Guest NiTTiN

hi all

I am a hard core samsung omnia fan

I have 2 samsung omnia 2.

the first was bought on the very first day it was launched

the second i bought yesterday and to my surprise the new 1 has a new rom too

the new device has version I8000XXIG6

the earlier has I8000XXIG1

the major difference i noticed is that the default theme in the new version is black i guess to take full advantage of amoled

plz paul, sector and all the gurus please give us this new rom so that the doors for new custom roms will be opened.

here are the snap shots

post-283663-1249238201_thumb.jpg

post-283663-1249238239_thumb.jpg

post-283663-1249238257_thumb.jpg

Why did you buy 2 phones, also is the incoming message sound still tied to the system volume or have they corrected this and tied it to the ringer volume, also is there any adjustment for vibration now as this is very weak when receiving calls.

Guest -Vulture-

@ NiTTiN:

Can you find a new widget which shows upcoming appointments? I could swear that i saw one of the digital clock-widget to show next appointments on a screenshot here on modaco. Same goes for the lockscreen in the new firmware: Can we see our next appointments there? Thanks!

Edited by -Vulture-

Guest IBTECH
hi all

the major difference i noticed is that the default theme in the new version is black i guess to take full advantage of amoled

plz paul, sector and all the gurus please give us this new rom so that the doors for new custom roms will be opened.

here are the snap shots

Thanks for the info.

Is there anywhere to download this ROM?

Hi,

I have the one with version I8000XXIG1.

Is there a possibility to upgrade it? There are many bugs in this phone, including opening IMAP emails.

Thanks.

Guest FerdiBorbon

No way!! i want that rom update!!

How is your touchplayer performance, i posted up a HD clip on another thread, at a high kbs rate i just wanna know if it it plays flawless, as this the only department im not too happy with the GT-i8000.

Thanks

Btw thanks for the new tones, i like em all :)

Also here a clip you can test with your newer device.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onwyj4zzmjy

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest crzcar
hi all

here are the snap shots

I am very delighted to hear there is a new rom. Thks for sharing... Now, where can the rest of us get hold of that rom?

Guest NiTTiN
No way!! i want that rom update!!

How is your touchplayer performance, i posted up a HD clip on another thread, at a high kbs rate i just wanna know if it it plays flawless, as this the only department im not too happy with the GT-i8000.

Thanks

Btw thanks for the new tones, i like em all :)

Also here a clip you can test with your newer device.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?onwyj4zzmjy

hi

the video works flawless in both my phones but does not run on htc hd ;)

Guest FerdiBorbon
hi

the video works flawless in both my phones but does not run on htc hd :)

actually i'll post another video when i get home, that trailer does run well on mine too, but other movies not as well as it drops frames...

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest modacian
@ NiTTiN:

Can you find a new widget which shows upcoming appointments? I could swear that i saw one of the digital clock-widget to show next appointments on a screenshot here on modaco. Same goes for the lockscreen in the new firmware: Can we see our next appointments there? Thanks!

Yes it is there from the initial rom (which I have!) and using it since i got it!! :)

Guest -Vulture-
Yes it is there from the initial rom (which I have!) and using it since i got it!! :)

Hm...sounds nice. But why does Brian from pocketnow.com complain about the missing possibility to see your upcoming appointments in his review? Im just curious... ;)

Guest FerdiBorbon

"Nittin" can you please play this on the latest rom device, this file seems to put touchplayer into more work which causes the frame drops, the settings are the same as the transformers 2 trailer...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3qxxzttmzu

im very curious to see if there is any improvements to playback on the new rom...let me know if you get the micro stutters too..

Thanks...

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest Andy Q
Hm...sounds nice. But why does Brian from pocketnow.com complain about the missing possibility to see your upcoming appointments in his review? Im just curious... :)

What he meant was having upcoming appointments displayed on the wake-up screen, the one where you have to press and hold to unlock the phone...

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

As soon as all major (popular) bugs are fixed I'll be getting one for me, YES if the best time is Xmas :) so I can have the whole holiday week to play around with it ;)

Guest FerdiBorbon
Anyone can tell me where to get that ROM mentioned?

No one knows anywhere, i think they were pre updated by samsung for the new batches :)

Guest crzcar
No one knows anywhere, i think they were pre updated by samsung for the new batches ;)

Unless NiTTin can copy the G6 rom out and share.... :)

Guest FerdiBorbon
Unless NiTTin can copy the G6 rom out and share.... :)

even if he did i dont think we can update safely yet...is that true chefs?

Guest NiTTiN
"Nittin" can you please play this on the latest rom device, this file seems to put touchplayer into more work which causes the frame drops, the settings are the same as the transformers 2 trailer...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3qxxzttmzu

im very curious to see if there is any improvements to playback on the new rom...let me know if you get the micro stutters too..

Thanks...

hi

the video skips a few frames in both my devices

but core player plays it like a charm

Guest FerdiBorbon
hi

the video skips a few frames in both my devices

but core player plays it like a charm

very interesting i didnt try playing it on coreplayer, which version of coreplayer are you using...

Guest NiTTiN
very interesting i didnt try playing it on coreplayer, which version of coreplayer are you using...

obviously the latest 1

pocket pc without core player is like life without fun :)

hey please can u pm me ur im or yahoo id we could have some chat

Guest kvv515kvv
yesss

finaly the sms sound bug is solved and there are 4 cool sms tones too

here u ggo

can you remap camera-button and volume_up&downd-buttons with new rom?

tnx