Steff195's roms! UPDATE 22.11.2011: 23153 Normal/Lite!

Guest steff195

Guest steff195

WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5.X. CUSTOM ROMS BY STEFF195

(USE THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

EDIT: 23153 Normal/Lite released!

I cooked for myself the latest build that was out some weeks ago, so I decided to cook some roms for you too guys, to enjoy this latest build. The changes are not too many this time, the most important is the new build. Enjoy!

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges since last versions:

- latest build 23153;

- included the .flac support for Nitrogen tha I provided here before this roms;

- modified the startup/shutdown animation; it's no longer oval shaped :) ;

- gave the roms a new sleek look by modifying the wallpapers and the default theme.

- some other things that I might have forgotten. :D

Memory figures:

Normal: 128.44 / 51.85

Lite: 156.43 / 52.74

68986195.png

1271317104folderapollon.pngDownload:

23153 Normal for Windows 7

23153 Normal for Windows XP

23153 Lite for Windows 7

23153 Lite for Windows XP

EDIT 26.07.2011: 29020 V2 Normal/Lite released!

ROM DESCRIPTION:

First of all, this 2nd version follows the line of the 1st released version (details below), and that would be to revert as much I could to the original Windows Mobile Look (but with some improvements here and there) and thus to have some sort of Windows Mobile legacy, as it's getting to its end.

As usual, I cook 2 versions of my roms:

1. Normal version: a complete rom, for those who want to have a more functional rom, with everything needed included...

2. Lite version: it contains the same tweaks as the Normal version, but some apps were not cooked in, to let users install their favorite ones; so, remaining memory is bigger. I tried not to remove too much, like in the case of Ultra Lite roms (cooked by other chefs), because I wanted to leave the roms functional, and removing too much could have affected functionality.

!!! Apps marked in red (below) are not cooked in the Lite version.

Memory:

Normal:

130 MB / 53.00 MB (which can be increased with about 10 mb if you disable phone skin from registry)

Lite:

156.66 MB / 53.47 MB (which can be increased with about 10 mb if you disable phone skin from registry)

Included apps (Normal version contains all of them, the red ones are not included in the Lite roms):

- Adobe Reader LE;

- Advanced Configuration Tool;

- e_Natives Technology Showcase Suite;

- CW7 lockscreen;

- XDA_UC apps auto installer (you can see a sample of this program running while installing Samsung_Test_3G right after first boot; details about how you can use this in the bottom of this post);

- Google Maps;

- JBed Java;

- JWMD Icon Changer;

- Movie Editor;

- Nitrogen audio player;

- Obex Inbox (for bluetooth);

- Samsung Omnia keyboard (with grey skin);

- Samsung FM Radio;

- Samsung Data Manager (from Omnia Lite);

- Shake and Save (for screenshots taking);

- Smart Converter;

- TCPMP video player (with subtitle support);

- Torch Button (flashlight);

- World Clock;

- Shutdown (app to reset phone);

- Youtube app;

- Omnia Lite dialer (especially for video calls);

- Omnia Lite Phonebook;

- Omnia Lite Call Log;

- Livven theme (default);

- Aerostyle theme;

- Classic Blue theme (Windows standard theme);

Tweaks (for both versions):

- audio boost;

- 10% battery;

- bluetooth icon notifier;

- Ahen battery enhancement;

- Ftouch SL driver for better touch sensitivity;

- Internet Explorer fix;

- ClearType tweak;

- Obex Inbox fix;

- physics engine fix (for scrolling);

- some speed hacks;

- Titanium fix for landscape mode to show correctly;

- volumes fix (audio levels are set at the recommended levels; if you want to modify these though, run Soundtester.exe from /Windows);

- custom startup/shutdown animations;

- custom sounds;

- standard icons for the standard Windows apps;

- custom icons for cooked apps;

- standard build welcomehead;

- some useless icons are hidden, some deleted;

- audio files are associated with Nitrogen; Nitrogen will not launch from Titanium menu though;

- video files are associated to TCPMP player;

- custom skins for Nitrogen;

- custom skin for TCPMP;

- custom backgrounds;

... and the list may go on, but it may get bigger... :D

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges:

- The disturbing Error Reporting folder generated in My Device after sending an sms is no longer generated;

- restored the standard WinMo welcomehead, which I told you I forgot to change in the previous version;

- changed boot/shutdown sound with a quieter and simple one;

- added GPS Extra initially left out in the previous version;

- some icons changed;

- some cleaning and other minor things... ;)

For screenshots, have a look at the previous version of these roms (29020) , they look pretty much the same, with some small modifications.

