kaplex, on Jan 12 2010, 13:00, said:
Read also the 1st post of this thread.
i'm just using pako777 executor only. try using that first. easy to understand.
edit: sorry, im should stated using pako777 tool can only for cooking dumping rom only. to cooked in latest winmo version i still dont know (unclear) how to insert it.
1. i prefer to use this particular version from pako777 attached below.
2. use the dump utility from sorg as attached. copy to "My Storage" and run, wait for a OK prompt.
3. copy this file "msrom_dump.bin" to your kitchen in a new folder, eg ."d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom"
4. run i900_excutor.exe, and dump ur "msrom_dump.bin".
5. Once done, open a dos command shell, go to "d:\i900_executor_2.5\myrom", run "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 2 imgfs.bin -acwan".
To update windows build,
(extract xip.bin with "..\tools\osnbtool -d msrom_dump.bin 1 xip.bin" in case u dun have it)
1. Replace all folders in SYS except .vm and metadata.
2. follow wes58 steps to port XIP manually, here.
8. Copy xip.bin to the folder where you have xipport.exe
9. Run xipport and press "dump xip.bin" button. Then press "write maps". Then press "make pkgs" This will create \out folder in your xipport directory
10. Delete folders MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories. Rename \out folder to let's say \outold
11. Get xip.bin for new OS and do the same steps as in point 9
12. Delete everything except for MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK in both \Files and \Modules directories.
13. From \MSXIPKernel folder delete hd.dll, hd.dll.txt, osaxst0.dll and osaxst0.dll.txt.
14. copy MSXIPKernel and MSXIPKernelLTK folders in both \files and \modules to \outold folder. You can delete \out folder and rename \outold to \out.
15. Run xipport and press "undo" this will convert modules to flat dump.
Now you have xip ready for relocation.
3. copy XIPTools from Kitchen folder to ur "myrom" folder if it is not there, it will be created also when u run buildos.
4. your xip OUT folder will be in XIPTools folder as in my case. Just ignore the ROM folder in ur "myrom" folder, only work on OEM and SYS folder.
5. Once u have make the necessary modifications, select assemble pda from pako777's tool. uncheck run all_packages_to_one in options.
6. click green arrow button on buildos. resolve any errors if there's any.
7. Once buildos is done. go to myrom\tools\ folder and double-click extreloc.exe.
8. again, follow wes58 steps here:
18. Start ExtReloc
19. Go to setting page in imgfs path, point it to \TEMP\DUMP. Set appropriate nk.exe type (wm6.1 or wm6.5) all other setting you can use but default
20. Set path to your XIPort folder where you have your ported XIP (from step 15)
21. Tick Show page "Debug" and "Set active page "Debug" during reloc. Here you will see if you get any error during relocation.
22. Untick "Use packages.cif for reloc IMGFS (I am not sure what this does so I unticked it)
23. Go to work page, press "import xipport" and xipport start
24. Press "ReallocV" in extreloc
25. Go to xipport and press "realoc P". Press "write map" in xipport
26. Go to extreloc and double click on "physlast" number, press "realloc nk.exe gsiir" ... button
27. Go to xipport and press "realloc P" again. You shouldn't get any errors on Debug tab. Xip is now ported.
28. In extreloc drag the vertical white line to the left and press "realloc imgfs". Check for errors
29. Press "Save .VM and .ROM". Close extreloc
30. In xipport press "Build xip_out.bin".
9. use 010 editor (hex editor, version 2.0 prefer here). set xip_out.bin to same size as existing xip.bin and save. move xip_out.bin to myrom folder.
10. from dos prompt, cd to myrom\temp, run "..\..\tools\imgfsfromdump.exe ..\imgfs.bin ..\imgfs-new.bin".
11. go to myrom folder, run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb 1 xip_out.bin" <-- insert xip
12. run "..\tools\osnbtool.exe -c os.nb.new 2 imgfs-new.bin" <-- insert new imgfs.bin
13. open os.nb.new.new in 010editor, make sure filesize (scroll dwn to the end to check hex value of filesize) can be divided by 1f800 (hex). then run tools-> checksum, select checksum32. note the values and invert it eg , 81aa0e56 --> change to 560eaa81.
14. insert the header (1kb) in front of os.nb.new.new, change the rom size in bytes 0x0004h (values in reverse also), and the value in 0x0008h (rom size divide by 1f800, in reverse also), and checksum value in 0x000Ch.
14. save the file as XXX.nb0. You are done with ur ROM.
15. flash ur rom.
Note: Do not quote me, just experiment with it and u r done. And I will not be responsible for any damage done to you phone.