• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

pipi52

pipi52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:TG01

It is a way to correct this problem i send some maill to toshiba and one day came back a maill that tells me to download the uk rom and install it.I install that rom without the sddl+ just use that sddl that came with the uk rom and surprise now it's working without noise durring calls.

I'm on my third handset, like zone (above) I am left with no choice but the tg01, as I want a windows mobile phone - simply because I've had one for 3 years+ and have spent quite a bit on software.

The last tg01 from orange (delivered on 31st Dec 2009) seems to have an upgraded firmware - and the voice is a lot better. So far it has not crashed or freezed on me either...so I have to say patience was worthwhile. The TG01 is a great phone and if the voice continues to work correctly - a perfect device (for me).

for info:

I have software version: 5005.0001.67 SP-00

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak TG01 HD2 CBR600RR7
  • Twitter:@adzman808

Use SSDL and explanation in this post : http://www.modaco.co...n-any-language/

thanks a lot....

boy is a little bit of knowledge a danagerous thing.. ;-)

i think i'll leave doign this for now as i'm not 100& convinced i'll gain anything by it...

my phone is only 8 days old & still in warranty !!!

Cheers

===============================================================================

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

such a noob, i'm greener than the android icon!!

orly_mihai

orly_mihai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia i900

thanks a lot....

boy is a little bit of knowledge a danagerous thing.. ;-)

i think i'll leave doign this for now as i'm not 100& convinced i'll gain anything by it...

my phone is only 8 days old & still in warranty !!!

Cheers

Use only the uk rom download from toshiba site.I'm from Romania me and another 4 guys try this thing and it's working without noises.We all have faul tg01 with weird noises and now it's working.But don't make hard reset after upgrading because the noise will came back you must reinstal it again after hard reset.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

'orly_mihai'
Use only the uk rom download from toshiba site.I'm from Romania me and another 4 guys try this thing and it's working without noises.We all have faul tg01 with weird noises and now it's working.But don't make hard reset after upgrading because the noise will came back you must reinstal it again after hard reset.

cheers.

but i think i'll hold for a while.... not sure i have a problem (bet i do now i've said that :))

as i say my TG is only 8* days old.... i'n still trying to get my (limited) head around all this...

orange signal is super pants at my house... the TG gets more signal than either of it's symbian predessors that i've owned...

when i speak to my mate on his o2 mobile he whines he can't hear me, i'm breaking up (yet i can hear him fine...**)

but when i talk to someone on a land line from my home location it works fine...

today i spoke with my g/f from my work (where orange signal is good & we have signal boosters) & we had a perfect conversation***

there is someone in the UK offering a de-brand service for TG, which i'll prob go for in the fullness of time****

can't thank you all enough - this forum continues to prove invaluable for 'noobs' such as myself :-)

[forgive my love of asterixs !!]

*my phone came with WM 6.5 - 5005.0001.67 direct from orange, so it's probably the same as the download from toshiba for orange uk......

**i realise this is a well known symptom of the TG call quality issue, but i'm waiting to see if it's connected to my poor signal area before voiding my orange & toshiba warranty !!

***she was being a bit vocal, so i could've done with a poorer signal quality B) ;)

****at the end of the day, the TG01 is either shjt or great, if it's got a shjt chipset then i'll bjtch to orange & get it sorted. If it's a great phone hampered by rubbish installs that orange have lumbered it with, then it can get debranded !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

viper888899

viper888899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Just bought my handset from Orange and experienced some call related problems.

I called Toshiba regarding the "banging noise" and distortion of voice during the call. The first called I made the guy said "I haven't of these issues" :) Not happy with the answer, basically he said call Orange and get another device, so I rang Toshiba again later that day.

This time the person I spoke with seemed to know his stuff. He told me they know about these issues and have actually got a fix for it! They have submitted the fix to Orange and awaiting their approval. I was told the update will be released very soon, but no definite date at the moment. Far as I know its just a update and not a new ROM.

I'll hang onto the device for a few more weeks!!

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
are the call quality issues the same on all TG01 varients or just the UK orange ones?

is it Toshiba's fault or oranges!!!?

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

Medved77

Medved77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

are the call quality issues the same on all TG01 varients or just the UK orange ones?

is it Toshiba's fault or oranges!!!?

Using Google translate I've been following the French and German TG01 forums, both have topics relating to the same issue that us UK Orange users are facing so I'm positive that it's an issue with the Toshiba radio and not the Orange network or software. I'm also using a different carrier (Jersey Telecom) and still have these issues.

It's previously been reported that the call quality differs between 2g/3g and HSDPA covered areas, I'm moving from a 3G to HSDPA area end of next week so will be able to confirm if any improvement.

Great news that there is a fix on the horizon (as long as the toshiba rep wasn't just bullshitting to get you off the phone), this will make it an excellent handset in my opinion as the only fault I have with the phone is the call quality.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Using Google translate I've been following the French and German TG01 forums, both have topics relating to the same issue that us UK Orange users are facing so I'm positive that it's an issue with the Toshiba radio and not the Orange network or software. I'm also using a different carrier (Jersey Telecom) and still have these issues.

It's previously been reported that the call quality differs between 2g/3g and HSDPA covered areas, I'm moving from a 3G to HSDPA area end of next week so will be able to confirm if any improvement.

