Samsung Omnia II ROM Extract -I8000XXIG1

Guest KSTAN

Guest KSTAN
look there wasn't any need for the insult. I just wanted to make sure because there wasn't any instructions on how to put it on the phone. All I was looking for was instructions because there are too many links on the first post.

the links on the 1st post are for the dumps extracted from the rom as indicated on the title...it is not for any phone other than Samsung Omnia 2 GT-I8000.

As for the wallpapers, u can resize it for ur own use.. and the apps that are extracted, u can try by all means if it works, the resolution supported is by default 480x800. U can test it out on Microsoft emulation ROM image also.. :)

U can try to port it over or "Google it" as some over XDA has tried to port it to their devices.. ;)

u can try to extract other apps if u are interested from the dump... ;)

Guest alvinaloy
look there wasn't any need for the insult. I just wanted to make sure because there wasn't any instructions on how to put it on the phone. All I was looking for was instructions because there are too many links on the first post.

I thought there were enough instructions. As Apo11on said, if you're still unsure, you shouldn't be trying it. Unless you are willing to take your Omnia to the service centre for any botch ups that might occur.

Guest brnlahaze

Just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't missing something ...

I downloaded the tcalendar, but the resolution is way off. I'm guessing that is how it is for right now, or there is an update flloating aroud I might be able to play with.

Thx

Guest necosino
Just wanted to check and make sure I wasn't missing something ...

I downloaded the tcalendar, but the resolution is way off. I'm guessing that is how it is for right now, or there is an update flloating aroud I might be able to play with.

Thx

These rips are from and for ONLY the i8000 until they can be ported to i9X0's resolution.

Guest KSTAN
what is the way to get the eboot.nb0 from part00.raw ? Could you explain it?

Did some research in modaco and XDA, all reference to use itsutilsbin to dump the ROM.

See the 1st post, from the files dsk1_7.rar, included the txt file the screen capture of the steps for the raw dump.

As for the OS.nb, use this command --> pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1: -b 0x800 0 0x12987000 os.nb.

For eboot.nb0 and XIP.bin , use osnbtool (download i900executor from pako777 or Samsung i90X ROM Kitchen from pdaclan.com).

>osnbtool.exe -sp OS.nb

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.48 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

It does not include .PRE section in source file.

Source file does not need to split!

eboot.nb0 --> osnbtool -d os.nb 0 eboot.nb0

xip.bin --> osnbtool -d os.nb 1 XIP.bin

dump xip.bin --> dump xip

OEM & SYS --> use imgfstodump Part02_dsk1.raw, then pkgtool dump

Edited by KSTAN

Guest magia971
Sorry, but files seem be corrupted yet. could you upload part02, compressed into rar?

Sorry for my english :)

ciao stefano... è possibile fare un porting di questa rom per omnia i900??

Guest lambi1982

I ran the photo album just fine and it worked well, the main menu I copied over to the windows folder, when I reset the phone it was frozen on the omnia screen...had to reflash.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest biyanisuraj

u are really gr8 man...have used all your roms..but as u are moving to i8000 i need little help of yours

i wanted some help regarding how to get omnia i8000 apps form its rom and how to extract each pasrt out of it also how to change resolutions of them means what applications should i use to explore them and how to replace original i900 apps with the one i created...

want to have i8000 on i900 wudnt it be gr8 have time to do that this month so asking for tutorials guides kitchens etc so that can study and do the porting

hope you may reply soon and help me out for our omnia i900 community...

love u man

• 2 months later...
Guest malaysia9966
I am proud to join the ROM cooking community for omnia 2..Here is the little comprehensive step by step procedure to dump.I thought instead of dumping xip1, xip2 and os, why not dump the whole OS.nb, which will help us in giving more information about MBR and other things.

Use the latest itsutils from xs4all.nl and type in following command to dump entire os.nb

pdocread.exe -w -d DSK1: -b 0x800 0 0x12987000 os.nb

rename os.nb as os.nb.payload as there is no 8 byte data.

use imgfsfromnb os.nb.payload imgfs.bin

then use imgfstodump imgfs.bin

I hope the further procedures are implicit and are known ;)

I hope this helps for further investigation in ROM.

will post some packages if i can get them by this weekend from ROM

Kindly check the xip, samsung has introduced a global wincenls which contains all the possible language and some ad dons in xip itself.This is a great step towards winwo

sorry if im in the wrong section but i would like to know how to update to original rom for omnia i8000 after installing a cooked rom.thank u in advance.