[REF] Cooking info, kitchen, tools, etc ....

Guest rodrigofd

have you all watch this video?? maybe you can ask this guys who already use WM 6.5.1 on his OMNIA II :)

I looked on their website and there is nothing there, that says that they are using any modified firmware. The videos they are showing are just tips of how to use some features on Omnia II (and other phones).

You guys read about the problems there are with modification of the rom. Rodrigo is working on some tools that would help us, Khuanchai is probably working on the rom as well. Until there is some progress or questions to ask, you just have to wait.

And one more thing, after working for a few days on something, it is good to take a break so you can have a fresh look at things. Maybe there was something that we missed and we didn't realized?

as much as we appreciate, i think u misunderstood my post, reply = the answer from Weisun that rodrigo has requested few days ago. :)

Guest rodrigofd
as much as we appreciate, i think u misunderstood my post, reply = the answer from Weisun that rodrigo has requested few days ago. :)

Hey everyone, shame that we don't get some hint from weisun, as he probably is who knows best about the internals of this stuff...

Btw, i drop this for some days, but today or tomorrow will resume, my next thing will be finish fixing one of the tools that cooks all packages into a ROM, and then, i'll try building a WM 6.5.2 copy for out i8000..

Actually, i am thinking that if it works sort of good in most aspects, i might release it, at least to the few of us can test it, and time after, for everyone in Modaco, as i've been receiving lots of beta tester requests lately... most people here is willing to help at least in testing...

So , in short, we'll have a WM 6.5.2 proof-of-concept rom for testing...

Guest Michael Pang
Hey everyone, shame that we don't get some hint from weisun, as he probably is who knows best about the internals of this stuff...

Btw, i drop this for some days, but today or tomorrow will resume, my next thing will be finish fixing one of the tools that cooks all packages into a ROM, and then, i'll try building a WM 6.5.2 copy for out i8000..

Actually, i am thinking that if it works sort of good in most aspects, i might release it, at least to the few of us can test it, and time after, for everyone in Modaco, as i've been receiving lots of beta tester requests lately... most people here is willing to help at least in testing...

So , in short, we'll have a WM 6.5.2 proof-of-concept rom for testing...

btw, wm6.5.3 build 28002 is out, is it a good candidate? thanks for your update.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=10450

Guest gertitombo
btw, wm6.5.3 build 28002 is out, is it a good candidate? thanks for your update.

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=10450

Hi Guys,

If the cooking tools are almost there, then I will look into the basic rom update too.

If the beta 6.5.2. is there, let me know.

Unfortunately i do not have many time, but like to help you all guys to make the best rom every for I8000.

I would like to thank everyone who is creating the ultimate cooking software :)

Regards,

GT

Guest Pako777

Guys... Somebody will explain to me - the checksum in nb0 what for is necessary (Octans_Downloader does not swear on it :)) and whether is necessary to you langpack? I do in executor without it..

Guest tacchan23

Secany said he has a single language ROM but branded... could be of any use to you guys?(or the problem with language pack is past now? I tried to follow the thread but I could not understand much^^)

Edited by tacchan23

Guest rodrigofd
Secany said he has a single language ROM but branded... could be of any use to you guys?(or the problem with language pack is past now? I tried to follow the thread but I could not understand much^^)

Yes, totally!! i have a theory that single language roms have some different structure, and if we have an english one, we can further understand it.. could i get my hands on it?

Guest rodrigofd
Guys... Somebody will explain to me - the checksum in nb0 what for is necessary (Octans_Downloader does not swear on it :) ) and whether is necessary to you langpack? I do in executor without it..

You're wrong pako, octans do check if checksum is correct, i wrongly calculated in my first attemps, and 'checksum failed' error was displayed both in octans and in phone screen...

Nb0 is a multi-section file, with adjacent header-section-header-section.... parts..... with each header being of 0x100 bytes, that include section size (excluding the 0x100 header) , .. a block count (section size divided by 1F800) and a checksum of the section data.... up to now we know 2 sections: the first OS.NB file, and an optional the langpack section, that can be mounted as a virtual disk drive...

Guest Pako777
You're wrong pako, octans do check if checksum is correct, i wrongly calculated in my first attemps, and 'checksum failed' error was displayed both in octans and in phone screen...

Nb0 is a multi-section file, with adjacent header-section-header-section.... parts..... with each header being of 0x100 bytes, that include section size (excluding the 0x100 header) , .. a block count (section size divided by 1F800) and a checksum of the section data.... up to now we know 2 sections: the first OS.NB file, and an optional the langpack section, that can be mounted as a virtual disk drive...

this all i know..

