If i8000 has a youtube player......

Guest Houssam

Hi guys,

I've searched in the internet to get a youtube player like that in HTC devices and I found one in xda-developers forum but after the installation it'won't work .... it loads the topics of videos but when I select one of them I get the message that the video can't able to play....

can anybody here solve this problem.

thanx in advanced.

Guest ravelcop

i got mine working. but when i start playing, it always prompt me to connect to my mobile operator for streaming even if i'm on wifi. is there a way to use wifi instead?

Guest Houssam

Thanx Awarner,

I've tried this app of youtobe previously. It's not good, but I thought, if we get htc youtube player on our mobiles, it'll be really amazing.

Guest awarner (MVP)

I've not seen the HTC Youtube player but fullscreen works ok for me?

@ravelcop try using Nodata to disable your data connection so it only uses your WiFi

Guest bluhound

@ravelcop try using Nodata to disable your data connection so it only uses your WiFi

Try disabling all data connections except MMS. By doing that, you will still retain MMS functions.

Just my point of view.

Guest ravelcop

i've already tried NoData just now and disabled data connection. while connected to WiFi, i tried playing a youtube video (where a player runs outside of Opera) and it would still attempt to connect via GPRS and gets an error since i disabled it. is there anything else i should do?

Guest awarner (MVP)

It sounds as if you are not connected to your network properly, are you certain your device is properly connected to your WiFi network so for example, normal internet works ok without trying to connect to GPRS?

Guest ravelcop
It sounds as if you are not connected to your network properly, are you certain your device is properly connected to your WiFi network so for example, normal internet works ok without trying to connect to GPRS?

yes i'm certain about it coz i was searching a youtube video via opera, and when i got the result, i clicked on the video and this player opened up and began to connect to GPRS.

i was even chatting in NimBuzz during that time using wifi

• 1 month later...
Guest Kal-Leo
Hi guys,

I've searched in the internet to get a youtube player like that in HTC devices and I found one in xda-developers forum but after the installation it'won't work .... it loads the topics of videos but when I select one of them I get the message that the video can't able to play....

can anybody here solve this problem.

thanx in advanced.

Hi, can you tell me wich version you found??

Im trying to find a youtube app like that on HTC phones (superb best image quality and playback i've seen) but had no luck.

Can you post the link direct to the topic in da forum??

thx in advance

Guest redzone321
Should work:

youtube.CAB

so i installed the one right off the youtube site and the one in teh link above but video quality is very poor compared to the stock youtube player in IL5 so any custom rom that doesnt include it you get poor youtube video quality. if i compare the video from the secany IL5 youtube and the iphone youtube they are the same but with the one from the youtube site its poor.

can someone rip it from IL5 and post a cab?

or is there a way to increase video quality in the downloaded versions.

Edited by redzone321

Guest surgex

Not to rant or anything, but I really hate google lately.

Their youtube player for WM and Symbian SUCKS.

There is no option to stream high quality or HD videos, and it's not coded properly so the orientation change won't work with it...

The android version is a million times better, and allows for HD streaming...meh.

Guest Kal-Leo

I tested skyfire too, and this browser can play the desktop videos of youtube, but not so good...

Have you guys see the htc youtube playback?? Why we cant get that application too? Its plays perfectly..

The youtube.cab posted its the same that i get fom google....

If someone could only port the youtube application from htc to other windows phones such as omnia II...

Guest surgex

Doesn't skyfire render everything remotely?

It lags like hell on my device, especially flash -- audio sync issues, plus A2DP doesn't work.

BTW, I originally got a playback error...then I closed the app and opened it again, and never got the error ever again.

Guest redzone321
Doesn't skyfire render everything remotely?

It lags like hell on my device, especially flash -- audio sync issues, plus A2DP doesn't work.

BTW, I originally got a playback error...then I closed the app and opened it again, and never got the error ever again.

the error went away after the second time i opened it but quality is still poor

why not use coreplayer? Its not quite as flashy as the htc youtube player, but is still able to stream iphone-quality hvga resolution without skipping frames! :)

Guest redzone321
why not use coreplayer? Its not quite as flashy as the htc youtube player, but is still able to stream iphone-quality hvga resolution without skipping frames! :)

how do you set it up