"smart unlock" enable?

Guest AndrewTan

The SSkin is cool but the clock not auto updates.

- If you let it auto blank and lock, then next time you open ...the clock remain on previous last time u lock. (no auto updates)

- If you lock your own, then unlock, it will go to your main page before it show up, the clock do updates then.

I am running it under I8000XXIJ6 - WM6.5 (Maybe this is WM6.5 issue because I notice the Today also will only update once I unlock, any way using registry to make the clock all times updates even lock screen)

Edited by AndrewTan

Guest bobobird

I dont think we should complain too much.

As a first effort, it is an excellent demonstration of what the device is capable of.

If the developer works out the bugs etc it can be a great addon.

c2

Guest silencer22
SSkin nice to see but not to use.

Already uninstall because:

- clock not updates

- the slide to answer by Microsoft not working.

the clock does update, but there is serious delay! it seems that the lockscreen update the time every few other minutes...

micosoft nv integrate the slide to answer to system of 6.5, its part of 6.5 lockscreen....

there's an app tt could activate the slide to unlock in xda if i rmb correctly... but i hav not tested it myself...

One more major flaw:

ALARM DOESN'T WORK WHEN THIS IS ENABLED!

Please be aware not to miss your exams or work!

i hav tested both the samsung alarms and winmo alarms... they are working fine for me.

the samsung alarm works better as the notification bubble stays ontop of the lockscreen..

another issue wif the sskin lockscreen, touchplayer controls are not supported...

Guest AndrewTan
the clock does update, but there is serious delay! it seems that the lockscreen update the time every few other minutes..

You try let it auto lock itself then you will notice the clock is not updating at all.

I let it auto lock yesterday 2:30am and this morning I wake up and it still show 2:30am.

You shake it make the human move but the clock still not updates.

The only way to let it updates is unlock it.

Guest FerdiBorbon

Beautiful locking app, the butterfly one looks the best, but kinda gay for my taste...no issues with unlocking and time update all smooth here...the secret 6.1 :)

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest bobobird

Time not updating is an issue with all 6.5 roms. If you look at the time while unlocking the normal lockscreen you will see that the time is not current but quickly updates. So problem is not with the app.

As for alarms - they work fine.

Only issue I have with this thing is that it does not seen aware of open foreground applications (eg gps) and will still dim and lock at the specified interval), pretty annoying after a while especially since the touch to unlock can take up to 5 seconds to activate.

Graphics are nice but the bird or butterfly's head should position toward the direction of flight. eg if moving downwards the head should turn to that direction, and not use the butt to reach the down position haha.

Edited by bobobird

Guest silencer22
You try let it auto lock itself then you will notice the clock is not updating at all.

I let it auto lock yesterday 2:30am and this morning I wake up and it still show 2:30am.

You shake it make the human move but the clock still not updates.

The only way to let it updates is unlock it.

ohh.. i forgot to get.. it will only update the clock if the lockscreen stays on..haha... so not an accurate clock for the first moment..

so if u left the set in sleep mode over nite, the time remains stuck the moment u wake up the fone...

Guest bobobird
Need help here.. I try to remove this software but I can't do it. Just don't why it prevent me from remove it.

Turn every ON option to OFF, soft reset.

Guest swiftgs

At first a lot of problems, now nothing

-the clock works fine here, I can't reproduce the bugs you're all talking about...

clock updates fine here, not recognizing any problems

Touchplayer controls are back, if you dont see them, press the middle button and they will pop up. It even got album art

Just noticed, caller functions are not so nice, I have to answer with the hardwarekeys, but still working fine.

Guest modacian

are you guys talking about the SSkin locking application?

1. I don't have the media player even if I try to press the cube (middle button?)

2. sometimes it lags when unlocking, showing the today screen first for a second or two then locks it back

3. alarm kicks in for a second then mutes, however the alarm notification still shows on top but mutes for a reason...

I am on J6... someone has it without bugs tell us... this is a great locking application...

Guest Encarnation

Of course not. You soft reset by holding the END button until the phone turns off. Then turn it on again. (Do not remove the battery, as this method does not save configurations.) a HARD Reset will erase your data, tho. That's why it's called "HARD" xD

Guest bobobird

It has only 1 serious bug - that it is not aware of a foreground running application and will activate regardless. I dont want it to activate if say a gps app is running but it will. If the dim/lock option is turned off then it gets worse as we end up with both the winmo and sskin screens. Still needs work imho.

Guest lastethica

im using secany IJ6,

the clock updated smoothly (had test it with other clock)

still no touch player shortcut,

the answering menu is not WM6.5 default, its the minimize menu of original touchwiz,

the transition from "off" device to lock screen is a bit slow as original touchwiz (displaying your homescreen first not directly to SSkin)

and i still not know what the text means :

"After installation, when you long press and hold key lock screen in WIndows Mobile 6.5 works, please use the hold key short press."

and how to change the hummingbird them to black as bobobird screenshots? do they turn black automatically at evening?

Edited by lastethica

Guest bobobird
and how to change the hummingbird them to black as bobobird screenshots? do they turn black automatically at evening?

Yes, auto changes depending on day or night. But you can change it by pressing the middle button also.

Guest lastethica
Yes, auto changes depending on day or night. But you can change it by pressing the middle button also.

:D thanks, btw, i run test for the clock after i installed the sskin without soft reset, but after i went soft reset, the clock is messed up.

this program is really good if the clock is updating, and its too long to open, 2-3 secs?

i think i will uninstall the program and back to wm6.5 default. and i have seen a thread which enabling us to modify wm6.5 lock screen :P