TouchLockPro *NEW* version 2.10.1 supports Samsung SDK with Light Sensor and GSensor

Guest ZuinigeRijder

Guest m00n61
:) Happy New Year ;)

I made a new version of TouchLockPro, which supports now also a large number of Samsung phones having a Light Sensor and GSensor:

Man, you made my day. Thank you for this beautiful piece of software. I was a fan of A_C's S2U2 but I've seen the light B) This only needs a proper configuration utility and it's going to be a hit.

Guest ZuinigeRijder

Good to hear that version 2.10.1 is working, you can download it at www.zuinigerijder.com

Someone else reported on PPCGeeks, that the GSENSOR orientation was wrong: "Face Up" and "Face Down" are reversed

Maybe the Samsung spec is different than the HTC spec with respect to X, Y, Z. I will check that.

But maybe you can confirm it is indeed wrong reported in the GSensor settings screen (double check)?

All thanks for the feedback. There is also a request to indicate if the phone is charging. I am thinking about replacing the % into ~ when charging.

*EDIT*

Indeed the Z-axis positive/negative is different for HTC spec and Samsung Spec, which explains the reversion.

Can people confirm "Face Up" and "Face Down" are reversed (double check)?

Edited by ZuinigeRijder

Guest Snow02

Two things. I like just the % indicator so you can tell how much it has left to charge. Secondly, the program locked up on me twice yesterday and I could not unlock my phone. I'm not sure why, but I had to remove the battery to restart. It seemed to function properly for a couple of hours and then just randomly not unlock. Any ideas? Would you like a logfile?

Guest ZuinigeRijder
Two things. I like just the % indicator so you can tell how much it has left to charge. Secondly, the program locked up on me twice yesterday and I could not unlock my phone. I'm not sure why, but I had to remove the battery to restart. It seemed to function properly for a couple of hours and then just randomly not unlock. Any ideas? Would you like a logfile?

A logfile can help. Strange that it did lockup. You could not unlock via Volume Down/Volume Up too?

Guest ZuinigeRijder
I like just the % indicator so you can tell how much it has left to charge.

I only change the % character to ~, it still tells how much it has to left charge.

I solved also the GSensor bug, new version 2.10.2 is available on www.zuinigerijder.com

See Changelog for the details.

Guest Snow02
I only change the % character to ~, it still tells how much it has to left charge.

I solved also the GSensor bug, new version 2.10.2 is available on www.zuinigerijder.com

Cool. And when it locked up I could not unlock via the up down sequence, that is correct. I checked the log option, I'll send the logfile next time it happens. Where will it be located?

Guest ZuinigeRijder
Cool. And when it locked up I could not unlock via the up down sequence, that is correct. I checked the log option, I'll send the logfile next time it happens. Where will it be located?

The log file is in the root of your phone memory \TouchLockPro.log.txt.

Please note also the time when the lockup occurred, when posting it.

Guest Ender Psp

Thanks for the "~" charge change!

With the old version, it displayed properly FaceUp/down etc. I still had an issue sometimes with coming from standby and unlocking wia Gsensor. I had to do the unlock gesture twice. Now I just updated to 2.10.2 will post a log if I experience this again.

LE: nope, looks like it's gone too. If I stumble upon it again will try to repro, but I'm happy it doesn't :)

Edited by Ender Psp

Guest TRoN_1

I installed SDK(pro) then soft reset. When I try to install TouchLockPro it says installation was unsuccessful.

I istalled SDK to Main storage. Does that make a difference?

Thanx

Edited by TRoN_1

Guest nap_rz

help! I cannot unlock my phone after installing this program? pressing volume down up doesn't unlock it :)

how do I configure unlock mechanism? I tried the readme but it does not work?

edit2:

figured out how to unlock...

now how do I use slide to answer?

edit 3:

so here is another problem, my samsung dialer has screen off feature using proximity sensor, but then after I ended a conversation, the phone locked out B) I had to unlock it before I can end it and came back to today screen/last opened program ;)

how can I 'fix' this?

Edited by nap_rz

Guest Snow02
edit 3:

so here is another problem, my samsung dialer has screen off feature using proximity sensor, but then after I ended a conversation, the phone locked out :) I had to unlock it before I can end it and came back to today screen/last opened program B)

how can I 'fix' this?

I turned off the "In Call Tweak", because like you said, the prox sensor takes care of turning the screen off when it's close to your face already. It was kind of redundant, and locked the screen more than necessary, i.e. when away from my face.

