WM6.5.1 Omnia Builds w/ All Software?

Guest omniaguy2k9

Guest omniaguy2k9

Hey everyone,

I know I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I actually like most of the software that comes on the i910. Is there a cooked ROM for WM6.5.1 out there that includes everything in the stock ROM? Or is that something I have to put together myself?

Thanks!

Edited by omniaguy2k9

Guest necosino

Now that I think about it, I should be able to do this for you pretty quickly and easily.. I'll see what I can do for ya, but it probably won't be until tomorrow night or Saturday :D

You want it basically as it came from verizon, but on 6.5.1, right?

Edited by necosino

Now that I think about it, I should be able to do this for you pretty quickly and easily.. I'll see what I can do for ya, but it probably won't be until tomorrow night or Saturday :D

necosino, yes I believe that's it and since you have the knowledge we'll find the patience.

Thanks!

Guest necosino

Until then, check out my ROM. It still has the Samsung call log and phonebook, with the Omnia Lite dialer. A lot is taken out, but it's closer to vanilla than most, if not all of the others.

Vanilla = as it comes from Verizon

Guest omniaguy2k9

That would be fantastic! The absolute latest version, if you can. If you could take out .NET CF 2 and add .NET CF 3.5, that would be great.

What would be even better would be if someone could write a ROM kitchen that is aware of the settings required for each program, and let you check which apps you want and uncheck which apps you don't. It would require building a database, but once it was done, it would be done. People could contribute to the DB if they found additional settings that were missed.

Then, all you'd have to do is add in the CABs you also wanted, and boom. Instant custom ROM.

Guest rtimi28
That would be fantastic! The absolute latest version, if you can. If you could take out .NET CF 2 and add .NET CF 3.5, that would be great.

What would be even better would be if someone could write a ROM kitchen that is aware of the settings required for each program, and let you check which apps you want and uncheck which apps you don't. It would require building a database, but once it was done, it would be done. People could contribute to the DB if they found additional settings that were missed.

Then, all you'd have to do is add in the CABs you also wanted, and boom. Instant custom ROM.

Yes this would be nice to see what omnia widgets and apps with wm6.5.1 at least we will have that until verizon comes out with Omnia 2 with 6.5

Guest tailgunner05
Yes this would be nice to see what omnia widgets and apps with wm6.5.1 at least we will have that until verizon comes out with Omnia 2 with 6.5

itd be cool to get the omnia LITE widget home screen to work. but it doesnt work in landscape

Guest necosino

I'm going to end up taking something out, the ROM is too big even to flash :P It keeps failing on me.. I'll just take out things that can be put back in with a .cab :D

I'm going to end up taking something out, the ROM is too big even to flash :P It keeps failing on me.. I'll just take out things that can be put back in with a .cab :D

have to check this out when released... let me know

thanks.

Guest necosino

Alright guys, I got a booting version working. The only thing I took out were the testing programs that you'll never, ever, ever use, and Office/OneNote. (You can install them via cab to My Storage without affecting anything)

I had to upload this in 2 files since 4shared only allows 100MB/file (Unless someone wants to donate some $ to me for a membership? O:-) )

You'll need winRar (rarlabs.com/download) to unzip the 2 files into the 1 .bin file.

BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE FLASHING!

I had one flash freeze during flashing. I just unplugged, pulled the battery, restarted UMDL, and flashed again and it worked. Hopefully nobody else encounters this. This can happen since the image is so big..

Part 1

Part 2

Play with it a little bit, and if it goes well, I'll start a new thread for this and I'll even keep it updated with newer builds.

Edited by necosino

Guest omniaguy2k9

Hey NecoSino,

This build works great so far. The only issues I've noticed are with the Phone settings, meaning if you try to change something like the GPS, the "OK button stops working. I doubt that's your fault tho, prolly an issue with the build. One more issue that I don't know if you can fix, I get several warnings the first time I try to run Visual Voicemail. After I click through them they don't come back.

The VZAppZone won't run on the phone, so it might be worth your time to take it out and put it into a CAB, soi it can be installed someday when it does work again. Also, I haven't been able to find the cabs for Office, so if taking out Opera and ShoZu gives you enough room, I'd personally be willing to swap those out.

Also, you might want to take out the GPS Redirect under HKLM/ControlPanel/GPS Settings, so that the External GPS settings icon is available by default.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did I not lose any data, but many of my programs and settings stayed intact. Not ActiveSync or anything like that, but stuff I had installed to /My Storage showed up on the Programs menu.

This is really great, and I'm looking forward to seeing future revisions. Thank you very much for your efforts!

Guest smwoodward

here is a few things i have noticed that are little issues with this rom... some of these have persisted over many other roms i have used.

as previously stated, the ok button does not work in the phone settings screen, example setting the GPS to location on, the ok doesn't work.

when changing the text message conversation mode on or off, the keyboard disappears before you can type in yes for a reset.

the mute button doesn't work on the samsung dialer. This is a problem that has rescently cropped up in the later builds of 6.5

also, i have not been able to get FTouchSL to work with kinetic scrolling. there is still the clickly scrolling even after installing FTouchSL.

Guest necosino

Kinetic scrolling ixora broken in 23081, so that's an issue I can't fix.

In the phone settings you can't close. Just go to the buttons settings and map a button to ok/close.

vzapozone will never work, I'll take it out. Use marketplace instead.

Kinetic scrolling ixora broken in 23081, so that's an issue I can't fix.

In the phone settings you can't close. Just go to the buttons settings and map a button to ok/close.

vzapozone will never work, I'll take it out. Use marketplace instead.

neco, with this rom can you cook-in latest .net (3.5 i think) and take out security check (most annoying) + all the games to make room - lots of games available in cab.

i reflashed to cf03 (vz) coz phone setting dissappeared from 23081 v.3 - that's all that's missing on that rom if you could find time to fix it i'd really appreaciate it!

thanks again

Guest dmcnado

@necosino

I've been using different versions of your roms off 'n' on and like your work. I am wondering what you're doing differently from me, though, because I've been cooking FTouchSL into my roms (latest using 23081 build) and kinetic scrolling is working fine for me. I was checking out your latest and the only differences I see are that I am using the sammy dialer, keyboard & call log, htc photo album and htc taskmaster, windows media player & the sammy fm radio. I strip out pretty much everything else. I am just curious cuz I'm still new at this rom cooking stuff.

Guest necosino
neco, with this rom can you cook-in latest .net (3.5 i think) and take out security check (most annoying) + all the games to make room - lots of games available in cab.

i reflashed to cf03 (vz) coz phone setting dissappeared from 23081 v.3 - that's all that's missing on that rom if you could find time to fix it i'd really appreaciate it!

thanks again

Phone settings are fixed in the correct thread, as you've already seen... :D

Guest necosino
@necosino

I've been using different versions of your roms off 'n' on and like your work. I am wondering what you're doing differently from me, though, because I've been cooking FTouchSL into my roms (latest using 23081 build) and kinetic scrolling is working fine for me. I was checking out your latest and the only differences I see are that I am using the sammy dialer, keyboard & call log, htc photo album and htc taskmaster, windows media player & the sammy fm radio. I strip out pretty much everything else. I am just curious cuz I'm still new at this rom cooking stuff.

I haven't played around with my OEM too much, and I've gone as far as trying to port 23081 myself and still had the issue, so I may try playing with my OEM FTouch driver to see if I can get it working.. Not tonight, but tomorrow maybe :D (About to go out for the night so I won't be on anymore tonight!)