Photo

[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
675 replies to this topic

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2 I8000; HTC Fuze

Off-topic: How is your lost "my storage" now? Did they change the mainboard to correct this?

Some comments:

- What KSTAN says about checksum, im 100% sure its because he's not calculating the checksum value in the same algorythm as flasher program..
- The only thing i actually need for a full basic kitchen now, is a working module relocation tool.
I wrote a NB0 utility, that does all the unpacking of NB0 file, resizing to support osnbtool, repack of nb0, nb0 headers update (checksum etc).

I also rewrote pkgtool and buildOS, they seem to work fine, i just reflashed from a packeted- dump, and it goes up to the 'calibrate' initial screen... when i pinch in touchscreen, it reboots.... so i'm just almost there...

Cooking ROMs for I8000 & I8000L

Want to support my work?? :)

Posted Image / EUR: Posted Image

Khuanchai

Khuanchai

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Some comments:

- What KSTAN says about checksum, im 100% sure its because he's not calculating the checksum value in the same algorythm as flasher program..
- The only thing i actually need for a full basic kitchen now, is a working module relocation tool.
I wrote a NB0 utility, that does all the unpacking of NB0 file, resizing to support osnbtool, repack of nb0, nb0 headers update (checksum etc).

I also rewrote pkgtool and buildOS, they seem to work fine, i just reflashed from a packeted- dump, and it goes up to the 'calibrate' initial screen... when i pinch in touchscreen, it reboots.... so i'm just almost there...

You mean that you can now buildOS from sys, oem, xip and flash without lang setup error? Did you also change the 1EA value? Could you give me a try with your new buildOS?

Thanks to friends who donated. Click here if you want to help. :)

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Devices:I900

That's my experience too. I tried to buildos from packages even without modification. After flash, it went error on language setup screen even I had corrected the 1EA value. It doesn't make sense if we are thinking that this value is for multilanguage setup. Do you have any idea why it happens with buildos from packages but not from direct dump?

Something is strange with this language pack setup in multilanguage roms.

I did another test today to see relocation is going to work without buildos. Here is what I did:
1. Dump files from IJ9 nb0
2. Run WMReloc.exe on the dump folder. I didn't make any changes to the dump folder, just had to fix two files with some sections equal to 0 for WMReloc.exe to work (they were R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll and VoiceBooster.dll)
3. Pack Rom
So I didn't dump to packages or use buildos. I just wanted to see what WMReloc.exe will do.

When I flashed the phone, It went through the language setup screen OK - the progress bar worked fine and the phone started. But that's where it finished, I got stuck on the splash screen again. The other thing I noticed is that I didn't have startup sound.  

Then I dumped this modified rom to compare dump_MemoryMap.txt files for original dump and the relocated dump.
I have noticed that WMReloc.exe creates some extra data. Memory is divided into 2 slots (2 halves). Most of file sections are mapped to both slots (Some are only in one). After running WMReloc, it maps all the files to both slots. The other thing what WMReloc did for the modules that it added, is to swap around the slots (the part with bigger size is in different slot now). For example there was only 1 memory allocation in first slot for bta2dp.dll (size 65535) in original dump. WMReloc added another one so now we have in first slot bta2dp.dll (size 4095) and in second slot bta2dp.dll (size 65535). Not sure if it matters though. 

If you have a look at the attached spreadsheet you will see what I mean. Maybe it will be usefull for rodrigofd. I had to rar it, It doesn't like xlsx attachment. 

Edit:
You haven't tried by any chance using buildos and/or WMReloc on the Chinese rom that we started with? I wonder if it worked on the 1-language rom.

Attached Files

Edited by wes58, 20 November 2009 - 03:18 AM.

If you find this Application useful, you can buy me a glass of wine

Posted Image

Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

You mean that you can now buildOS from sys, oem, xip and flash without lang setup error? Did you also change the 1EA value? Could you give me a try with your new buildOS?

I am looking forward to that as well. That would be great.

Posted Image

KSTAN

KSTAN

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

Off-topic: How is your lost "my storage" now? Did they change the mainboard to correct this?

I think it is R&D issue as I suspect it could be some RMA workaround like engineering fix with some jumper wires or some SMD component (like resistor or capacitor replacement). I used to work in manufacturing environment. :)

I don't think they replace the chip or motherboard cos the repair took only 1hr unless they do have the parts available in the service centre.

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
I started to have a look at language pack - maybe it will be useful later on. 

At offset 04 there is a size of language pack (which starts at offset 100)

At offset 08 - not sure what it is!

At offset 0C is the checksum for language pack (calculated from offset 100 to the end of the file)

At offset 900 MSFLSH50

At offset 20100 you will find boot record MSWIN4.1 (it is similar what you get on hard drive, floppies etc).  

Rodrigofd:

I found for you source code (old one though) for mamaich imgfs tools (viewimgfs, buildimgfs, recmod). Maybe you will find some info how it works.

Attached Files

Posted Image

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a
@Rodrigo, khuanchai and wes

its been almost 3 days and i have not got any reply back yet. looks like we r on our own now. :)

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 Omnia 2

@Rodrigo, khuanchai and wes

its been almost 3 days and i have not got any reply back yet. looks like we r on our own now. :)

Sad :D

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Sad :)

You guys read about the problems there are with modification of the rom. Rodrigo is working on some tools that would help us, Khuanchai is probably working on the rom as well. Until there is some progress or questions to ask, you just have to wait.

