Brightness level

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

I'm also looking for a way to create a direct link/shortcut to the Brightness setting panel... but I couldn't find any:(

I don't really like the Auto adjustment setting but when I go outside I really feel the need to push the brightness to max. It would be nice to be able to do that quickly (or even better assign it to a Profile manager program, so that I could create an "outdoor" profile with max volume/ring and max brighness too)

If anybody has any idea I'd be glad :)

Guest rodrigofd
I'm also looking for a way to create a direct link/shortcut to the Brightness setting panel... but I couldn't find any:(

I don't really like the Auto adjustment setting but when I go outside I really feel the need to push the brightness to max. It would be nice to be able to do that quickly (or even better assign it to a Profile manager program, so that I could create an "outdoor" profile with max volume/ring and max brighness too)

If anybody has any idea I'd be glad :D

TACCHAN23, I found your salvation (i'm starting to feel useful to this community solving others issues hehe)

If you modify this registry values:

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'Brightness' (integer)

Max brightness setting is 15... the brightness level is updated in less than a second automatically ..

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'BatteryTimeout' (integer)

Is duration in seconds, after which backlight turns off, while in battery mode

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'ACTimeout' (integer)

Is duration in seconds, after which backlight turns off, while in charging mode

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'ALCMode' (integer)

0 for manual brightness setting, 1 for automatic brightness (depending on light sensor)

So you could make a script that sets this values, and link such script wherever you want (start menu, softkey, hard button) ...

Mortscript could be one way, another is making a REG file, (which must be associated to some registry editor like dotfred's task manager, resco, etc).

:)

Guest tacchan23
TACCHAN23, I found your salvation (i'm starting to feel useful to this community solving others issues hehe)

If you modify this registry values:

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'Brightness' (integer)

Max brightness setting is 15... the brightness level is updated in less than a second automatically ..

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'BatteryTimeout' (integer)

Is duration in seconds, after which backlight turns off, while in battery mode

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'ACTimeout' (integer)

Is duration in seconds, after which backlight turns off, while in charging mode

HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\ > Value 'ALCMode' (integer)

0 for manual brightness setting, 1 for automatic brightness (depending on light sensor)

So you could make a script that sets this values, and link such script wherever you want (start menu, softkey, hard button) ...

Mortscript could be one way, another is making a REG file, (which must be associated to some registry editor like dotfred's task manager, resco, etc).

:)

I was thinking to do something like that but I wasn't sure how to import the registry easily. I tried the dotfred task manager but it still pops up 2 confirmation windows before importing the new registry value :D

Maybe I sould try MortScript even if I am 100% noob^^

Thanks !

Is there any way, to make a shortcut directly to Start/settings/Light/brightness

I've tried to make shortcut form 1 to 65

24#ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,2

(I've made them with macro in Excel :) - nopt manualy by hand ! If you want those shortcuts to Control panel, I can share !)

I've tried to find .exe inside Windows directory

But no result at this time

Edited by Yohng

Guest tacchan23
Thanks !

Is there any way, to make a shortcut directly to Start/settings/Light/brightness

I've tried to make shortcut form 1 to 65

24#ctlpnl.exe cplmain.cpl,2

(I've made them with macro in Excel :) - nopt manualy by hand ! If you want those shortcuts to Control panel, I can share !)

I've tried to find .exe inside Windows directory

But no result at this time

Yes, I couldn't find any exe for the brightness too.

The shortcuts to ctlpnl.exe link to the WM settings only.

Anyway I'm quite happy with the mortscript couse I can launch them with a Profile manager (such as G-profile).

I made a "outdoor" profile which, among other settings, will launch the BrightnessMAX mortscript.

And a "indoor" profile which will launch the BrightnessSTANDARD mosrtscript.

• 2 months later...
Guest imstillspinning

I on one hand, find the automatic brightness feature pretty useful, but i don't like it when it goes to max brightness, even i'm in a normally lit room.

is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor, so it only goes to max brightness when outdoors?

Guest dwallersv

I am your savior :)

To bring up the display brightness panel directly (on the i920, at least), create a shortcut with "\windows\setting_t.exe /sc_br" as the execution string.

As a general method for figuring this out, here's the procedure I use:

1. Go to the settings page you're interested in.

2. Hit the phone hangup/power button to get back to the shell; the settings page/app is still running, just in the background.

3. With FDC TaskManager, examine the process list for the running process that is hosting the settings page. No magic here -- you've got to figure it out yourself, but it's usually obvious. I explicitly mention FDC TM because it gives the command like parameters that the process was started with, which is critical; settings_t hosts a lot of different pages, so you need to know the command line parameter to start it with to get the right page

4. Make a shortcut as appropriate

I've done this for a lot of settings pages, and have a page of these shortcuts on my SPB MS3 lifestyle pageset. Saves a lot of time. Note that "setting_t.exe" is not the catch-all for settings on the 920 -- there's also setting_a.exe and a bunch of others. You need to follow the above procedure to figure out what's what to make the shortcuts.

Note, however, that some of the pages can't be invoked directly, at least according to my discovery method. A few pages are a level down from the toplevel page invoked through the method above. For example, can't get directly to the "Assign a Program" buttons page, but can get directly to the "Buttons" page, with three choices from there (Assign, Wakeup, and X button).

Edited by dwallersv

• 1 month later...
Guest santoo
I am your savior :(

and mine as well :(

googled for hours, searched@xda, scanned registry & windows folder, even checked settings_t.exe - never thought about startup-parameters.

thanks a LOT! and thanks for recommending fdc taskmanager!

(same as you, i wanted to do this to create a link in spb ms :( )

Edited by santoo