Omnia i910 ROM by blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
Ok, Blazing... So, I have been flashing different ROMs to see which ones that I like... And I saw that you built in MS3... Seeing as MS3 is my new crack, I went for it :( Things that I noticed... The samsung today 2 is pretty nifty... but not quite as useful if you are using MS3 already, but I'm sure people like to have the option though. One the today screen, the red home icon tries to go to "launcher", but gives an error message. Something else that was slightly annoying was the "Easy Settings" button that you binded to the right soft key. Once again, it might work better in a version without MS3, but when MS3 is installed, that key will usually have the "SPB Home" key. Personally, I use that button religiously because I will open up the Today page, enable/disable GPS Toggle and/or check the weather, and go back to MS3. It's just helpful having that soft key instead of having to bind it to a hard key or open up programs and then scroll down to SPB Home. Speaking of scrolling, I'm having more of a problem with it than any other ROM (including stock). It just doesn't seem as sensitive. I go to scroll and instead of scrolling, it opens up whatever my finger was first touching. Just some observations :D

Hey, thanks for letting me know all of this.:lol:

@Samsung Today 2: yeah it is setup to launch Main Menu but since I took that out it doesn't work. I've got to work on this and I have an idea but it may take few days or so before I can get to it.

@Easy Settings soft key: I have this one changed already for the next version. However, to get it working for you now just use the soft key applet in the System settings menu to change it. :lol: Another issue I have with the MS3 ROM is the settings menus in MS3. Some don't work and some show the incorrect icon. I'm working to get that fixed also.

@scrolling: Hmm, I have no issue with scrolling at all so far. Is it just scrolling over all or in a specific area?

Guest taz55

I have another question. If I update to your next rom. does that mean I need to reinstall all my programs again? do I need to be starting fresh each time?

Guest ardvarkofdoom

For the scrolling, it was doing it in the Programs menu (accessed from the start button) pretty consistently... but I didn't have the same problem when using MS3 menus.

Guest woodsptw

Flashed worked fine. My challenges came in the ActiveSync b/u that seemed to corrupt my exchange contact list. I am also missing my data connection to Verizon. I'll research the thread and check on that next.

Guest blazingwolf
I have another question. If I update to your next rom. does that mean I need to reinstall all my programs again? do I need to be starting fresh each time?

You could try one of the backup programs to see if that works for you. Myself, I usually reinstall what I use.

Guest blazingwolf
For the scrolling, it was doing it in the Programs menu (accessed from the start button) pretty consistently... but I didn't have the same problem when using MS3 menus.

Hmm, I just checked in the MS3 ROM I have been working on and it works just fine. If you install the new version when I post let me know if there are any changes to your issue.

Guest blazingwolf
Flashed worked fine. My challenges came in the ActiveSync b/u that seemed to corrupt my exchange contact list. I am also missing my data connection to Verizon. I'll research the thread and check on that next.

Have you tried to reflash to see if that helps? I have made no changes to items that you are having issues with. I have connected data several times with all of my ROMs to make sure that it is working.

Guest woodsptw
Have you tried to reflash to see if that helps? I have made no changes to items that you are having issues with. I have connected data several times with all of my ROMs to make sure that it is working.

I can do that - I assume you mean reflashing the Verizon ROM not your changes. Is there any prep I need before I do that.

I need to be more structured in tracking the changes and validating what's working. I could swear that the data connection worked. I know wireless worked - and just got home to try it and now it doesn't (either) - I get the error 'A problem occured with repllog.exe"

FYI - I initially followed iDoctor's instruction and used the i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img file from his area.

Also - There are probably some post install instructions of the Verizon/Samsung ROM that would be helpful (before installing any other mods):

- switch the USB connection back to active sync to sync with Mass Storage

- reenable USB in active sync

- post install validation before other changes

- check data connection

- check bluetooth

- check wireless

- make a call, receive a call, text a message, etc.

- post install steps (e.g. when do you restore your contacts?)

Guest woodsptw
I need to be more structured in tracking the changes and validating what's working. I could swear that the data connection worked. I know wireless worked - and just got home to try it and now it doesn't (either) - I get the error 'A problem occured with repllog.exe"

Ok - I did a soft reset and wireless works. I actually think it worked before - I think the error I got was when I tried to connect to the company network to update outlook (over the wireless).

As for my data connection.. (I've turned off my wireless) and see:

- "Ev" at the top and the Antenna strength is ok.

- On wireless manager I see wi-fi, bluetooth and phone settings but there is an option "Disconnect Cellular Data" that shows grayed out and can't be selected.

