i8000 custom ROM guide translated in English

Guest Lancez

hi, guys

i have translated Gigges (kingmobile.net) guide on how to repack PDA to a flashable file. as this is very important and final step to make custom ROMs. so plz follow this guide exactly how it explains. and happy cooking everyone! :)

thanks to Gigges at kingmobile.net for releasing this guide and W.H.Y, POWSER, KSTAN etc. for providing infos.

please share ur achievement with us, it is the key to keep our forum alive. thank u

i8000_custom_ROM_Guide.doc

i8000tools.rar

Edited by Lancez

up.......... :D

wow, 30 some downloads, not a single word? lol, just kidding. :)

On behalf of other 40 chefs, I thank you despite I didn't download it, since am not a chef and just love the fast-food!

I really salute people who shares while they DON'T HAVE TO DO SO!

On behalf of other 40 chefs, I thank you despite I didn't download it, since am not a chef and just love the fast-food!

I really salute people who shares while they DON'T HAVE TO DO SO!

deleted for not being polite, my bad.

Edited by Lancez

Thanks for your share. (I think Iwas the first one to take i8000tools, just after your edit :) )

... Sorry for not reply so quickly, but we need time to test....

So, I block in 2 steps :

1. preparation is done, double click 1pack.bat in tools folder
    I have a message that "all_packages_to_one.exe" perform an error.
    But process follow up...
  2. then use the up arrow key on ur computer to scroll to 1353f800 position.
    But this adress is not empty !
First, i've tried with II3, then (because your guide is with II1) I've tried II1 => SAME

Then I thought the problem was Win7, then I've tried with WinXP => SAME

PS : I've never cooked, and I would like to do (so sorry if my questions seams from noob!)

Edited by Yohng

no worries, im not a cooker either :D , the reason i bump it up was if there is anything that i should edit since i dont know much about this kinda stuff, i just translated it what i understood from the original guide. did not want to mislead ppl who r willing to try. but it seems that i've done a fairly good job as other cookers could understood, lol........ about the 1353f800, i dont know how to explain it in a professional way, but according to original guide, u have to delete all FFs from this point all the way to the end. if u really want to give it a go, u can follow that thread ( u know which one :) ), and ask real experts. happy cooking

funny, where is ur contribution?

I was better off not commenting in here!

I just said "Thank you" on behalf of other people who were supposed to be the one to thank you in the first place. As I mention (indirectly),I am not a chef neither but a pro-consumer who cares to drop few lines and thanks people like you who are sharing any piece of information that might help the community!

In one word, I just saluted you and everyone like you and in return you are nagging me for no contribution! Maybe that's one of the reason people DON'T BOTHER to reply!

Thanks again!

I was better off not commenting in here!

I just said "Thank you" on behalf of other people who were supposed to be the one to thank you in the first place. As I mention (indirectly),I am not a chef neither but a pro-consumer who cares to drop few lines and thanks people like you who are sharing any piece of information that might help the community!

In one word, I just saluted you and everyone like you and in return you are nagging me for no contribution! Maybe that's one of the reason people DON'T BOTHER to reply!

Thanks again!

misunderstanding, my apology. didnt get what u meant. :)

• 2 months later...
Guest defaultBR

something is wrong lancez can you help?

im stucked at editing the dump folder

"Dump folder is what we need ,it includes all files in i8000 along with .dll .xml registry entries, etc. "

but it dont have the initflashfiles etc... that i need to change some registry things =(!!!

like eg: i want to add the modaconodata, i put the modules normaly in the dump folder but how can i set the shortcut to go to startmenu? folder games etc...?? its impossible o0 where i can edit where the programs should go when i pack/install?

Edited by defaultBR

lancez something is wrong can you help?

im stucked at editing the dump folder

"Dump folder is what we need, it includes all files in i8000 along with. Dll. Xml registry entries, etc.."

but it dont have the initflashfiles etc ... that i need to change some registry things =(!!!

[/ quote]

refer to this thread http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...chen-tools-etc/

Guest defaultBR

thanks i got everything worked fine, the problem is just what to do after i remove for example the sample music folder from the sys folder =|

many thanks =)

thanks i got everything worked fine, the problem is just what to do after i remove for example the sample music folder from the sys folder =|

many thanks =)

sorry i dont know about cooking, u can ask Qs over RFD's thread which is pinned on top of the ROM section here.

Thanks Lancez.

Just downloaded it.

Will try it later this week.

your are welcome, i knew ur capability, bring us some good stuff in the near future, hoepfully. :)

Guest Gary Crutcher

It would be great if one of the chefs could provide

an example (step-by-step) of how to add/remove an application.

Can any chef provide this?

Thanks in advance.

It would be great if one of the chefs could provide

an example (step-by-step) of how to add/remove an application.

Can any chef provide this?

Thanks in advance.

might wanna ask RFD or KC even Kstan. i believe anyone of them would love to give u a hand on that.

Guest Mr Man2003

Thanks man...

But, how can we cook a ROM?

How to remove files and apps from the ROM and then rebuild it?

Hot to know what to remove and what to keep?

Thanks man...

But, how can we cook a ROM?

How to remove files and apps from the ROM and then rebuild it?

Hot to know what to remove and what to keep?

i really have no idea bro, might wanna ask people who r cooking ROMs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gary Crutcher
i really have no idea bro, might wanna ask people who r cooking ROMs.

Hi Lancez,

Here is the easy way to cook a ROM, compliments of Wes58:

Wes58 RomTool

This tool works great!

It assumes you have used Sorg's dskdump.exe program.

I have made a custom rom (21889) with 87MB free program ram.

Now down to 54MB with SPB Mobile Shell & MSkips add-ons.