WM6.5.1 Omnia Builds w/ All Software?

Guest omniaguy2k9

Guest necosino
Hey NecoSino,

This build works great so far. The only issues I've noticed are with the Phone settings, meaning if you try to change something like the GPS, the "OK button stops working. I doubt that's your fault tho, prolly an issue with the build. One more issue that I don't know if you can fix, I get several warnings the first time I try to run Visual Voicemail. After I click through them they don't come back.

The VZAppZone won't run on the phone, so it might be worth your time to take it out and put it into a CAB, soi it can be installed someday when it does work again. Also, I haven't been able to find the cabs for Office, so if taking out Opera and ShoZu gives you enough room, I'd personally be willing to swap those out.

Also, you might want to take out the GPS Redirect under HKLM/ControlPanel/GPS Settings, so that the External GPS settings icon is available by default.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did I not lose any data, but many of my programs and settings stayed intact. Not ActiveSync or anything like that, but stuff I had installed to /My Storage showed up on the Programs menu.

This is really great, and I'm looking forward to seeing future revisions. Thank you very much for your efforts!

External GPS is useless on the i910, unless you're actually using an external bluetooth receiver. I'd rather leave it hidden than confuse people..

Guest omniaguy2k9
External GPS is useless on the i910, unless you're actually using an external bluetooth receiver. I'd rather leave it hidden than confuse people..

I think that's a matter of opinion. It works fine with Google Maps and Bing Mobile.

Guest arizonaomnia
Hey NecoSino,

This build works great so far. The only issues I've noticed are with the Phone settings, meaning if you try to change something like the GPS, the "OK button stops working. I doubt that's your fault tho, prolly an issue with the build.

This is a known issue that occurs with every 6.5 build.

Flashed it the other night and I love it. Looking real good. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Only problem is I ran over my phone last night! Arrrggg...waiting for Asurion to send another. Keep up the great work...

on a smaller note...you could probably lose all the verizon stuff...I am really impressed with this rom...

Guest Magus Steve
Flashed it the other night and I love it. Looking real good. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Only problem is I ran over my phone last night! Arrrggg...waiting for Asurion to send another. Keep up the great work...

on a smaller note...you could probably lose all the verizon stuff...I am really impressed with this rom...

Seeing as this thread was started to get a WM6.5 build with all the "verizon stuff" included, i would think this would be a bad one to check if you're looking for a lite rom.

Guest necosino

Seeing as this thread was started to get a WM6.5 build with all the "verizon stuff" included, i would think this would be a bad one to check if you're looking for a lite rom.

I think he meant like VZ AppZone, VZNav, etc, not the samsung apps.

I think he meant like VZ AppZone, VZNav, etc, not the samsung apps.

Exactly. I see you've put it up in a new thread. I have to wait til tomorrow to flash it. Thanks again.