Omnia TV out sample video

The TV out from the omnia 2 is so much better than the i900, its in real DVD quality, but that’s where the good news ends, where the i900 plays what’s on screen, the omnia 2 doesn’t, for example when you’re playing a video it makes no difference if its in portrait or landscape, as through the TV the video will always play in landscape, the problem is only touch player and WM player are supported, landscape with coreplayer is not possible which is a shame as coreplayer plays almost anything whereas the other 2 player are very fussy what they play.

The quality isn’t that good on youtube but in real its proper DVD quality.

Here’s a video I‘ve uploaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42LH5DBSDqU

Got it from ebay, but quite expensive £1.99 lol, was meant for nokia N97 but they are all the same, the quality looks good too, its just a 3.5mm plug to RCA but the plug has 4 sections not 3 like earphones.

Guest necosino

I imagine it will work just like the i9x0 tv-out, showing whatever is on the screen of the Omnia on the TV..

I just ordered one too for $5 US incl. shipping :) Hopefully it works..

Guest lastnikita
Yes it shows everything, and the menus are very sharp unlike the i900.

where the i900 plays what’s on screen, the omnia 2 doesn’t

:)

so it shows everything or not ?

on your video it looks like it only shows contents, and not the menus & apps...

if not, why won't coreplayer works ?

I've seen a video of morphgear running strangely, like 16:10 reformated.. :-/

What I mean when I said it doesn’t play what’s onscreen is the video, when displaying on the TV its always in landscape even if the video is in portrait on the phone, coreplayer hasn’t got support for omnia 2 TV out, when playing video maybe it uses hardware so thats why touch player and WM player work and coreplayer wont, as for everything else it will be displayed on the TV.