For example, with the help EXEcutor I have created nb0 only from pda_partition (without langpack), in the field checksum (in nb0) have written down $00000000 and have palmed off this nb0 to OCTAN_DL 2.11 - it has accepted it and anything about the checksum has not told. :) Or he should tell something directly at an flashing?

Guest rodrigofd
this all i know..

For example, with the help EXEcutor I have created nb0 only from pda_partition (without langpack), in the field checksum (in nb0) have written down $00000000 and have palmed off this nb0 to OCTAN_DL 2.11 - it has accepted it and anything about the checksum has not told. :) Or he should tell something directly at an flashing?

If checksum is invalid, it prompts an error message at THE END of the image download to phone...

Guest Pako777
...it prompts an error message at THE END of the image download to phone...

thanks.. now will be search algoritm "Checksum-32".. algo CRC-32 does not approach..

Guest rodrigofd

Well, some good news, firstly i successfully have a kitchen that unpacks a nb0, dumps imgfs and xip, reorders in packages, repackages to a dump, and reassembles a flashable, working NB0 :).. all this using as base, I8000NIJC WM 6.5 english...

What's more, i THINK i figured out WHY WMRELOC tool fails to relocate all modules correctly... modules in XIP part also use fixed memory location, but they are not included in the dump, to which we apply WMRELOC... so the tool doesn't get them in consideration when remapping addresess.. and , i believe, new relocated modules from IMGFS get into conflict with originally-mapped modules in XIP....

SO , according to my theory, we should rellocate all modules at one time, both from imgfs and xip, and then everything will work...

I'm about to start building a WM 6.5.3 28002 build, and i'll have it ready in a couple hours...

Well, some good news, firstly i successfully have a kitchen that unpacks a nb0, dumps imgfs and xip, reorders in packages, repackages to a dump, and reassembles a flashable, working NB0 :) .. all this using as base, I8000NIJC WM 6.5 english...

What's more, i THINK i figured out WHY WMRELOC tool fails to relocate all modules correctly... modules in XIP part also use fixed memory location, but they are not included in the dump, to which we apply WMRELOC... so the tool doesn't get them in consideration when remapping addresess.. and , i believe, new relocated modules from IMGFS get into conflict with originally-mapped modules in XIP....

SO , according to my theory, we should rellocate all modules at one time, both from imgfs and xip, and then everything will work...

I'm about to start building a WM 6.5.3 28002 build, and i'll have it ready in a couple hours...

I thought that will be a case, with XIP needed to be included in the dump. But how did it work with OMNIA (and I guess other phones) before? Unless WMReloc would look at SYS, OEM and XIP (which is in ROM folder) packages if they are all put in one 'dump' folder, and then you would do relocation of dump folder? Just a thought. If you relocate XIP dump you would have to build and pack into nb0 XIP as well.

I am curious how will you manage to port WM6.5.3 since WM language resources that are in SYS folder are located in the language pack? 

Edited by wes58

Well, some good news, firstly i successfully have a kitchen that unpacks a nb0, dumps imgfs and xip, reorders in packages, repackages to a dump, and reassembles a flashable, working NB0 :) .. all this using as base, I8000NIJC WM 6.5 english...

This is so exciting!! Thank you for your hardwork!

Loooking forward to this! :D

Guest diverdude

Mr. Rodrigofd,

Will you be able to share this with all of us soon? Or, will this be something you will be giving to just a few testers. I would love to be a tester if you need anyone else.

Thank you soooo much for your hard work and all your dedcation to this project!!

Respect, Diver

Mr. Rodrigofd,

Will you be able to share this with all of us soon? Or, will this be something you will be giving to just a few testers. I would love to be a tester if you need anyone else.

Thank you soooo much for your hard work and all your dedcation to this project!!

Respect, Diver

Same. I would love to be a tester too.

Thanks for all your hard work. It was like a few days of no updates then suddenly a big one. (:

Guest InvalidCast

rodrigofd,

just my two cents, maybe you should take your time before releasing anything to be sure not having people complaining they bricked their phone with your ROM. sometimes people forget they've been told it's alpha alpha alpha ROM and that it is dangerous to use it.

about adding some stuff to the ROM, maybe you may consider not putting anything in it, people can install what they want after flashing, and there will always be people saying "i would like this" and as soon as you put it in your ROM, other people will say "hey, why is this thing in the ROM, i don't need it!"

again, this is only my own humble opinion that may be wrong, and you're absolutely free to do what you want.

thanks for your hard work

I found why WMReloc fails if the file section has size 0. WMReloc, after opening the file with function "CreateFileW" is trying to map the file with "CreateFileMappingW". Because the size is 0 it fails.

That's what microsoft is saying about this error "An attempt to map a file with a length of 0 (zero) fails with an error code of ERROR_FILE_INVALID. Applications should test for files with a length of 0 (zero) and reject those files."

Edited by wes58