- I can't get to the internet

I have to believe there is a simple solution to 'activate' my cellular data connection..

- I went to Start, Programs and selected Internet Sharing UI and connected. It dialed something like #777??

- under phone - it says broadband access now! I've done a couple resets but still not internet access

(I'm going to search the threads and then reflash if I don't find anything).

GPS is working and did lock!

Guest blazingwolf

Have you tried a hard reset? Also, I meant reflash my ROM, however you can go back to the leaked one and see if everything is working there for you.

Guest woodsptw
I have to believe there is a simple solution to 'activate' my cellular data connection..

- I went to Start, Programs and selected Internet Sharing UI and connected. It dialed something like #777??

- under phone - it says broadband access now! I've done a couple resets but still not internet access

Well the main issue is that I had a proxy setting entered that I did not need.

Under Settings, Connections, Manage existing connections, there is a tab at the bottom for Proxy. I had to uncheck that and reconnect to the verizon broadband.

- I did that at one point trying to connect to the company network

- My broadband cellular connection was, however, missing in my connections

I did call Verizon - they had me set up the Broadband cellular connection. In case it matters for anyone else ever:

- Under 'Manage existing connections' and on the 'modem' tab (if yours is missing) select "new"

- enter/leave the name, under select a modem - it should say cellular, select next

- enter #777 as the number to be dialed, select next

- enter your 10 digit cell phone number @vzw3g.com

- enter their password and vzw as the domain

Guest hartv427

Blazingwolf,

Tired your MS3 Version last night very smooth Flash and boot. Went back to the "blazingwolf2" though I preferred it without MS3 … no offence just my preference. Looking forward to your next version of standard. I have a small idea for your new versions a shortcut to pimg.exe aka Pictures & Video in the Programs menu I put it in but I lose the icon. And the oem calculator two files.

Thanks again forbuilding a simple smooth running rom.

P.S. I voted for you I believe in the long run you will prevail :D

Edited by hartv427

Guest Supahrob

Heya! I just flashed to your ROM (the MS3 version) and I am loving it! I just wanted to thank you for your hard work, it is a job very well done.

I do have a quick question - I can't find the GPS settings, anywhere. I mean, GPS works fine in all the programs I try, so it's kind of a non-issue. But I was just curious as to where I should look for GPS settings in case I need/want to change anything.

Take care,

Rob

Edited by Supahrob

Guest hartv427
Heya! I just flashed to your ROM (the MS3 version) and I am loving it! I just wanted to thank you for your hard work, it is a job very well done.

I do have a quick question - I can't find the GPS settings, anywhere. I mean, GPS works fine in all the programs I try, so it's kind of a non-issue. But I was just curious as to where I should look for GPS settings in case I need/want to change anything.

Take care,

Rob

Edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>ControlPanel>GPS Settings>redirect key Change "redirect" to "default" wait about 1 minute & soft reset then you find an icon under settings\system. I use PHM to do that

post-471951-1240884026_thumb.png

Edited by hartv427

Guest blazingwolf
Edit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>ControlPanel>GPS Settings>redirect key Change "redirect" to "default" wait about 1 minute & soft reset then you find an icon under settings\system. I use PHM to do that

I can turn that on by default if you guys want me to. I haven't found any real reason for it for us at the moment though.

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf,

Tired your MS3 Version last night very smooth Flash and boot. Went back to the "blazingwolf2" though I preferred it without MS3 … no offence just my preference. Looking forward to your next version of standard. I have a small idea for your new versions a shortcut to pimg.exe aka Pictures & Video in the Programs menu I put it in but I lose the icon. And the oem calculator two files.

Thanks again forbuilding a simple smooth running rom.

P.S. I voted for you I believe in the long run you will prevail :lol:

Glad you like it. Yeah i need to add that shortcut but I keep forgetting. :D Senility kicking in I guess. :lol:

Guest rcicu

Blaze, I have two questions. Does your rom include the FM Radio and does it include the released version of MS3?

Thanks for your hard work,

Guest blazingwolf
Blaze, I have two questions. Does your rom include the FM Radio and does it include the released version of MS3?

Thanks for your hard work,

Yes and yes. MS3 is a trial but the trial mode ends immediately. So you need to have a key to use it.

Guest Itlooksfast

I did everything in the direction...Run UMDL...went to PDA and find the file...detect and turn off phone...plug the phone back in using USB then turn the phone on...no detection of any kind. whats going on?

Guest grimwj
Download links are in the first post. :D

Thank you! I download it using prox. I want to use MS3,but it's trial?How to use.

Edited by grimwj