1271317104folderapollon.png

29020 Normal for Windows 7 Mirror Mandrake Mirror

29020 V2 Normal for Windows XP Mirror Mandrake Mirror

29020 V2 Lite for Windows 7 Mirror Mandrake Mirror

29020 V2 Lite for Windows XP Mirror Mandrake Mirror

EDIT 06.05.2011: 29020 Normal/Lite released! Windows CE: 5.2 Build 6213 (12 April 2011 15:50:03)

Hi again!

After some time I decided to cook some 2 new roms, the initial idea was to cook some WinDroid roms with the files provided by ssi42 HERE, but I dealt with some problems: the dialer couldn’t make video calls anymore, the dialer’s landscape mode wasn’t skinned as an Android one (only portrait mode), the start menu landscape mode had also some problems... and these are the errors that I remember only... So, knowing myself as a perfectionist guy, I couldn’t release such roms.

So, afterwards, since I found out that some people over xda-developers (and not only) stated that there might not be newer builds out for Windows Mobile 6.5.x., an idea came through my mind to make some Windows Mobile roms as standard as they can be done... to remember Windows Mobile as it was, something like a Windows Mobile legacy. :D You get the idea. In the following lines you will find out the changes that have been made this time; for the roms general recipe (what they contain and what they don’t) I suggest you read the 21686 roms description (in the first version description).

For the changes made this time read below:

1271317131infoboxblue.png

- changed startup/shutdown animation, sounds, wallpaper;

- edited shellres.96.dll so the Windows start icon from the toolbar will not appear white in some contexts (e.g.: when in today screen and Titanium or other today screen is not selected);

- imported customer.csc files and registry settings, so customer.csc is no longer needed;

- changed the start menu icons with the original Windows icons, so Windows can have the original look;

- also changed the Omnia specific settings icons with some Android style ones, since there weren’t no Windows Mobile style available and I couldn’t leave the old ones, because they were Windows 7 (desktop) style. But with this icons already cooked in one may design its Android style rom, for example, if he wants to;

- reverted to the original toolbar symbols when in start menu or under settings (I mean the back/forth arrows, ok sign, close, lock);

- changed the cooked in applications’ icons with some Android-ish ones.

- the wallpapers are now stwater....jpg instead of default_stwater....gif, for a better picture quality with no gradient lines;

- changed the semi-transparent start menu background image with a more transparent one;

- device restarts faster after XDA_UC finishes the applications installation process;

- added a Metro Nitrogen skin created by ock (many thanks for sharing) from HERE; edited it so now you have the elapsed/remaining time (under the album art, in the left and right); I also introduced some hidden buttons (under the both times) so in the left you have the EQ and in the right you have the Minimize button, for they were missing in the initial release; changed the artist/song font size and color, reversed their position; also changed the menus’/submenus’ icons, fonts and colors with the ones in the Iphone skin previously included in my roms; this Iphone skin is still present, but you’ll have to select it from menu if you preffer it;

- did some file cleaning, so a few more mb's are available, since last roms;

- did some registry cleaning;

- it might be something else too, but I don’t remember right now. :D

wallpapermxv.jpg

1271317104folderapollon.pngDownload

29020 Normal for Windows 7 Mirror Mirror

29020 Normal for Windows XP Mirror Mirror Mirror

29020 Lite for Windows 7 Mirror Mirror

29020 Lite for Windows XP Mirror Mirror Mirror

P.S.: Remember, customer.csc file not needed this time (if you flash from Windows 7. In XP flashing the exe file was already modified. :D )

Mirrors are appreciated this time also!

Enjoy!

EDIT 18.12.2010: 21686 Normal/Lite released! Build (3597) (Sep162010 15:43:53)

Hi guys again!

Here I am with some new roms, but this time I want to present to you a rom's brief description, since lots of things changed from a rom to another, and until now I wrote down only the changes.

