I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung i7500!
This ROM is based on the Samsung XXII5 release, the latest at the time of writing, together with my own optimisations for the best possible performance! I have tried to keep the ROM as 'stock' feeling as possible.
My key motivation for creating this ROM was firstly to enable root but secondly to provide a custom kernel with swap support, due to the limited RAM on the Galaxy.
- Rooted with 'adb remount' permission and superuser APK
- Custom kernel based on Samsung source with swap enabled (install 'swapper' from the market, I recommend a SD swap partition), netfilter enabled (working on wifi tether fix), cramfs + squashfs and much much more
- Latest build of busybox included with relevant links, also other utils such as sqlite and parted in ROM.
- Added terminfo and settings to boot.img
- Added JBed Java
- Removed files wasting space in system directory
Download link: http://content.modac...mrom-signed.zip
If you prefer a version with the stock kernel, that is available also:
Download link: http://content.modac...stockkernel.zip
ENSURE YOU DO A NANDROID BACKUP SO YOU CAN 'ROLL BACK' IF REQUIRED!
This ROM does not include the II5 radio, as the radio cannot be flashed by update.zips. Apply II5 via Odin to get the latest radio.
The ROM is in an update.zip format for installation via the custom recovery image.
For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' i7500:
- Download the patched recovery image linked above and install as detailed in that post
- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to the '/sdcard' directory on the phone (actually the internal 8GB)
- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by pressing and holding 'Volume Down', then 'Green' then 'Red'
- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup
- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.
- all done
Feedback / feature requests welcome!
Finally, if you like the MoDaCo Custom ROMs, consider supporting MoDaCo by visiting the subscriptions page and upgrading your account.