is this the update????

Guest CFitz

Guest emaN resU
I have a working 6.1 kitchen. I'll drop the 6.1 ROM first, then 6.5 following.

Sweet, I'll be following your progress. I am looking forward to my first 6.5 flash with the new CF ROM!

Guest FutureMD311

For people on Win7 RC 64bit.

I have successfully flashed CF03 by setting compatibility to Vista SP2. I know the site FAQ's say x64 is not compatible but, my phone works and so does the GPS.

Bing's locate me function does NOT work for me, although GPS is pretty speedy.

Guest FutureMD311

i wouldnt call it aGPS just yet since Bing's locate me feature doesn't work and that's SUPPOSED to be an aGPS. But on Google maps many people including me are getting locks within 2000 meters before clicking use gps. after clicking use gps, locks are VERY fast....sounds promising!

Guest UggTheThug

I have to second that GPS locks are extremly fast. After waitin the usual two minutes to get the first true lock, I pulled out the battery and retried it. Not even two seconds after I turned on Use GPS it found me dead on, inside the house on a cloudy day ;) . For now ill wait on flashin to 6.5, prolly wait on BW to cook up somthin good off new CF03

Guest passionsista
I have to second that GPS locks are extremly fast. After waitin the usual two minutes to get the first true lock, I pulled out the battery and retried it. Not even two seconds after I turned on Use GPS it found me dead on, inside the house on a cloudy day ;) . For now ill wait on flashin to 6.5, prolly wait on BW to cook up somthin good off new CF03

The same thing happened to me in under 1 minute I had 4 GPS active. Nice!!!

Guest Stealth Pope
FYI successfull flash using Windows Vista x64

I'd really like to know how that happened...There is no setting for Vista SP2, on ummm Vista SP2.

Guest Chugworth

Google Maps will now instantly give you a highly imprecise location. But I think this is just tower triangulation, and not true aGPS. From what I understand, with aGPS the network provider sends the phone information to help it obtain a GPS lock faster. But the i910 still takes just as long as before to obtain an accurate GPS reading.

On the bright side, at least you can instantly know what town you are in. ;)

Guest level140
Google Maps will now instantly give you a highly imprecise location. But I think this is just tower triangulation, and not true aGPS. From what I understand, with aGPS the network provider sends the phone information to help it obtain a GPS lock faster. But the i910 still takes just as long as before to obtain an accurate GPS reading.

On the bright side, at least you can instantly know what town you are in. ;)

Do you often wake up in strange towns with people you don't know? :D

Guest aero1366

Anyone know if IGO can take advantage of our newly acquired AGPS capabilities? I was poking around in the settings and I couldn't find anything.

Google Maps is now a pleasure to use, though!

Guest SmashOgre

As for me w/the CF03 ROM I'm getting pretty darn precise locations w/Google Maps, Pocket Streets and a Geocaching program called BeeLine.

In Google for example in satellite view I can tell when I move from the North to the South end of my flippin house. Even my Mio DigiWalker isn't this precise.

Time to lock on to satellites is slow, cause I'm inside I'm sure, but under a couple minutes...the initial location(aGPS??) is about 1000 feet off but I don't have more than 3 signal bars either.

I'm impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dna550

I'll just add that Google Maps on the SCH-i910 with this ROM is an amazing application and it's great that it now always works with the Samsung keyboard.

Would I like WM 6.5? Sure.

But the SCH-i910 with touch screen calibration is now very responsive and very usable.

Combined with Verizon Wireless' solid network and usually very fast network, I am a happy.

Guest necosino
I'll just add that Google Maps on the SCH-i910 with this ROM is an amazing application and it's great that it now always works with the Samsung keyboard.

Would I like WM 6.5? Sure.

But the SCH-i910 with touch screen calibration is now very responsive and very usable.

Combined with Verizon Wireless' solid network and usually very fast network, I am a happy.

We have WinMo 6.5 ROMs for the i910...