73 replies to this topic

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

I have the same problem. I set it to 10 seconds and if I try to turn it off before that by tapping the icon again, I get an error message and need to reboot if I want to use it again. My solution is to just let it time out and if I need it for more than 10 seconds I'll just start it again.

The only phone I could test it on is OMNIA2 i8000 and it works fine for me.
Maybe you could write more details about you error so I can try to set it up the same on my phone and see if I get the same problem:

What error message do you get?
Did you change the value of timeout in the registry?
If so, what value did you set it to?

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

Snow02

Snow02

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • Devices:Omnia SCH-i920
Set the registry value to 30000 (30 seconds). Press to turn on and let it time out and everything is fine. But if i press it again to turn it off it kicks back a devices.exe error, the process stays running (viewed in task manager), and the program cannot be restart until the phone is rebooted. It is a consistent error.

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

Set the registry value to 30000 (30 seconds). Press to turn on and let it time out and everything is fine. But if i press it again to turn it off it kicks back a devices.exe error, the process stays running (viewed in task manager), and the program cannot be restart until the phone is rebooted. It is a consistent error.

Well I tried what you wrote, setting time out to 30sec and switching it on and off with a button and a shorcut at least 20 times and no problems at all. My phone is i8000. So it must be something specific to you phone, if you have a different one. I doubt that it would fix it but you can try to install the Samsung cab. I only used one file from it but Samsung suggest to install it (it has some other dll which I am not using in this application. There are two cabs attached one is for WM pro the other for standard. Chose the one that corresponds to your phone, I assume it will be pro. Let me know how you go and what phone you have. 

Attached Files

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Extract the attached folder to my storage or storage card.
Move the shortcut in the folder to device\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
go to start-settings-personal settings-buttons
map one of the button to flash light

Thanks for your sharing MaliciousKen! It work perfectly months ago on my Singapore Omnia-2.
Because I like very much, I'd helped to repack it as a CAB installation file. Hope it does help some newbie. ;)

Attached File  Omnia_2_Flash_Light.cab   163.57KB   255 downloads

sent from my Samsung Galaxy TAB

gcmarotto

gcmarotto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2

Thanks for your sharing MaliciousKen! It work perfectly months ago on my Singapore Omnia-2.
Because I like very much, I'd helped to repack it as a CAB installation file. Hope it does help some newbie. ;)

Attached File  Omnia_2_Flash_Light.cab   163.57KB   255 downloads

I installed this using the CAB. But it's not working. Do I have to do the other things in this thread if I install using the CAB?

NewForce

NewForce

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

I installed this using the CAB. But it's not working. Do I have to do the other things in this thread if I install using the CAB?

This CAB was intended for Samsung i8000. What phone are you using?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy TAB

bgoo

bgoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Omnia 2
I am having the same problem as Snow02 and the others in using the latest torch cab by wes58. If I turn off the light without letting it timeout the torch app will not work again until I do a soft reset. At the same time the camera app will also not work and will give the message "camera module not found." After the soft reset the camera as well as the torch app will again work. The problem occurs whether or not I have modified the registry to allow the light to stay on longer until the timeout. My phone is the Verizon Omnia 2. I have also tried it after loading the Samsung SDK pro cab provided by wes58, but still get the same error so that cab had no effect. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Omnia65

Omnia65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Omnia

Unfortunately it is using Samsung API, so until they provide support for B7610, I don't think it can be done. I made it for my Omnia 2 and because I was happy with the result I wanted to share it.

I have the verizon omniaII and i cant get the flashlight to work .I followed all the instructions and tried my device and my storage .Any suggestions ?

surgex

surgex

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia2 (Verizon)

I have the same problem. I set it to 10 seconds and if I try to turn it off before that by tapping the icon again, I get an error message and need to reboot if I want to use it again. My solution is to just let it time out and if I need it for more than 10 seconds I'll just start it again.

Same, crashes if open it "twice" -- we really need a program that has a GUI with an option for no timeout, just simple on \ off.
This is still great though, i'm glad it works as long as you don't open it while it's already running.

Edited by surgex, 20 December 2009 - 05:42 PM.

costipl

costipl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia2 i8000
Well, SSBubbleLevel has a touch button to turn the flashlight on. I've been using it as a placeholder until a better solution appears and it works fine.

Actually, for me the best thing would be a toggle - press the selected hardware key = launch app (flashlight on); press it again = close app (flashlight off). No GUI, no timeout.

Flooder

Flooder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
This is a simple fix. Create a shortcut to the test program LCDTest.exe (this is also where the compass is). One of the buttons on that page is "megacam". When pressed the camera's flash light comes on and stays on until you press the end call key. Then press end again to exit the LCD Test page.

