OmniaII and Titanium Panels Easy Way

Hi Shemmy! I've tried your Taskanium CAB and it shows OK but there are a couple of bugs I think in the app. After creating a task, then forever there's one task ever showing in the list, even after I delete it, mark it completed, soft reset, etc; whatever I do it still shows.

And also, I didn't see any number indicator about current tasks due today.

Is there a problem with the WVGA screen? Is there a problem with the Omnia II I8000L? Does your Omnia 2 works OK with the plugin?

Thanks, please let me know.

• 1 month later...
Guest Corki2
For those of you struggling to add panels to the i920, go to Marketplace and search for "home screen", and download Home Screen Customizer. It will allow you to add many of the panels that you are missing.

Hi everyone. Thanks for this thread. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my panels working properly.

I was using the Home Screen Customizer from Marketplace, but I kept getting boot up errors, "Windows can't find this or that file.." I finally found someone else who had posted the same boot up errors and he had traced it to the apps panel in Home Screen Customizer. Sure enough, when I removed the apps panel, the errors went away. I have an i920. I did a hard reset, then installed the Mortscript, Editor, etc from this thread and everything is working perfectly now. I installed, fav people, titanium weather, windows live, clinks and notifications.

Guest Alex K.S.Lim
it seems not working on cooked ROM...anyone run this on ultra lite rom?

Same to me.

I am using JD3 Lite ROM (WinMo 6.5.3)

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-lite-20100420/

which Titanium is not included by default, but provided with a seperated cab.

I installed all and followed Asus535's instructions accordingly.

goto Settings-->Display and Light-->Items on Today. Uncheck "Samsung WidgetPlus" and "Windows Default"

See an empty Today screen.

install CHome Editor V1.6Beta and Titanium Notification from the file Samsung version.rar in my first post.

Look at screenshots in post #1. Use CHome Editor to sequence plugins.

goto Settings-->Display and Light-->Items on Today and check "Windows Default"

But the Titanium Notification panel doesn't show at today screen.

Any idea?

Edited by Alex K.S.Lim

• 2 months later...
Guest asus535

I updated my post #3 to include Titanium Full Screen WVGA by sv0911: Link

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=59998

There are important things:

1- Use my cabinet file downloaded from my post #3, and use sv0911 Fullscreen downloaded (15 MB folder in \Storage Card) his post #1

2- Edit your \Windows\SPlugins_480x800.cpr file so that 3rd line is included as below, before installation of my cabinet.

<Form>

<Image ID="Background" Opacity="1.0" Top="-52" Width="480" Height="800" Source="ConfettiPlus::WallpaperBitmap" />

<Image ID="Background" Opacity="1.0" Top="-33" Width="480" Height="800" Source="\Windows\titaniumweather.png"/>
3- Make sure that \Windows\SPlugins_480x800.cpr's file attribute is not read only before installing cabinet to prevent getting an error report during installation 4- You may need to install sdkcertsnew2015, as he stated in his first post There were shortcomings of his installation, which I changed 1- I prefer editing SPlugins_480x800.cpr file instead of copying a pre-edited Titanium_480x800.cpr file (for cooked roms as sv0911 did) to \windows folder 2- I changed "\My Storage" to "\Storage Card" in last lines of TitaniumWeather.mscr of his installer:
Sub FullscreenWeather

Fullnumber = RegRead ("HKLM","Software\Microsoft\CHome\TitaniumWeather\Page1","CurrentIcon")

Fullnumber = SubStr(Fullnumber, -6)

Copy("\My Storage\Fullscreen\" & Fullnumber ,"\Windows\titaniumweather.png",TRUE)

RedrawToday

EndSub

Edited by asus535

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nalpt

Hi,

I've installed Chome and a few panels ATFave contacts, Ccomm, Clauncher, and I get error on screen below. The error occurs with clauncher and ccom (notifications and fave people are fine - weather never worked on i900 and have not tried the weather files in this thread). Chome and the panels still run perfectly on my omnia i900, using Tarils 6.5 rom for omnia, in English. My rom is in portuguese, so I've edited in the register the "Program Files" to localized PT "Programas", with no success.

