Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Yes, I tried your room Steff, 28002 is just the phone, I like how it works. keep up the good Master.

should be modified keyboard that, that is to get rid of it.

Guest steff195
steph plz is it possible to include another player? if it is a freeware ...thank you

Please, don't mind, but I tried to leave it as standard as it could be, and let each user install afterwards what one wants. If I put one program there, you might like it, but others maybe don't... that's why I chose this method.

Guest ibabyface
hi steff195, can u also remove bing, wm live messenger, msn money, my phone,windows live, msn weather and samsung original keypad and leave only the MS default keyboard?

+1 on that.

would love to see a super clean rom.

=)

Guest steff195

Yes, but I made on purpose the change in order to have the icons small, because the big icons look good (I mean the Windows ones), but all of the Samsung icons look blurry... and not quite HD.

Guest jmsmartins
What? :D

@jmsmartins: thanks bro'!

you're wellcome. i'm willing to give one of your roms a try but i'll wait for one of the next releases

c u around

Guest Selim YUKSEL
Hi Steff195,

I have just downloaded your file hoping that it will move my omnia i900 up to the plane WinMo 6.5.3 world.

Because I'm completely new in these woods, I've no choice but ask you some very silly questions:

- Your cooked versions will work with any free Spanish omnia i900, right ??

- If so, where should a go and/or read on how to start flashing that ROM ??

- I guess I need to download some other files for the flashing, right ??

- I use Win 7 in this machine, my laptop has Win Vista, but I think I read long ago that it is "compulsory" to use Win XP. Is it ??

-yes you can flash it

-h t c s p a i n . c o m , you ll find spanish roms and information about flash rom

-You dont need any programs for flash it. Only you have to install Omnia drivers of your OS.

-I recommended xp(OS) for flash roms.

-yes you can flash it

-h t c s p a i n . c o m , you ll find spanish roms and information about flash rom

-You dont need any programs for flash it. Only you have to install Omnia drivers of your OS.

-I recommended xp(OS) for flash roms.

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I'll take a look at htcspain.com for the instructions on flashing ROMs using WinXP, yet I want my ROM to be in English.

I know the cooked versions will probably contain/face some bugs (e.g., mouse button) due to their nature, so my question is: Is there any official (Vodaf..) English ROM available out there for the Omnia i900 ??

Can one survive with those bugs so far exist in the cooked versions ?? Is is worth to leave the safe official ROM's world ??

Thanks once again for you time and help,

Ph.

Guest steff195

Update on first page:

- fixed camera video shooting problem observed in previous releases;

- removed: WindowsLive, WMMoneyWidget, WMWeatherWidget, WMWidgets;

- tried to remove Samsung Keyboard but got error at boot, so I let it be;

- removed Samsung Data Manager from Omnia 2 (I thought to leave the rom as clean as it can be);

- gained few extra free mb;

- links updated.

Some feedback please... and don't forget to support.. :D

Guest steff195

Are you kidding me? You quote all the screenshots and you don't see them? :D

Updating links... I've noticed that in hurry I deleted the Operator Settings.exe and it didn't work in the versions updated today. So, come back in a while... :(

@Phoebo: yes it will work, but you'll have it in english, as my roms are in english.

In order to flash a new rom, you have to do this:

1. You have to use an XP pc.

2. You have to install Samsung Modem Drive, and restart your pc.

3. Your phone should be charged, or at least 50%.

4. Once done, you should run the downloaded file, connect your phone, and soft reset from the tiny hole, moment in which your Start button (in the installer) will be enabled. Press start and it's started. Do not touch anything until you see the "Job Done" message.

Congratulations, you have now installed a new 6.5.3. rom. :D

Note: If anything goes wrong, try to not lose it and restart the whole process with patience and calm.

Thanks once again.

Does the flashing procedure work also from within a virtual XP environment ??

Have a nice day you and the rest of the gang,

Ph.

Guest Jatokun
Yeah, I said in my previous post, I'm fixing some problems and updating links. :(

So, please, bear with me!

Oh... I DIDN'T see what you did there ;)

Sorry... My bad :D

Guest steff195

Links updated and problems solved! :D New mirrors tomorrow... tonight I'm exhausted. :(

In the meantime I removed some more programs: Voice Command, Microsoft Tags, Marketplace.

Edited by steff195