SPB Mobile Shell omnia 2

hello everyone, I have a doubt, I installed SPB Mobile Shell on my samsung omnia ll but the carousel does not work as the accelerometer someone knows how to solve this?

Guest bratboo

Download HTCSensorSDK.dll and install it to your Omnia 2. SBP Mobile Shell works perfectly on my omnia 2 and got no problem with carousel. BTW my WinMo v is 6.5.

Download HTCSensorSDK.dll and install it to your Omnia 2. SBP Mobile Shell works perfectly on my omnia 2 and got no problem with carousel. BTW my WinMo v is 6.5.

where can I find and how to install it?

thanks ;)

where can I find and how to install it?

thanks ;)

Here you go! Unrar attached file and copy that DLL file in \windows directory of your Omnia II

HTCSensorSDK.dll.rar

Edited by iWiNMo

Here you go! Unrar attached file and copy that DLL file in \windows directory of your Omnia II

can you explain step by step how to install HTCSensorSDK.dll in omnia 2 plz ;)

Guest Piter1225
Unrar attached file and copy that DLL file in \windows directory of your Omnia II

can you explain step by step how to install HTCSensorSDK.dll in omnia 2 plz ;)

That's all you need.

copy the zip file to that folder?

I hope you have already installed either of WinRar or WinZip or even 7-Zip on you PC!

0: Connect your Omnia II to your PC/Laptop,..

1: Download attached files ( HTCSensorSDK.dll.rar)

2: Right click on HTCSensorSDK.dll.rar and select the appropriate command [i.e. Extract files (WinRar)]

3: Copy that file (Right click on file select COPY)

4: Go to the Windows directory of your Omnia II by using windows explorer

5: Right click somewhere blank in that directory and select PASTE

6: Softreset/reboot/restart/turn-it-OFF-then-ON your Omnia II

7: ;)

Guest dwallersv

Are you guys saying that with the HTC dll the cool new orientation graphical movements of the carousel WORK on the O2? Like shown in the MS3 video on SPB's product page??!?!?

I though this simply wasn't working on the O2 at all, and needed some work by SPB to make use of the O2 graphics accelerator.

I hope you have already installed either of WinRar or WinZip or even 7-Zip on you PC!

0: Connect your Omnia II to your PC/Laptop,..

1: Download attached files ( HTCSensorSDK.dll.rar)

2: Right click on HTCSensorSDK.dll.rar and select the appropriate command [i.e. Extract files (WinRar)]

3: Copy that file (Right click on file select COPY)

4: Go to the Windows directory of your Omnia II by using windows explorer

5: Right click somewhere blank in that directory and select PASTE

6: Softreset/reboot/restart/turn-it-OFF-then-ON your Omnia II

7: ;)

copy the HTCSensorSDK.dll for psat (my memory) but not the omnia has nothing ;)

copy the HTCSensorSDK.dll for psat (my memory) but not the omnia has nothing ;)

My bad, use ActiveSync or Resco File Explorere or Total Commander to copy that DLL file

My bad, use ActiveSync or Resco File Explorere or Total Commander to copy that DLL file

I'm using Windows Mobile Device Center just copy the file to a place any omni?

Guest costipl

Not any place, but the \Windows folder on the OmniaII - what's there not to understand?

The folder is accesible both via ActiveSync on XP and Mobile Device Center on Vista/Win7 - just open My Computer, then double-click the OmniaII icon, the go to main storage (may be labeled simply as "\", without the quotes), then open the Windows folder.

If you don't see it, click Tools->Folder Options, go to the View tab and uncheck "hide protected system files".

Also, make sure your phone's USB mode is set to ActiveSync and not USB Mass Storage.

Edited by costipl

Installed it. Rebooted. No difference.

What was I supposed to see? I click the carousel, works the same as before -- no fancy accelerometer action.

Another file and a registry edit is needed, a least for the i920: Verizon Forums Post #1582

Guest dwallersv
@_RM_ - strange, on my i8000 the WIndows folder is on the main storage, labeled \, not on My Memory.

Cut him some slack... I'm pretty sure it was simply a typo.

Guest LittleMonster
Another file and a registry edit is needed, a least for the i920: Verizon Forums Post #1582

I got the files installed and the carousel works ok, just wondering is it supposed to tilt without you spinning it? I have tried to get it to move with the phone but it doesn't. It will only spin for about a second. And unlike last time, now when i tap on the screen which i wanted to go to (example Contacts), it will not not go into it.

Guest dwallersv

Thanks! That did it -- almost. I am getting the cool 3D OGL behavior now (although it's slow, lacking use of the graphics accelerator). However, I turned on "Use G Sensor" in MS and there was no change -- no G-sensor action (and I checked that the HTC file was there in \Windows). Any other tips?

Thanks! That did it -- almost. I am getting the cool 3D OGL behavior now (although it's slow, lacking use of the graphics accelerator). However, I turned on "Use G Sensor" in MS and there was no change -- no G-sensor action (and I checked that the HTC file was there in \Windows). Any other tips?

Is it is \Windows or in \My Storage\Windows? And did you install the GL cab also, or just do the registry edit?