Guest ZuinigeRijder

now how do I use slide to answer?

You can lock only the keys at incoming call, so you can answer if you have a slide2answer solution on your phone.

TelephoneApi Setings screen:

KeysOnly (LockWhenIncomingKeyOnly = 1)

Guest nap_rz
I turned off the "In Call Tweak", because like you said, the prox sensor takes care of turning the screen off when it's close to your face already. It was kind of redundant, and locked the screen more than necessary, i.e. when away from my face.

thank you, I just tried it (turning off the in call tweak) but it still locked out my phone after the screen automatically turned off B)

and another thing, apparently I also had to unlock the phone first when I get incoming call after the screen turned off; and I currently don't have slide to answer kind of app ;) is there an easy workaround for this?

You can lock only the keys at incoming call, so you can answer if you have a slide2answer solution on your phone.

no other solution if I haven't have slide2answer app yet?

and where can I find slide2answer because I cannot find it on xda.... ;) anything other than slide2answer?

edit 2:

and I see this app does have somekind of slide2unlock using diamond (exclusive) capacitive nav panel

can you somehow make a substitution for that feature for other phones that don't have nav panel? for me, I'm not really a fan of pressing hardware button(s) everytime I want to unlock the phone since

a. I usually turned off the screen quickly after using the phone to save battery -and thus many times had to unlock the phone-

b. pressing hardware button(s) many times could damaging the button(s) B)

but I like this lock app since it's very small and resources friendly.

edit 3: sorry for this editing spams :) but I tend to forget posting things...

I have a suggestion, can this app somehow make the display back to today screen after wake up (and of course, after it being locked up)? or is there a way of doing that already?

Edited by nap_rz

Guest ZuinigeRijder
Hello, i really like TouchLock pro. Thanks. Unfortunately I still have light sensor not working on my omnia pro with version 2.10.2. the log is attached. Could you please investigate for me.

BRGRDS rado

I see in the logging:

2010-01-06 00:10:28 -946456470 GetLightSensorValue skipped

That means that he light sensor could not be loaded.

I see GSENSOR detection. So that is apparently loaded correctly.

Can you make a log file from start, so enable debug logging and soft reset your device. Because there I can see maybe what is not going Ok (error messages).

Guest ZuinigeRijder
thank you, I just tried it (turning off the in call tweak) but it still locked out my phone after the screen automatically turned off B)

TouchLockPro will not lock when connected and the screen goes off, but it will when the connection is finished.

Can you enable debug logging, soft reset the phone, reproduce the scenario and post the log file \TouchLockPro.log.txt, maybe that gives me a clue.

and another thing, apparently I also had to unlock the phone first when I get incoming call after the screen turned off; and I currently don't have slide to answer kind of app ;) is there an easy workaround for this?

no other solution if I haven't have slide2answer app yet?

and where can I find slide2answer because I cannot find it on xda.... ;) anything other than slide2answer?

I would expect in most of the cases it would just auto unlock via the light sensor. You can set the time shorter for the light unlock, default it is 1500, but many people can set it to 500. So out of your pocket it just unlocks in most cases. There maybe slide2answer solutions for the Omnia, I do not know.

edit 2:

and I see this app does have somekind of slide2unlock using diamond (exclusive) capacitive nav panel

can you somehow make a substitution for that feature for other phones that don't have nav panel? for me, I'm not really a fan of pressing hardware button(s) everytime I want to unlock the phone since

a. I usually turned off the screen quickly after using the phone to save battery -and thus many times had to unlock the phone-

b. pressing hardware button(s) many times could damaging the button(s) B)

but I like this lock app since it's very small and resources friendly.

The NavSensor is one of the sensors of the Diamond I exploit, also the ZoomBar for Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 users. These are not available on your phone type.

You can however configure an easier unlock GSENSOR move for unlock and one for lock.

Actually you can configure SensorLock like GSENSOR move, see this thread. The same GSENSOR move can be used for unlock and lock.

edit 3: sorry for this editing spams :) but I tend to forget posting things...

I have a suggestion, can this app somehow make the display back to today screen after wake up (and of course, after it being locked up)? or is there a way of doing that already?

A next version has this possibility. A lot of new features have been implemented already, BUT I need to do a lot of testing though.....

