I8000NXXIJ9

Here is I8000NXXIJ9 ROM. Official Singapore release of WM6.5:

http://rapidshare.com/files/300507511/I8000NXXIJ9.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/300507513/I8000NXXIJ9.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/300519444/I8000NXXIJ9.part3.rar

This is multilanguage ROM containing 15 or so languages.

It doesn't include CSC file ('cause it's not included in cubic37.mli).

So either use any CSC file you like or flash without CSC (in this case latest flashed CSC from device will be used).

Although it includes EBoot part, i strongly don't recommend to flash it. Any failure in EBoot update will brick you device.

Failure in PDA part update is recoverable - just turn off device and restart flashing procedure.

you may use your favorite OCTANS version, or my simplified version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/300522793/OCTANS_Mini.v2.11.exe

differences from original version:

- Option to preserve My Storage content is ON by default, so you won't loose your files accidently.

- removed many unneded controls and whole interface hes been simplified for easier use.

P.S.: thanks to sirbrian from Mobinauts for supplied cubic37.mli

Edited by sorg

Guest almand3000
Here is I8000NXXIJ9 ROM. Official Singapore release of WM6.5:

http://rapidshare.com/files/300507511/I8000NXXIJ9.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/300507513/I8000NXXIJ9.part2.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/300519444/I8000NXXIJ9.part3.rar

This is multilanguage ROM containing 15 or so languages.

It doesn't include CSC file ('cause it's not included in cubic37.mli).

So either use any CSC file you like or flash without CSC (in this case latest flashed CSC from device will be used).

Although it includes EBoot part, i strongly don't recommend to flash it. Any failure in EBoot update will brick you device.

Failure in PDA part update is recoverable - just turn off device and restart flashing procedure.

you may use your favorite OCTANS version, or my simplified version:

http://rapidshare.com/files/300522793/OCTANS_Mini.v2.11.exe

differences from original version:

- Option to preserve My Storage content is ON by default, so you won't loose your files accidently.

- removed many unneded controls and whole interface hes been simplified for easier use.

P.S.: thanks to sirbrian from Mobinauts for supplied cubic37.mli

Im sorry, but i need to ask two questions

What is actually a CSC file

and what are the changes visible in this official rom compared to IJ6 rom

Thank you

Guest zzzzzz54321
help ~

I8000NXXIJD or I8000NXXIJ9

which one is newest ?

JD is newer of the 2..

but which 1 is more stable, u need to read around these forums threads.

Guest Glilium

I'm kind noob in this. Can I flash it with Win Vista x64

Because in the some other thread, I remember someone mentioned that he can't find the driver for x64. What does the driver mean?

I'm kind noob in this. Can I flash it with Win Vista x64

Because in the some other thread, I remember someone mentioned that he can't find the driver for x64. What does the driver mean?

No offence, but if you don't know what a driver is, I don't think you should even be thinking about flashing your phone with new firmware. Your better off sending it off to the Service centre to have it done - it'll save you a lot of hassle as well as the potential of permanently ruining your phone.

Of course your welcome to learn, but that'll involve reading through several of the threads on this page. Start by reading the stickied/pinned threads.

Guest Glilium

What is the differences between the driver for the phone and the computers?

I read the the sticked thread. I would like to ask what is the CSC and PDA part of flashing? So it seems the PHONE is like the firmware for the phone right?

I want to learn on how to flash my device to as buying a phone and just install some softwares and use isn't really...erm...'pushing the fun to the limit'. So I would like to try flashing my phone and so on. This way I can try out more things on my phone than just playing around with the softwares.

No offence, but if you don't know what a driver is, I don't think you should even be thinking about flashing your phone with new firmware. Your better off sending it off to the Service centre to have it done - it'll save you a lot of hassle as well as the potential of permanently ruining your phone.

Of course your welcome to learn, but that'll involve reading through several of the threads on this page. Start by reading the stickied/pinned threads.

@GeneNZ is correct! Bring to your nearest Samsung service center, they will help you out.

What is the differences between the driver for the phone and the computers?

I read the the sticked thread. I would like to ask what is the CSC and PDA part of flashing? So it seems the PHONE is like the firmware for the phone right?

I want to learn on how to flash my device to as buying a phone and just install some softwares and use isn't really...erm...'pushing the fun to the limit'. So I would like to try flashing my phone and so on. This way I can try out more things on my phone than just playing around with the softwares.

Driver, better google and/or read on Wikipedia...

CSC = Custom data for market/region.

PDA = PDA (what else? :D ) = Main code for PDA part, handler of program, application, blab blab blab...

PHONE = Baseband = Modem = Radio = handler of data/service between phone's and network provider.

Hope this help.

And, no offence, but I think you're still not ready to flash your phone. Please consider mine and other's recommendation. Take phone to service center please. I wouldn't hurt to learn, but it would be hurt to try.

Guest Glilium
Driver, better google and/or read on Wikipedia...

CSC = Custom data for market/region.

PDA = PDA (what else? :D ) = Main code for PDA part, handler of program, application, blab blab blab...

PHONE = Baseband = Modem = Radio = handler of data/service between phone's and network provider.

Hope this help.

And, no offence, but I think you're still not ready to flash your phone. Please consider mine and other's recommendation. Take phone to service center please. I wouldn't hurt to learn, but it would be hurt to try.

So the driver for the phone is like the driver for computer right? I mean it's like how the programs interact or work with the hardware.

So what does the phone driver has to do with the OS of the computer?

What is I don't flash the CSC and I only flash the PDA?

I wouldn't flash my phone so soon. Maybe a month or two after I'm clear on how to flash ROM.

Guest xenonart
So the driver for the phone is like the driver for computer right? I mean it's like how the programs interact or work with the hardware.

So what does the phone driver has to do with the OS of the computer?

What is I don't flash the CSC and I only flash the PDA?

I wouldn't flash my phone so soon. Maybe a month or two after I'm clear on how to flash ROM.

Driver for Phone is theoretically doing the same thing like the driver for computer but practically they are not 100% same.

Phone driver-If you mean samsung modem driver-you need to install to your computer and restart once. This driver will make Octain/your computer know OmniaII phone part during Rom update. Otherwise your computer will show as unknown usb device.

It is better not to flash CSC part and use your original CSC. I also keep my original CSC as they contain my language and keyboard.

Hope this help.