is this the update????

Guest CFitz

Guest BrianPick
Yes, CF03 is the official update. The links are wrong though.

Yep links to an update for the epix. But they are obviously poised to release, headed to the vzw forum to see what's and stir up a little crap by posting this link.

Guest BrianPick
Yep links to an update for the epix. But they are obviously poised to release, headed to the vzw forum to see what's and stir up a little crap by posting this link.

I'll bet they love that the site is getting slammed and they are trying to post the link. I really don't know why i am so excited. It's not like I am gonna step back from 6.5 cooked roms.

Guest semmtexx

There is a dude on PDAphonehome.com named Guero who claims to have been using the CF03 rom for weeks now and he can't tell a difference. I think he also says that theyve removed Opera. What the badword samsung? Oh, and Adryn is on that forum and replied to him, "rest assured when we get it, all the cooks will be ripping it apart and onleving in the good stuff." I was like yeah Adryn, right on!!

Edited by semmtexx

Guest NewKlNGjames
Haha neat... looks like we are SUPER close to an update!!

by super close do you mean by the end of the year?? so close... yet so far away...

Guest blazingwolf
Not going to give up the 6.5 roms!

Try what? There is nothing to download yet.

LOL. You edited your reply as I hit quote. ;)

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest semmtexx
by super close do you mean by the end of the year?? so close... yet so far away...

Well, like 2 days ago there was just an update page, now the page has links (not working properly yet though) to dl tools for the update and if you read the page, it says that theyve released it. So no I don't think the end of the year. I'd say within the next week or so. maybe sooner.

Guest BrianPick
Well, like 2 days ago there was just an update page, now the page has links (not working properly yet though) to dl tools for the update and if you read the page, it says that theyve released it. So no I don't think the end of the year. I'd say within the next week or so. maybe sooner.

I wonder how many people have hit the link. There have been about 60 post on the Verizon Official forum in the last 15 minutes. I doubt they can wait 2 days if they wanted to. The peasents are soaking the torches and sharpening the pitch forks.

Guest pallen

Any clue if the AGPS or whatever Verizon uses in their navigator will be available to other apps? That would be some good stuff for the 6.5 cooks to get their hands on. I'm guess Verizon would prefer to keep those goodies to themselves.

Guest BrianPick
Any clue if the AGPS or whatever Verizon uses in their navigator will be available to other apps? That would be some good stuff for the 6.5 cooks to get their hands on. I'm guess Verizon would prefer to keep those goodies to themselves.

If we are to infere from the Saga update, then I would say not. They made sure that the aGPS didn't work there, as long as they have it unlocked.....no class action suite. How else are they still gonna bleed you for VZ Nav. They just wanna be sue proof.

Guest NewKlNGjames

I have been waiting for this since I bricked my first omnia, I have been afraid to do it again since. My question is, once I flash to CF03 then I can do just the pda flash to go to 6.5 right? Or will I need to wait for the custom roms to be updated? I would feel a lot better about it if that was all I had to do.

Guest TheDrizzle

Wow, at long last!! It really looks like it's going to happen. Is the download tool on that page better/different then the UMDL tool we are using currently?

Guest yojoe600
Wow, at long last!! It really looks like it's going to happen. Is the download tool on that page better/different then the UMDL tool we are using currently?

it looks different

Guest BrianPick

It is "part" of that tool. UMDL is more than likely an internal tool as it can flash multiple units at once. Of course, I may be talking out of my a** !

Edited by BrianPick

Guest blazingwolf
It is "part" of that tool. UMDL is more than likely an internal tool as it can flash multiple units at once. Of course, I may be talking out of my a** !

I'm pretty sure your correct.

Guest Majorair32

I dont know why any of the regular users even care about this update other then maybe blaze, bgill, tm or any of the other chefs out there. I would never go back to 6.1 ever ever I would have to say even if agps is working and chefs coulds get it into 6.5 I would still use the cooked roms I love been able to customize everthing.

Guest semmtexx
I dont know why any of the regular users even care about this update other then maybe blaze, bgill, tm or any of the other chefs out there. I would never go back to 6.1 ever ever I would have to say even if agps is working and chefs coulds get it into 6.5 I would still use the cooked roms I love been able to customize everthing.

i just want to flash for shits and giggle. maybe use it for a day or two then go back to bgill's latest. Just curiosity and tinkering mainly. i pretty much know it will FAIL in comparison to the roms by our great chef's here.