Samsung Omnia 2 step by step Disassembly

Guest cpinilla1986

I cant Find a tutorial on how to replace the faceplate, not the screen just the housing, do I have to go through the whole dissassembling process? thank you.

Guest iTz Dukez xXi

omg taking that omnia apart seems like a big hassle! but im tempted to clean out the dust on the screen which is pissing me off!!!! :P

Edited by iTz Dukez xXi

Guest cpinilla1986

i'm not sure if stn's reply was for me, but that manual doesnt say if it is possible to remove the faceplate without dissmantling the whole phone

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jammerlee711
Okay! but are they not specific tools for the phone or could u use and screwdriver and the plastic? i really wish someone knows how to open the phone and replace the LCD. thanks!

hey guys can any 1 tell me what type of amp the i8000 is using?? is it max9877?? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mecgyver

Hi all,

Thank you very much for this usefull photo guide.

I succesfully disassembled my i8000 to replace a broken LCD and, most important, reassembled everything back!

The problem is that I now have a really poor quality of the image. colours are faded and several and an horizontal pattern light-dark makes me unhappy.

New display is original Samsung, and was produced the same day of the original one (!)

Do anyone know if there is a specific tool to fix what seems a calibration problem?

I tried lcdtest.exe found under windows but there are no option to modify settings.

Thanks in advance for any help will come!

• 3 months later...
i'm not sure if stn's reply was for me, but that manual doesnt say if it is possible to remove the faceplate without dissmantling the whole phone

I'd also like to know if there is an easier way to remove the faceplate / cover for dust removal. My screen is fine e I'd hate to not be able to re-assemble this puppy :D .

Guest Pawel81

No, You must disassembly the entire phone. Few minutes ago I ended cleaning screen. I put soft glue in the slit so no more dust, no more disassembling.

• 5 weeks later...

Awwww... i happily disassembled my omnia II till the screen part..and when i take it up.... i found out my screen cracked.... i did this for all the sake of the dust...

• 5 months later...
Guest starnumberone
post-538416-1255099399_thumb.jpg

post-538416-1255099413_thumb.jpg

800Mhz CPU

post-538416-1255099427_thumb.jpg

post-538416-1255099440_thumb.jpg

Final working assembly

post-538416-1255099449_thumb.jpg

Excellent step by step manual . Cleaned the dust from behind my screen.

recommend using a small sponge ( I used one that my girl applyes a make up with )

THANKS

• 3 months later...
Guest Thoddorkra

Hello guys, i am new to this site, found out about it through Google when i searched for Samsung Omnia 2 disassembly. Had to register to see the images.

This post is really great, because i desperately want to disassemble mine in order to get rid of the dust under my screen. Getting quite annoying recently, since it is gathered in the bottom corners refracting the light and making the images blurry.

English subtitles would be nice indeed, but the images tell a lot already. Thanks for the post!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just managed to clean the dust under my display with this tutorial, thanks! It is a little bit more complicated than it looks, there is some sticky tape under the main board and it gives you an impression like it's just about to crash. Tricky part is the cleaning itself too, to remove all the dust and not to leave some small hairs or leftovers of the cloth.

Anyway, following the pictures from the first post seems to be a better idea than using "disassembly/assembly" part of service manual. I was trying to use it before but I just got stuck at some step and wasn't able to continue.