Mortscript is 4.2, rom is CSC XSODXIJ1, wm6.5 21863

Can anyone help?

Thanks

post-457437-1280931485_thumb.jpg

Guest nalpt
how do i get the titanium plugins go to samsung prorams insted of windows programs?

i need it for CMyPhotos, CText and CMusic

You're have a lot of stars :) , so this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but it my be helpfull to someone else: Stext and Smusic, also Scalender and a couple of others I don't remember appear in the Chome configurator. Cmyphotos or sometrhing similar doesn't.

Guest speedfrog
You're have a lot of stars :) , so this probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but it my be helpfull to someone else: Stext and Smusic, also Scalender and a couple of others I don't remember appear in the Chome configurator. Cmyphotos or sometrhing similar doesn't.

i dont have the S-plugins, i cant see them in chome editor

Guest Omega Ra
i dont have the S-plugins, i cant see them in chome editor

I think you need the patched Chome Editor, or get the home screen customizer from the marketplace.

Guest nalpt
I think you need the patched Chome Editor, or get the home screen customizer from the marketplace.

But aren't the Splugins standard issue in Samsungs 6.5 roms? I thought they were.

Speedfrog, are you using a custom rom, stripped of Samsungs apps, and so Chome Editor doesn't show them?

Guest speedfrog
But aren't the Splugins standard issue in Samsungs 6.5 roms? I thought they were.

Speedfrog, are you using a custom rom, stripped of Samsungs apps, and so Chome Editor doesn't show them?

im using my own rom there i didnt remove chome

Edited by speedfrog

Guest wicked.ludicrous

For my Titanium Weather panel, I'm getting all red X marks, but some locations are working.... I think I figured out how to change them but before that, how do I get rid of the X marks? It said before when I tried pushing on them that I was missing something. I have Mortscript installed, so no worries there.

Do I need ATPluginInstaller.exe? For some reason, in the links provided in post #1, ATPluginInstaller.exe isn't extracted, just the CHome editor and Titanium notification... Could anyone provide me with a dl for that?

Regarding my weather problem, would it just be better to install to My Device? I currently have everything installed on my SD card, but from what I've read, some people had success by installing on their device. Or am I missing something?

Guest asus535

ATPluginInstaller.exe is in the cabinet files, you don't need to extract or incorporate it. As a note, all of the cabinet (installer) files in this thread includes my modified

installer. If want to convert a plugin, you may use one of them.

Yes, you need to install plugins to memory. For the weather plugin, you may try to copy picture folder of it from sd card to main memory (find the correct folder). Ä°f plugin can't find pictures, then uses red X's.

For my Titanium Weather panel, I'm getting all red X marks, but some locations are working.... I think I figured out how to change them but before that, how do I get rid of the X marks? It said before when I tried pushing on them that I was missing something. I have Mortscript installed, so no worries there.

Do I need ATPluginInstaller.exe? For some reason, in the links provided in post #1, ATPluginInstaller.exe isn't extracted, just the CHome editor and Titanium notification... Could anyone provide me with a dl for that?

Regarding my weather problem, would it just be better to install to My Device? I currently have everything installed on my SD card, but from what I've read, some people had success by installing on their device. Or am I missing something?

Edited by asus535

Guest HAL_9000

There is no reason to solve Titanium on Omnia 2. Because Twu2 posted in his ROM JE2 Lite working CHome cab. If you install it, than you can run every additional panels as on HTC devices! SPlugins file is there replaced by standard Titanium CPR file. No more special changes are needed. :)

Guest wicked.ludicrous

Awesome. Working very well.

I thought I read somewhere someone had figured out how to get rid of that blank screen space between the first panel and the top of the screen. To see what I'm referring to, just roll to the very top of Titanium and that big blank space is what I'm talking about. Is there a way to get rid of this (on the bottom as well)?

Asus535, is using the modified CHome Editor supposed to enable us to add custom Panels to Titanium withour having to modify the Splugins? I've installed many of the panels in this thread and they rwork fine but I still lack the ability to add custom panels.

