Dump Omnia 2 for HTC HD2?

Guest endursa

i didn't read the thread, just the topic, but i can say i had the omnia 2 since release in singapur, and have now switched to the hd2. i can only say it was worth it, the capacitive screen and the software package (htc sense or tf3d 2.5 or whatever you call it :D) are so much more advanced then samsungs attempt to cover winmo! i even tested mobile shell 3.5 and pointui, ms3 was good but i like tf3 more! 

the only thing i miss is the battery with was a little bit better on the o2, (2,5days compared to 1.5 days on hd2) but thats not that big of a deal! and maybe the amoled screen, but if you don't put the devices right next to each other you won't really miss it that much!

i ordered mine at clove in the uk, shippment with fedex in 2 days:) 

Guest tacchan23
i didn't read the thread, just the topic, but i can say i had the omnia 2 since release in singapur

Good you didn't read the thread itself, otherwise you'd regret your decision :D

Joking^^ as said before, the choice depends on priorities/usage

Edited by tacchan23

Guest endursa
Good you didn't read the thread itself, otherwise you'd regret your decision :D

Joking^^ as said before, the choice depends on priorities/usage

haha i read it after my post, and no i don't regret it because i make my own opinion on the daily usage of the phones ;) and so far i don't miss the o2 :( maybe if sense 2.5 will run smoothe on the o2 sometimes but then i'll always miss the capacitive screen, and no i'm not an iphone fanboy i just love how well i reacts to every point, i don't have any of the problems with the screen beeing to sensitive or something! 

Guest CloneboyZa

Hi there,

I don't have either phone, but I was looking at getting the Omnia 2. However, here in South Africa, it looks like we'll be getting the HD2 before the Omnia 2, so that might sway my decision. People have gone through the various pros and cons of each phone, and to be honest, I am torn. The Omnia is a nicer size, and the screen looks amazing, and the camera is decent. However, the HD2 does seem to run Winmo very well, and HTC Sense/Manila is very good, and the capacitive screen, and 1Ghz processor, is future proof for Winmo 7 (if rumours are to be believed, the HD2 will get an upgrade to Winmo 7). So it's a hard call. Cell phone prices are quite high in South Africa, so whatever phone I get will have to last me for at least 18 months to 2 years. It's a hard call...

Guest tacchan23
Hi there,

I don't have either phone, but I was looking at getting the Omnia 2. However, here in South Africa, it looks like we'll be getting the HD2 before the Omnia 2, so that might sway my decision. People have gone through the various pros and cons of each phone, and to be honest, I am torn. The Omnia is a nicer size, and the screen looks amazing, and the camera is decent. However, the HD2 does seem to run Winmo very well, and HTC Sense/Manila is very good, and the capacitive screen, and 1Ghz processor, is future proof for Winmo 7 (if rumours are to be believed, the HD2 will get an upgrade to Winmo 7). So it's a hard call. Cell phone prices are quite high in South Africa, so whatever phone I get will have to last me for at least 18 months to 2 years. It's a hard call...

eh, it's difficult to choose^^

if the pros/cons are about the same for you, then maybe the actual deciding factors will be the time when they become available and the price (in some country there is not much difference between the two phones, in some other countries the differencs is not small)

If you *REALLY* wanna dump your i8000, then dump it to me please :-p thank you.

I like a phone, not a weapon (I'm talking about size)

Edited by secany

Guest FutureDirt

Interesting topic.

I chose the HD2 myself.... the things that swung it for me were the sheer size of the screen on the HD2 and the omission of the finger mouse on Omnia 2.

If the i8000 had included a finger mouse like the i900 i would have bought it no question.

This however, is before playing with either device.

Having now had my HD2 for about a week... there is no turning back. Easily the best device i have ever owned.

For those being put off by all of the reports of problems with the HD2... i havent had a single issue.... not one.

Even my camera doesnt have the pink splodgy thing problem... Plus this issue has now been confirmed as a software issue by HTC (NOT hardware) and a hotfix is on the way.

I was sceptical at first of the capacitive screen without a stylus.... (no stylus? on winmo?)... but my fears have been layed to rest as even editing the registry is now a breeze with finger friendly alternatives to a pointer.

Obviously the i8000 has alot to offer aswell.... the samsung camera will be miles better then HTC's for instance... but if someone offered me a swap right now, i'd keep the HD2 no question.

Guest gideon1975

For me, Omnia 2 all the way! :D

If I need a bigger screen or more powerful processor, I can use my 17" Acer notebook with 4GB RAM 2.0Ghz Core-2 Duo Processor... :(

What I'm getting at is that Omnia 2 has the ideal dimension for being 'handy' to carry around and use comfortably. Regardless of cellphone make or brand, once its size reaches a certain dimension, it loses its appeal and joins the ranks of tablet PCs...

Guest La Traviata
The camera is below par, video recording is kinda poor, the limited internal storage is a real bugger and the its sheer size does push the limits of user comfort.

This. I don't mind the size as I carry my phone in my handbag/briefcase, but as I wrote in the other thread, the thing that really puts me off the HD2 is the camera. Not too impressed with the internal storage either.

Guest ronalgps

hey guys like owner of omnia 2 I could wait for next omnia generation to I think to come in 2010

I hope to omnia 2 become onmia 3 reloader of something like that

ARM 1.5 G Hz

Amoled capacitative screen of something bester to htc2 i dont know if that can happen Amoled in capacitative of multi touch

best RAM

I really have my hoop in omnia series and i will not go back to htc no more

I dont hate htc but i dont like

so I keep omnia

Edited by ronalgps

If this question was in HTC-HD2 forum, will answers be the same ? :D

Of course I like my O² ... so much, that I've bought a second one !

I join secany arguments (full of them)

Edited by Yohng