I found it that it seemes easier for the person who comes to this thread and have a 1st look to know what these roms are about. :D

Note: I don't cook M2Dv2 roms, but for those of you who like a M2Dv2 rom, I added in the bottom of this post the complete M2Dv2 and customizer package plus a little guide, so you can install it yourself. :D So, this way everybody's happy!

21686 Normal

Contains (brief):

- XDA_UC support for automatic cabs installation after flashing (you can see a sample of this program running while installing Samsung_Test_3G right after first boot; details about how you can use this in the bottom of this post);

- DXIA5 OEM files;

- Aerostyle theme to match the rom look (beside the default Livven one);

- Adobe Reader 2.5. LE;

- Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3.;

- HTC Calculator;

- CW7 Lockscreen;

- Showcase Suite 1.1.0.;

- Google Maps 4.1.1.;

- JBed Java:

- Movie Editor:

- Nitrogen player (with black Iphone skin modified by me);

- Samsung Omnia keyboard with grey skin;

- Samsung FM Radio;

- Samsung Omnia Lite Data Manager;

- Shake and Save;

- TCPMP (with Iphone skin + subtitles support);

- Torch Button (flashlight);

- World CLock (+alarm);

- Shutdown app (with some modifications);

Tweaks (brief):

- black dialer skin;

- 10 % battery display;

- Bluetooth Icon notifier;

- Win 7 start menu icons;

- Ahen battery enhancement;

- touch tweaks to increase the responsiveness;

- Internet Explorer fix;

- Obex Inbox + fix;

- scroll fix (physics engine);

- speed hacks;

- titanium fix;

- adjusted system volume levels to the recommended ones; (Soundtester still present under /Windows for further adjustments);

- some registry fixes;

- other things I can't remember right now.

1271317131infoboxblue.pngChanges:

- fixed the CW7 lockscreen; changed hour font and modified the hour/date position (to center);

- reverted to that Windows Phone scribble animation, but I edited it to remain only Windows writing and icon, without Phone, since I told you I kinda dislike the new OS;

- changed the welcome screen with the one in the first screenshot;

- readded poutlook.lnk in Startup, as I noticed some problems with Outlook since that.

- did some registry cleaning.

- also modified some installing paths for Smart Converter and TCPMP (renamed theme files from italian to english)

- some other things that cannot be seen but may be felt when using the phone. :D

Free space: 127.5mb/61mb

Screenshots:

pozal.png

21686 Normal for Windows 7 Rapidshare mirror Mandrake mirror

21686 Normal for Windows XP Rapidshare mirror Mandrake mirror

Mirrors are appreciated this time also!

Enjoy!

21686 Lite

Exactly the same as the Normal version, minus these:

- Adobe reader LE;

- Advanced Configuration Tool;

- Google Maps;

- jBed;

- JWMD Icon Changer;

- Movie Editor;

- Nitrogen;

- Samsung Keyboard;

- Shake and Save;

- Smart Converter;

- TCPMP;

- World Clock;

- Shutdown;

- Youtube.

Free Space: 155.50mb/62.25mb

21686 Lite for Windows 7 Rapidshare mirror Mandrake mirror

21686 Lite for Windows XP Rapidshare mirror Mandrake mirror

Mirrors are appreciated this time also! Big thanks to Mandrake333 who provided his mirrors once more! ;)

Enjoy!

................................................................................

1271317131infoboxblue.pngUseful tips! (more soon...)

(I wrote these here, 'cause I noticed many users asking this over and over again):

As you noticed I decided not to cook M2Dv2 roms, but here's M2DV2 complete package and customizer, so you can install it by yourself.

Using XDA_UC to install programs automatically:

XDA UC is a brilliant way of installing all your usual cabs after a flash using mort script. The process is fully automatic and requires no user intervention (unless you want to install onto My storage/ Storage card). It will commence a few seconds after starting up and MUST NOT BE INTERRUPTED. Read more about it HERE.

This is how to do it:

1. Create a XDA_UC folder on the root of your storage card. In this folder, copy all the cabs you want to have installed onto the main memory.