They show up as 'registered' in Chome but just don't appear when I enable Titanium

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Guest asus535

custom panels in this thread have my modified atplugininstaller.exe

you need a specific program to replace ATPluginInstaller.exe to every cabinet (installer) file of custom panel.

ATPluginInstaller.exe copies lines from default.plg to Titanium_480x800.cpr, and mine copies lines from default.plg to SPlugins_480x800.cpr during installation process.

Asus535, is using the modified CHome Editor supposed to enable us to add custom Panels to Titanium withour having to modify the Splugins? I've installed many of the panels in this thread and they rwork fine but I still lack the ability to add custom panels.

They show up as 'registered' in Chome but just don't appear when I enable Titanium

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Actually I mean that I can't see the panels I add by using "Create a New Panel" in CHome and not via the cabinet files of a custom panel downloaed from elsewhere.

When I "Create a Panel" from within Chome (your modified version) I don't see these on Titanium after enabling it. I have Mortscript installed but I don;t think I need it if I'm just creating a single panel on my own from within CHome.

Am I missing something in my setup or is there something wring with my Splugins cpr file? I'm using the stock ROM and I've even tried creating panels after hard resetting my phone to ensure a clean system

Your method -- with the exception of my inablility to create my own panel -- is much simpler than having to overwrite the Splugins file every time.

Am I missing something else in my set up?

custom panels in this thread have my modified atplugininstaller.exe

you need a specific program to replace ATPluginInstaller.exe to every cabinet (installer) file of custom panel.

ATPluginInstaller.exe copies lines from default.plg to Titanium_480x800.cpr, and mine copies lines from default.plg to SPlugins_480x800.cpr during installation process.

Edited by bobor

Guest asus535

I already answered that.

let us assume, you find a new panel on xda site. You installed it, but didn't appeared on the screen. Because, it is not properly installed. For a proper installation, some lines of code must be copied to default cpr file. Only my ATPluginInstaller.exe (must be in the cabinet file) copies code to Splugins cpr file for i8000.

I don't know how CHome editor see them. Maybe it looks at registry to find panels, and finds all. But windows look at SPlugins cpr (in i8000) to display, but they've written to Titanium cpr file during installation process.

Am I missing something else in my set up?

You need to replace every ATPluginInstaller.exe file with mine to install your own panels. And please share them with us, and I'll post them to the post #2

Edited by asus535

So we can't set up panels using Showaco's Chome Editor like this? --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9BeJ78-K0I

I don't intend on making an any fancy panel cabs, just want to be able to use Chome editor to make simple panels with links to certain apps of my own choosing

What started the confusion was that I was actually able to use Chome Editor in the same way the video shows before my recent hard reset. That is, I was able to set-up panels and have them appear without having to copy and paste Titanium/SPlugin cpr files. Using your patched Chome didn't work either (although the patched cab panels like CLaunch DO appear). I don't know what I did to enable this before

I've even tried installing WM7 and Bliss themes and then using CHome but the panels still don't appear.

I already answered that.

let us assume, you find a new panel on xda site. You installed it, but didn't appeared on the screen. Because, it is not properly installed. For a proper installation, some lines of code must be copied to default cpr file. Only my ATPluginInstaller.exe (must be in the cabinet file) copies code to Splugins cpr file for i8000.

I don't know how CHome editor see them. Maybe it looks at registry to find panels, and finds all. But windows look at SPlugins cpr (in i8000) to display, but they've written to Titanium cpr file during installation process.

You need to replace every ATPluginInstaller.exe file with mine to install your own panels. And please share them with us, and I'll post them to the post #2

Edited by bobor

Does any know or can anyone make a Titanium Panel for Pocket Player 4 and have the music options (controls) show in the panel? I thought it would be nice to control my music from the Today screen.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest adrianjordan
I needed to change some policy on the registy to be able to overwrite files inside \windows, then now it is fine, I've tested a lot of plugins and only CHome is working for me.

Digiclock is not working, would be great to have any big clock working on I8000 Titanium.

Best regards

Sorry, but how did you change de policy, and witchs??

Thanks