Great news that there is a fix on the horizon (as long as the toshiba rep wasn't just bullshitting to get you off the phone), this will make it an excellent handset in my opinion as the only fault I have with the phone is the call quality.

cheers, sounds like if a fix is released then it'll be compatible accross all providers & countries, so it might crop up on the internet before orange release it :)

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

pipi52

pipi52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Just bought my handset from Orange and experienced some call related problems.

I called Toshiba regarding the "banging noise" and distortion of voice during the call. The first called I made the guy said "I haven't of these issues" :) Not happy with the answer, basically he said call Orange and get another device, so I rang Toshiba again later that day.

This time the person I spoke with seemed to know his stuff. He told me they know about these issues and have actually got a fix for it! They have submitted the fix to Orange and awaiting their approval. I was told the update will be released very soon, but no definite date at the moment. Far as I know its just a update and not a new ROM.

I'll hang onto the device for a few more weeks!!

Hi viper,

can you confirm which firmware version you have.

viper888899

viper888899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi viper,

can you confirm which firmware version you have.

Software version I have 5005.0001.67 SP-00.

With regards to the "Banging noise" after i unlocked the phone I used a T-Mobile and an O2 sim, i don't have the issue anymore. The voice quality is still poor though!

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
@viper

did you try the orange sim back in after it had been unlocked?

Cheers

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

viper888899

viper888899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

@viper
did you try the orange sim back in after it had been unlocked?

Cheers

Yep, still experienced the banging/popping noise with the Orange Sim.

adzman808

adzman808

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Yep, still experienced the banging/popping noise with the Orange Sim.

Hmmmmmmmmm i just did a little google & aparently...

"O2 and Vodafone, use 900/1800 and Orange and T-Mobile use just 1800"

i wonder is this problem is to do with the higher range of GSM band....

that might explain why your experience with the problem is only with orange...

i also wonder what band the providers use in regards to the reported problems in France/Germany.... (Germany & France have generic 900/1800)

i wonder if someone with an unlocked phone has access to a SIM from TMUK/O2/Orge/Voda & fancies testing my* theory

japan does not use a GSM network as such, which might explain how the TG01 made it into production & why people are saying the hsdpa reception is fine....

could this whole call quality thing be explained by band utilisation?

Cheers

*i'm sure someone else will have thought of this, buy hey "my" theory it is :)

Edited by adzman808, 11 January 2010 - 02:18 PM.

Cheers

- Toshiba TG01
- HTC HD2
- Dell Streak
- CBR600RR7

excalibur1814

excalibur1814

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Touch HD
Nope.

I'm on o2 in the UK.... banging noises :)

brogdan

brogdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i'm on Cosmote Romania, and i 2 have banging noises!
the device is bought from Orange and was unlocked.
can't anybody solve this annoing problem?
cheers,

BaconTrousers

BaconTrousers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I recently bought this phone on Orange and had it unlocked but Ive had no issues with banging while calling (02 Network) Infact the calls are just as clear as my old trusty N95 so maybe its down to a weak network in your area?

brogdan

brogdan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hello
i usually have a 1800 network(Cosmote RO) sim in my tg01 and i have banging noises during calls.
today i tested a 900network(Vodafone RO) sim and everything is great! no more banging noises! very good quality during cals.

is it possible for the TG01 to have problems with the 1800networks?

how about u, all other users that have bad quality during cals? what networks do you use?

hope we can get this sorted!

viper888899

viper888899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
After my telephone call to Toshiba a few weeks ago, I emailed them yesterday and received a reply today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything until this approval is been given.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this is good news!!!!!!! :)

Ács Lajos

Ács Lajos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

After my telephone call to Toshiba a few weeks ago, I emailed them yesterday and received a reply today

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting Toshiba Mobile Communications.

Toshiba currently negotiating with the network operators in order to release new software to resolve the audio issue. Unfortunately, we cannot do anything until this approval is been given.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this is good news!!!!!!! :)

Hi!

I'm from Hungary.

First of all sorry for my english.

I use an unlocked tg01(it was orange)and I have similar problems with the phone. Windows phone 6.5. I think its not depending of the operation system and the applications or programs. I have installed the WOW application but the noises and the problems are still. My phone partner hearing banging and dont understand what i say. The speaker (at the user's ear) usually distortion.But sometimes everything is perfect. It's making me crazy.

If U have idea how to fix the phone, let me know , pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeee!

Regards 

Pitagorasz

Pitagorasz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:TG01 Toshiba

Hi!

I'm from Hungary.

First of all sorry for my english.

I use an unlocked tg01(it was orange)and I have similar problems with the phone. Windows phone 6.5. I think its not depending of the operation system and the applications or programs. I have installed the WOW application but the noises and the problems are still. My phone partner hearing banging and dont understand what i say. The speaker (at the user's ear) usually distortion.But sometimes everything is perfect. It's making me crazy.

If U have idea how to fix the phone, let me know , pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeee!

Regards

Hello Lajos!

I think you should uninstall ( kapd le mert Inkompatibilis)the SRS WoW Hd. In my cause that was the problem, and after that I made a fresh Install of WM 6.5. Now I don't have that crappy noise. But I have weak volum on speaker, but it's better than on WM 6.1. I'm on Orange Romania.
Sorry for my English (It's foreign language)

Edited by Pitagorasz, 20 January 2010 - 05:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users