Dust behind the screen!

Guest fliegergott

Guest Glakoymissss
<br /><br /><br />

can we have any photos of your solution?

thx

hi mate at this time im not gonna try that again as my phone is still clean at that area... if dust comes in again i shall take some pics to show them here.

Look the general idea is that you push a thick sharp object between the answer button and the screen.

you might wanna use a hairdryer to warm up a little bit that area cause the whole thing is held from a black foam like material with glue on it so warm(not heat!) is gonna soften it.

you start pushing upwards very very VERY smoothly! Till you expose your amoled.

Under the 8GB logo next to the earphone there is a small flexible cable extra carefull cause you might rip it.

I cleaned mine with a cloth for cleaning sunglases ...........Dont use paper etc...they leave more dust than you already could have..

hope i helped

i got 1 spot covering few pixels in the lower left corner too... also the lower left corner of the screen seems a bit detached and 'squeaky' when pressed..

do you guys have a screen protector installed?

I wonder if that would help with any dust, i know kida sounds stupid but work a try.

I have screen protector installed. It will not help as it does not cover the gaps.

i got 1 spot covering few pixels in the lower left corner too... also the lower left corner of the screen seems a bit detached and 'squeaky' when pressed..

Same case with me. When I first got my phone it was squeaky when I pressed on the lower right and lower left corner of the screen.

Guest Mario Bros.

same here i live in Thailand my OmniaII was from singapore

dust at lower left screen too :)

there is an instruction/picture from some website but it's too risky to open it without any proper tools+skill B)

plus it still can get in if we don't really figure out where/how the dust enter

Guest Glakoymissss

Thats where the problem is as i mentioned...i came up with this solution but also when i reattached the top cover i used a professional hairdryer to make the left side glue stick better than it was before by heating it a couple of min.

Anyway you dont have to be an expert just have a steady hand and patience..!Screenprotectors wont help they dont cover the edges of the screen as mentioned above...

Imo, the dust came from inside the phone itself. On mine, it looks like the dust "poofed" in from the lower left corner, but I'm never in a dusty environment. In my case, I notice it happened on a plane and figure the cabin pressure difference likely pushed on the seal and blew any loose specs of dust inside the phone into the screen. I still have not taken mine in to get fixed yet, but I have at least 100 specs on my screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed quite a bit of dust behind my screen too...only noticable when the screen is off but it still annoys me :D

Am based in the UK and bought the phone off Ebay, how do I go about getting it looked at under warranty as I have no idea how old the phone was or no idea of date of purchase...I'll also need to flash it with an official UK rom, just incase.

Exactly the same as the above, but for a temporary solution try puting a vacuum above the bottom left button! About 90% of the dust does diasppear.

Edited by lommy

Exactly the same as the above, but for a temporary solution try puting a vacuum above the bottom left button! About 90% of the dust does diasppear.

I have a bit of dust under my screen and as others said it clicked in the lower left, what I found was that by removing the back cover and the speaker section at the base of the phone that I could then pop out the keys on the front and have access to the bottom of the screen. I discovered that the screen sat flat without the buttons in and no longer clicked, after playing around a bit I discovered that the small plastic section on the bottom of the button was not sitting correctly and was putting pressure on the base of the screen lifting it slightly. The screen no longer gets dust underneath it and I believe that was the fix, although it might have been something else that I did in the process.

I should give the vacuum a try as there is still a little bit of dust underneath the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redoxy

I have the same problem here. I have lots o dust under my screen not just a small patch at the corner its as high up as to the middle of the screen.

I wonder if any other bell Cananda customer i having the same problem.

I called Samsung canada and they told me i should use a vacuumto suck it out. Or i can go to bell if its stil under warrenty.

Called Bell support and they also told me samsung doesn't cover that so there is nothing they can do.

I gues that marks the end of my romance with samsung.

this is definitely going to b the last product i buy from them.

Edited by redoxy

Guest jebise

well i have a bell omnia aswell been like 2 months i kept it in a leather holder and the phone stayed clean. Now i just keep it in my pocket and the phone gets dirty really fast and get hard to clean, but i don't think i have any dust under the screen i might can't tell with my scratched up screen protector.