And one more thing, after working for a few days on something, it is good to take a break so you can have a fresh look at things. Maybe there was something that we missed and we didn't realized?

Edited by wes58, 21 November 2009 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

monyozt

monyozt

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Devices:sprint 3VO 3D, iphone 4,9780
have you all watch this video?? maybe you can ask this guys who already use WM 6.5.1 on his OMNIA II :)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Edited by monyozt, 21 November 2009 - 12:14 PM.

current device :

Phone:Blackberry onyx | OS : hybrid OS by Willyboy™ v7.3

wes58

wes58

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

have you all watch this video?? maybe you can ask this guys who already use WM 6.5.1 on his OMNIA II :)

http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

I looked on their website and there is nothing there, that says that they are using any modified firmware. The videos they are showing are just tips of how to use some features on Omnia II (and other phones).

Posted Image

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
http://www.careace.net/
where did they get the wm6.5.1 rom to make their videos?
i tried to send them an email just in case...

Lancez

Lancez

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Interests:My Devices:
    Galaxy Nexus
    Samsung I9100
    Samsung S8600 Bada
    Samsung I8000
    Samsung I900
    Sony Ericsson X10a

You guys read about the problems there are with modification of the rom. Rodrigo is working on some tools that would help us, Khuanchai is probably working on the rom as well. Until there is some progress or questions to ask, you just have to wait.

And one more thing, after working for a few days on something, it is good to take a break so you can have a fresh look at things. Maybe there was something that we missed and we didn't realized?

as much as we appreciate, i think u misunderstood my post, reply = the answer from Weisun that rodrigo has requested few days ago. :)

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

as much as we appreciate, i think u misunderstood my post, reply = the answer from Weisun that rodrigo has requested few days ago. :)

Hey everyone, shame that we don't get some hint from weisun, as he probably is who knows best about the internals of this stuff...

Btw, i drop this for some days, but today or tomorrow will resume, my next thing will be finish fixing one of the tools that cooks all packages into a ROM, and then, i'll try building a WM 6.5.2 copy for out i8000..
Actually, i am thinking that if it works sort of good in most aspects, i might release it, at least to the few of us can test it, and time after, for everyone in Modaco, as i've been receiving lots of beta tester requests lately... most people here is willing to help at least in testing...

So , in short, we'll have a WM 6.5.2 proof-of-concept rom for testing...

Michael Pang

Michael Pang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Hey everyone, shame that we don't get some hint from weisun, as he probably is who knows best about the internals of this stuff...

Btw, i drop this for some days, but today or tomorrow will resume, my next thing will be finish fixing one of the tools that cooks all packages into a ROM, and then, i'll try building a WM 6.5.2 copy for out i8000..
Actually, i am thinking that if it works sort of good in most aspects, i might release it, at least to the few of us can test it, and time after, for everyone in Modaco, as i've been receiving lots of beta tester requests lately... most people here is willing to help at least in testing...

So , in short, we'll have a WM 6.5.2 proof-of-concept rom for testing...

btw, wm6.5.3 build 28002 is out, is it a good candidate? thanks for your update.
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=10450

gertitombo

gertitombo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Tab

btw, wm6.5.3 build 28002 is out, is it a good candidate? thanks for your update.
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=10450

Hi Guys,

If the cooking tools are almost there, then I will look into the basic rom update too.
If the beta 6.5.2. is there, let me know.

Unfortunately i do not have many time, but like to help you all guys to make the best rom every for I8000.
I would like to thank everyone who is creating the ultimate cooking software :)

Regards,
GT

Pako777

Pako777

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Devices:i900 - the best :)
Guys... Somebody will explain to me - the checksum in nb0 what for is necessary (Octans_Downloader does not swear on it :)) and whether is necessary to you langpack? I do in executor without it..

tacchan23

tacchan23

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
Secany said he has a single language ROM but branded... could be of any use to you guys?(or the problem with language pack is past now? I tried to follow the thread but I could not understand much^^)

Edited by tacchan23, 21 November 2009 - 06:22 PM.

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Secany said he has a single language ROM but branded... could be of any use to you guys?(or the problem with language pack is past now? I tried to follow the thread but I could not understand much^^)

Yes, totally!! i have a theory that single language roms have some different structure, and if we have an english one, we can further understand it.. could i get my hands on it?

rodrigofd

rodrigofd

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Guys... Somebody will explain to me - the checksum in nb0 what for is necessary (Octans_Downloader does not swear on it :) ) and whether is necessary to you langpack? I do in executor without it..

You're wrong pako, octans do check if checksum is correct, i wrongly calculated in my first attemps, and 'checksum failed' error was displayed both in octans and in phone screen...

Nb0 is a multi-section file, with adjacent header-section-header-section.... parts..... with each header being of 0x100 bytes, that include section size (excluding the 0x100 header) , .. a block count (section size divided by 1F800) and a checksum of the section data.... up to now we know 2 sections: the first OS.NB file, and an optional the langpack section, that can be mounted as a virtual disk drive...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users