No app, no editing, just a perfect flash light! I LOVE THIS PHONE!! ;)

Delvius

Delvius

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2 (I8000)
Yo,
Today I could finally start writing programs for Windows Mobile. The first program I wanted to write was something to control the flashlight and so I did. At the moment it is pretty much just toying around but I thought someone might have some use of it so I should publish it.

Still not perfect... working on it ;) .

Specially written for the I8000, but should run on every device with SMI SDK 2.0+ and WVGA. It needs the SDK 2.0+ and Compact Framework 3.5 to work.

Tested and working on my I8000 (German, Unbranded official J9) with SDK 2.0 and Compact Framework 3.5.

Attached Files

Edited by Delvius, 21 December 2009 - 03:19 PM.

bgoo

bgoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Verizon Omnia 2

This is a simple fix. Create a shortcut to the test program LCDTest.exe (this is also where the compass is). One of the buttons on that page is "megacam". When pressed the camera's flash light comes on and stays on until you press the end call key. Then press end again to exit the LCD Test page.

No app, no editing, just a perfect flash light! I LOVE THIS PHONE!! ;)

Flooder, what a great idea. I had unsuccessfully tried several programs and fixes that have worked on other phones, even the Omnia 2 i8000, but would not work on the i920. Your method is so simple even for a computer illiterate like myself. All I had to do was google how to create a shortcut. Thank you.

Flooder

Flooder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Flooder, what a great idea. I had unsuccessfully tried several programs and fixes that have worked on other phones, even the Omnia 2 i8000, but would not work on the i920. Your method is so simple even for a computer illiterate like myself. All I had to do was google how to create a shortcut. Thank you.

I'm just glad I started pushing buttons in my usual, "Gee I wonder what this does" mode ;)

Enjoy!

07aspenx

07aspenx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I920

I'm just glad I started pushing buttons in my usual, "Gee I wonder what this does" mode :)

Enjoy!

Nice fine Flooder! Not only do I have the flash lite, but I also have the compass to play around with.

rleo6965

rleo6965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

If you intend to put in My Storage, you need to change the text in shortcut to:

55#"\My Storage\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

and obviously for Storage Card:

55#"\Storage Card\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Flash_light works intermittently in my Omnia2. I have to ran it from \flash_light folder. Now I have 3 copies of "shortcut of Flah_light.exe" in my START Menu. How do I removed it? Thanks in advance.

Dblocker

Dblocker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Flash_light works intermittently in my Omnia2. I have to ran it from \flash_light folder. Now I have 3 copies of "shortcut of Flah_light.exe" in my START Menu. How do I removed it? Thanks in advance.

Just use the excellent O2Compass app; it includes the Flashlight function along with a nice digital compass. Works great on my O2.

rleo6965

rleo6965

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II
@wes58

Since I wanted to have a Flash light to work the same way as in Omnia I900 I have decided to write a little application that does it. It can be installed to any location you choose.

- You can assign it to any available button (through WM settings).

- When you press the button (or click on the shortcut) the flash will switch on.

- After a preset time (default is set to 4 sec) or after a second press of the button the flash will turn off.

The timeout can be set manually in the registry by changing the value of the key "Timeout" in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Torch. The setting is in ms so, 4000 equals to 4 sec. time out. If someone wants to try it, feel free.

Thanks wes58. It works on my Omnia2. Set timeout to 10 sec and assign "button1 hold" to enable it. I'll include it as one of my "important utility. :)

Edited by rleo6965, 13 January 2010 - 01:44 AM.

Khisha

Khisha

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000
Attached File  TorchPlus_lamp.cab   788.94KB   175 downloads

Here is some nice version of torch.
Credit to master Sorg for core application and alex.shastov from 4pda.ru for graphics.

Edited by Khisha, 13 January 2010 - 07:09 AM.

Chrono1684

Chrono1684

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

For those of you getting an error message, you'll need to use notepad or a text editor to edit the shortcut file to point to the right path.

If you intend to put in My Storage, you need to change the text in shortcut to:

55#"\My Storage\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

and obviously for Storage Card:

55#"\Storage Card\Flash Light\Flash_Light.exe"

You could also put in the main device, wherever you like, just make sure the shortcut points to the right path.

Ed

Can you explain what you mean by using notepad to edit the shortcut file to point it to the right path. I don't know what that means. I know it is to save the shortcut in the right file, but I don't understand how to get the shortcut there using notepad. Can someone explain that for me? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users