Just a question where do you guys think the dust is coming from? do you think its wear the button and and the screen meet or someelse

Guest pavel1234546
well i have a bell omnia aswell been like 2 months i kept it in a leather holder and the phone stayed clean. Now i just keep it in my pocket and the phone gets dirty really fast and get hard to clean, but i don't think i have any dust under the screen i might can't tell with my scratched up screen protector.

Just a question where do you guys think the dust is coming from? do you think its wear the button and and the screen meet or someelse

Same here! LL corned is like open window in my room :-(

Guest zangen

Sounds like the lower left is the same for almost everyone, perhaps you should take the keys off at the bottom like I did and take look, its fairly easy to do.

Guest DunKnow
Sounds like the lower left is the same for almost everyone, perhaps you should take the keys off at the bottom like I did and take look, its fairly easy to do.

+1! It seems like dust have splashed into my bottom left hand corner of my screen.......Eeepppsss...

Guest kersey

Anyone know how easy it is to clean the inside of the screen yourself...don't really fancy battling with my local Samsung Service Centre to get it done and having to wait a week or so and being without a phone.

Really have a lot of specks at the bottom on the left plus a lot in the middle of the screen...have tried the vacum cleaner trick but no joy there <_<

Guest zangen

I wouldn't call it easy as its tricky in some areas knowing exactly where to press or what to disconnect to take parts out.

I would start by taking the back cover off and removing the back frame, to do this you need take the screws out and push out in the middle of the section where the battery sits. Then remove the speaker section from the by gently prying it up with a plastic lever from the bottom off the phone also disconnect the speak, once this is done you can easily push the buttons out through the front. You can now clearly see if there is anything holding the screen up in the lower left. In my case it was the buttons that were causing the screen to lift, once you sort this its not super difficult to slightly pry the screen up and then stick a vacuum on the bottom as you have good access to the base of the screen.

Worked for me and haven't had any dust get under since, had to do it a number of times to work out exactly why the buttons were causing it but wasn't too hard in the end.

Edited by zangen

Guest kersey
I wouldn't call it easy as its tricky in some areas knowing exactly where to press or what to disconnect to take parts out.

I would start by taking the back cover off and removing the back frame, to do this you need take the screws out and push out in the middle of the section where the battery sits. Then remove the speaker section from the by gently prying it up with a plastic lever from the bottom off the phone also disconnect the speak, once this is done you can easily push the buttons out through the front. You can now clearly see if there is anything holding the screen up in the lower left. In my case it was the buttons that were causing the screen to lift, once you sort this its not super difficult to slightly pry the screen up and then stick a vacuum on the bottom as you have good access to the base of the screen.

Worked for me and haven't had any dust get under since, had to do it a number of times to work out exactly why the buttons were causing it but wasn't too hard in the end.

Thanks for the reply...I may give it a very careful try myself as the hassle of having to give it to the service centre out ways a careful examination myself <_<

Thanks for the reply...I may give it a very careful try myself as the hassle of having to give it to the service centre out ways a careful examination myself <_<

As for me, I have the same problem with dusted screen. I went to service center (I live in Ukraine) and requested for a warranty repair. They said, that touchscreen replacement is needed and they can do this. But there is no any touchscreen for i8000 in Ukraine, so I need to wait for near a month, cause don't want to lose warranty, fixing the problem myself :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xaznxplaya

Anyone successfully made the dust goes out of the screen with that trick? I just noticed a good amount of dusts, lately. :S

Guest Hammanu666

Hey guys, after my local Bell store basicaly told me to go to hell, Someone forwarded this Pdf to me. So if you are going to take the digi off do it right DONT lift from the bottom corner It can crack easily!!

Credit For this Pdf goes to (meabigbaldguy) Thanks a ton man.

DisassemblyReassembly.pdf

Edited by Hammanu666

Guest xaznxplaya
Hey guys, after my local Bell store basicaly told me to go to hell, Someone forwarded this Pdf to me. So if you are going to take the digi off do it right DONT lift from the bottom corner It can crack easily!!

Credit For this Pdf goes to (meabigbaldguy) Thanks a ton man.

Just curious what'd Bell tell you? I was hesiting to go to the store as well knowing them careless as they're. Btw thnx for the pdf