then.

Good job.

Can you tell me what your free space is on a clean flash?

89.32 Storage and 64.94 Program memory is free. I haven't pulled as much as WoZZer999 did though so I don't expect to have as much.

Thank you. :excl:

Guest blazingwolf
Is this like the other rom for the i910 were you are just flashing the pda part of the rom?

Yes it is. It is much quicker and seems to be safer then doing a full image. Once we figure out how to pull the csc we should start to be able to do more things like provide an exe. That might have to wait until an exe is provided to us by Samsung and Verizon though.

Guest blazingwolf

I have noticed an issue that I need to fix. The Opera link is no longer in the start menu and has gone back to pIE. It is installed though. Just have to get to it by the Windows folder.

I need to remove the security check.

Guest windzilla
I have noticed an issue that I need to fix. The Opera link is no longer in the start menu and has gone back to pIE. It is installed though. Just have to get to it by the Windows folder.

I need to remove the security check.

this is great, more and more development for the i910 is good news.

Keep up the good work wolf

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Glad to see another cook emerge :excl: Good job dude. I'd try this out right now but I just got M2D where I want it lol. I'll def be keeping an eye on this thread though :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne
could some one please share the kitchen for the i910...

thanks

Its pretty large. If you need a base to start with, use Syakr. Most of it should work fine for the i910.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Aximtreo

My question is: Is this the new ROM with the unlocked GPS or the standard ROM. You might say but I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks, finally getting a working device to our liking.

Guest Adrynalyne
My question is: Is this the new ROM with the unlocked GPS or the standard ROM. You might say but I don't see it anywhere.

Thanks, finally getting a working device to our liking.

Everything cooked so far is from the leaked rom.

Guest blazingwolf
Does this rom have the wifi issue? Where it doesn't always load on boot, and disappears?

Do you mean automatically turn on after a soft reset? If yes then it does not automatically start up after a soft reset. However, I just turn it back on using easy settings after a soft reset. I have not had any issues with it dropping or disappearing. I don't use WiFi a lot though. I have tried on both my home and work networks.

Guest bigdaddykane

don'tmean to be nosy but iv been reading and reading and reading every ounce of forums on the web about the omnia now that it can be flashed...i hear tons of talk about limitations do to "csc" what is "csc" if you guys mind me asking

Guest blazingwolf
Surprised on one else has asked the question. This is a bin file; how do we flash it? :excl:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. No turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

Guest blazingwolf
don'tmean to be nosy but iv been reading and reading and reading every ounce of forums on the web about the omnia now that it can be flashed...i hear tons of talk about limitations do to "csc" what is "csc" if you guys mind me asking

The customer_csc can allow you to change the ROM information so that the name of it can be different. WhoZZer999 thinks there are some other things in it also but I'm not sure what else is in it.

The hope is that once an exe file drops from Verizon we can get to this information.