2. If you want to install onto My Storage/ Storage card, then in the XDA_UC folder, create a folder called SD. In this folder, place all the cabs that want to install onto Storage card/ My Storage. You will have the option where to install them. Please note, if you install a cab that needs restarting after install (e.g Office), DO NOT restart, wait until everything’s installed and then restart manually (You will get a message when it’s all done).

If, for some reson the system hangs, just see what cab(s) causes that and move it into that SD folder that allows you to input your options.

- if you wanna get rid of those stripes when installing cabs or in certain menus, you have to go to Settings/Home and select between themes.

If anyone wanna help and mirror these files, I would appreciate it... ;)

Also, if you're happy with my work, feel free to donate and respect it. ;)

Original_Start_Icons.rar

Edited by steff195

Guest Tracian

Well come!

I tested ur ROM-s and are great...also u can mention it u didn`t change the version of ROM in case of bricking of the phone.Touch is very smooth and i can forget about the f...n stylus.

Keep it going.......u`re doing great job.

Guest steff195

I forgot to mention, the phone part is not included.

Another thing... on Version tab you have DXIA5/DXIA5, so in case you brick your phone, the service guys might think you had the official version installed... so you could get away with it. :D

hi steff195, can u also remove bing, wm live messenger, msn money, my phone,windows live, msn weather and samsung original keypad and leave only the MS default keyboard?

Best ROM by now for ours OMNIA in my opinion. Best screen sensitivity. Best memory.

More space on device if u can.

Wait for more builds, maybe 28009... :D :( ;)

Edited by dadme

Guest dan77net

I'm happy to see your work. GREAT !!!

I'll try it this night...

I ask you, if you can do it... to remove the keyboards because everyone love a kind of keyb, so anyone can install his keyboard. (a lot of memory)

(i love HTC Keyb)

Thank you, and WELCOME MASTER ! :D

ESTI TARE !

Edited by dan77net

Hi Steff195,

I have just downloaded your file hoping that it will move my omnia i900 up to the plane WinMo 6.5.3 world.

Because I'm completely new in these woods, I've no choice but ask you some very silly questions:

- Your cooked versions will work with any free Spanish omnia i900, right ??

- If so, where should a go and/or read on how to start flashing that ROM ??

- I guess I need to download some other files for the flashing, right ??

- I use Win 7 in this machine, my laptop has Win Vista, but I think I read long ago that it is "compulsory" to use Win XP. Is it ??

I dare quite a lot with PC's and OS's, but regarding a PDA and WinMo, please treat me as I am, a knows-nothing-person.

Ignorance is a heavy stone in my path, specially because I don't want to brick my beloved device...

Thanks in advance,

Ph.

Guest Daro.UK
hi steff195, can u also remove bing, wm live messenger, msn money, my phone,windows live, msn weather and samsung original keypad and leave only the MS default keyboard?

I dont mind any MS software, but Samsung keyboard should be as option only (cab) as it shitty. Try to make any smiles in a message for example - annoying as hell.

D.

Guest tingchung_chin
I'm happy to see your work. GREAT !!!

I'll try it this night...

I ask you, if you can do it... to remove the keyboards because everyone love a kind of keyb, so anyone can install his keyboard. (a lot of memory)

(i love HTC Keyb)

Thank you, and WELCOME MASTER ! :D

ESTI TARE !

+1 to remove SS keyboard :( ;) :D

Guest steff195

Ok, I'll try to answer all of you. :D

@dadme: notes is removed, but you can find it in the Office folder on Start Menu.

@spin_x: ok.

@tingchung_chin: I'll try to remove it.

@Daro.UK: ok, I'll do it in my next release.

@Phoebo: yes it will work, but you'll have it in english, as my roms are in english.

In order to flash a new rom, you have to do this:

1. You have to use an XP pc.

2. You have to install Samsung Modem Drive, and restart your pc.

3. Your phone should be charged, or at least 50%.

4. Once done, you should run the downloaded file, connect your phone, and soft reset from the tiny hole, moment in which your Start button (in the installer) will be enabled. Press start and it's started. Do not touch anything until you see the "Job Done" message.

Congratulations, you have now installed a new 6.5.3. rom. :(

Note: If anything goes wrong, try to not lose it and restart the whole process with patience and calm.