Guide to Flashing using 32bit Vista/Windows 7 only

Guest KSTAN

Below is the guide on how to setup 32bit Vista / Win7 for flashing. Do not ask me re 64bit as I couldn't find any 64bit driver for v5 (Samsung MITS USB Sync). Do provide if you have so we can test it.

Thanks to VyRuz nd jazzz0904 for posting the results.

Note: Use Octan Downloader v1.91

1. At WMDC, click on Mobile Device Setting, and set connection settings as below:

post-538416-1255094250_thumb.png

2. Go to ur phone, under settings (default windows mobile settings, not Samsung Main Menu Settings), go to connections, usb to pc and uncheck "Enable advanced network functionality".

3. Connect ur phone to ur PC or laptop and it will start to install the Samsung MITs USB Sync driver.

post-538416-1255094256_thumb.png

post-538416-1255094261_thumb.png

4. Go to Device Manager, under Mobile Device,

post-538416-1255094266_thumb.png

5. Double click on it, and choose Driver Tab, u shld see the driver version is 6.1

post-538416-1255094271_thumb.png

6. Click on update driver, then choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

post-538416-1255094275_thumb.png

7. Choose "Let me Pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Click "Have Disk", and browse to the path of the driver. And it shld be installed.

Important Note: Right click on "Octans Downloader v1.91.exe", click on properties, and select Compatibilty tab and set as below

post-538416-1255094939_thumb.png

Important Note also; After connecting ur phone via usb cable, verify the "Samsung MITs USB Sync" driver version again to make sure it is version 5, else gotta reinstall it.

Attached files:

1. Samsung CDMA driver - Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34.zip

2. Samsung MITs USB Sync driver (version 5) - Vista_v5.rar

Edited by KSTAN

Guest dinfung
Those who wish and have try it out, help to post ur results... thx :)

Hum, it might also work on Vista. But 1st have to find a way to install the Samsung MITs USB Sync driver.

Guest zzzzzz54321
Hi Guys,

At ur own risk.

As usual, need to install all the samsung drivers and make sure "Samsung MITs USB Sync" is version 5.

Right click on Octans Downloader, and select Windows XP (service pack 3) as in the pic.

Those who wish and have try it out, help to post ur results... thx :)

"As usual, need to install all the samsung drivers and make sure "Samsung MITs USB Sync" is version 5." like what ?

any drivers tat work in win7 x64 ?

"As usual, need to install all the samsung drivers and make sure "Samsung MITs USB Sync" is version 5." like what ?

any drivers tat work in win7 x64 ?

Refer to 1st post for drivers.

Edited by KSTAN

Are u using 32 bit or 64bit OS? Cos the driver should be for 32bit OS only. I tried aso to update my driver, it tells me that it is not a 64bit driver hence I cannot proceed to update to version 5. After some googling, was still unable to find any 64 bit drivers.

Refer to 1st post for guide.

Sorry, was unable to verify after step 7 as I using 64bit Windows 7. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by KSTAN

Guest katerini

I have update to 6.5 without these steps! Everything is ok! I have vista 32k German.

The only drivers i have installed are the Samsung_CDMA_modem_4_1_.34

Everything else i have done like the update from XP.

And i have first open the octans, then choose all the rom staff, deteckt, turned off and the device was recognised!

Guest tropolite

All

It may also be a good idea to select another option in the Compatibility window...

Select the Run this progam in compatibility mode for:

Windows XP (Service Pack 2 (or 3))

AND

... the last checkbox under the Privilege Level option

Select "Run this program as an Administrator"

That should assist with running on Win7

:)

Guest jazzz0904

Thank you so much for this forum useful TIPS & all the guides and drivers.

Can successfully flash ROM in Win 7 followimg the steps, sorry for the previous comment............

Edited by jazzz0904

All

It may also be a good idea to select another option in the Compatibility window...

AND

That should assist with running on Win7

:)

Thanks for including this as i have forgotten to include it.

Guest tropolite
Thanks for including this as i have forgotten to include it.

Happy to contribute, after all that's what we're here for... share the knowledge :)

Cheers

Guest jazzz0904
Hi there, can you share Octans Downloader 1.91 ? It's hard to find it :)

Thanks

Sorry for my previous statement. It actually works on both Ocans versions.

Only thing is that you need to connect the usb cable many times as there seems to be a problem

which can be notice under mobile devices in Windows Device Manager for the Samsung MITs USB Sync.

Guest Brooksey

I cannot seem to Flash to a ROM :)

Followed all instructions, but all that OCTANS says is

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2637b603&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Nothing on my Omnia screen except a battery charge icon

Guest jazzz0904
I cannot seem to Flash to a ROM :)

Followed all instructions, but all that OCTANS says is

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&2637b603&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

Nothing on my Omnia screen except a battery charge icon

That's the problem, you got to re-connect many times till you are able to "Start downloading".

Did you miss:

AND

I had done that many times.

Edited by jazzz0904

Guest jazzz0904
Fixed the Mobile center, but get thsi in the log for downloading

[Error:0] USB no ack. Check ActiveSync. TimeOut:-1

Got to follow every step here. You also got to install Samsung CDMA driver & make sure Samsung MITs USB Sync driver is version 5.

Guest Brooksey
Got to follow every step here. You also got to install Samsung CDMA driver & make sure Samsung MITs USB Sync driver is version 5.

Ok Done,

had two pull the USB cable once to get Download

Edited by Brooksey

Guest bobobird

One part of the instructions may be a bit confusing.

The phone would connect to Windows Mobile Device Center when the usb cable is attached.

This is what you will see in device manager -

post-423930-1255191294_thumb.png

The trick to updating (actually downgrading from 6.xxx to 5.xxx) to the MITS Sync driver is to turn off the phone but keep it connected.

A battery charging picture will appear on the phone when you turn it off and device manager will look like this -

post-423930-1255191398_thumb.png

Notice that in the first pic that the O2 is shown under portable devices and in the second it shows up in Mobile Devices.

After updating with the Vista drivers in the opening post, you should see this and flashing will work 100%.

post-423930-1255191544_thumb.png

Hope this helps.

Edited by bobobird

One part of the instructions may be a bit confusing.

The phone would connect to Windows Mobile Device Center when the usb cable is attached.

This is what you will see in device manager -

post-423930-1255191294_thumb.png

The trick to updating (actually downgrading from 6.xxx to 5.xxx) to the MITS Sync driver is to turn off the phone but keep it connected.

A battery charging picture will appear on the phone when you turn it off and device manager will look like this -

post-423930-1255191398_thumb.png

Notice that in the first pic that the O2 is shown under portable devices and in the second it shows up in Mobile Devices.

After updating with the Vista drivers in the opening post, you should see this and flashing will work 100%.

post-423930-1255191544_thumb.png

Hope this helps.

Strongly agreed with bobobird. you cant downgrade MITS Sync driver while your phone is on. turn off your phone, then connect it to computer (Vista). after that you can downgrade your driver to 5. Happy flashing... :)