A peek preview of the expected/added features:

# Stylus launcher

# Prevent errors from running 2 instances of TouchLockAction simulatenously

# 16 NavSensor swipes, 8 when locked, 8 when unlocked, doubling the possibilities

# 8 GSensor commands, 4 when locked, 4 when unlocked, doubling the possibilities

# Make TF3D Workaround work with *NEW* hardware key locking

# Made TouchLockAction also suitable for different resolutions (240x320, 240x240, 320x320, 480x480, 480x640)

# Automatically determine the BattClock settings dependent of the screen resolution, so it works also for other resolutions out of the box

# Possibility to Export/Import TouchLockPro settings in the About screen

# Automatically determine the BattClock colors, from Taskbar color and text color, so the right color is chosen the first time or after default settings

# Made Power off fallback, when PowerOffWarning.exe does not exist on phone, to be compatible with more phones

# Added !HOME command: add option to automatically go to the home screen when locked (Security)

# Added !UNLOCKSCREEN command

# Added !SOFTRESET command

# Added !POWEROFF command

# Added !UP command

# Added !DOWN command

# Added !LEFT command

# Added !RIGHT command

# SensorLock like GSensor move for lock/unlock

# Added Shake as GSensor orientation move (Shake to Lock/Unlock)

# Add notification icon possibility instead of BattClock

# Possibility to start a program at lock/unlock/poweron

# Setting backlight low when locked for saving extra battery

# Option to let TouchLockPro lock at boot/soft reset

# Possibility to lock at backlight off

# BattClock click action configurable

# More control over BattClock content

# Possibility that length of Stripe shows the battery percentage left

# Show in BattClock when an unlock KEY sequence is detected (like capacitive touch and GSensor orientation)

# Visual Stripe feedback when an unlock sequence is detected (key, capacitive touch, GSensor orientation)

# Exceptions list to not lock when some app is running and/or in foreground

Guest intrados
I see in the logging:

2010-01-06 00:10:28 -946456470 GetLightSensorValue skipped

That means that he light sensor could not be loaded.

I see GSENSOR detection. So that is apparently loaded correctly.

Can you make a log file from start, so enable debug logging and soft reset your device. Because there I can see maybe what is not going Ok (error messages).

Hi thanks for prompt reply. Here is the updated log. I also have HTC sensor emulator activated. Could this be a reason? I noticed in the SDK guide that version 2 is not supporting light sensor on B7610. The log file is also indicating it. Strange, might be for omnia pro B7610 separate api is available this phone has a light sensor.

Thanks in advance.

touchlockpro.log.txt

Guest ZuinigeRijder
Hi thanks for prompt reply. Here is the updated log. I also have HTC sensor emulator activated. Could this be a reason? I noticed in the SDK guide that version 2 is not supporting light sensor on B7610. The log file is also indicating it. Strange, might be for omnia pro B7610 separate api is available this phone has a light sensor.

Thanks in advance.

Indeed the logging indicates the light sensor is not working:

2010-01-06 07:16:29 709326074 SamsungMobileSDK_2.dll loaded

2010-01-06 07:16:29 709326074 Samsung LightSensor API not supported: 2

Indeed the API doc of Samsung does not support the light sensor for omnia pro B7610. Strange, if it has a light sensor. Maybe the light sensor is not API compatible and therefore they left it out. Maybe you could ask on Samsung Mobile Innovator, why the light sensor is not supported for the Samsung SDK 2, while it has a light sensor.

Or does it NOT have a light sensor, but Proximity sensor only? Hmmm, is also not ticked in the API doc.

Guest nap_rz
TouchLockPro will not lock when connected and the screen goes off, but it will when the connection is finished.

Can you enable debug logging, soft reset the phone, reproduce the scenario and post the log file \TouchLockPro.log.txt, maybe that gives me a clue.

I would expect in most of the cases it would just auto unlock via the light sensor. You can set the time shorter for the light unlock, default it is 1500, but many people can set it to 500. So out of your pocket it just unlocks in most cases. There maybe slide2answer solutions for the Omnia, I do not know.

The NavSensor is one of the sensors of the Diamond I exploit, also the ZoomBar for Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 users. These are not available on your phone type.

You can however configure an easier unlock GSENSOR move for unlock and one for lock.

Actually you can configure SensorLock like GSENSOR move, see this thread. The same GSENSOR move can be used for unlock and lock.

but here touchlockpro still locked my phone when the proximity sensor turned off the screen while I use the phone :) even when I set the in call tweak off

basically here is what I want with touchlockpro, can you guide me for the setting?

1. I want the phone locked after I turned off the sceen

2. I only want to use hardware button to unlock the phone, no light sensor, no gsensor

3. I want the phone not locked when I use the phone to call

that's all...how do I configure that?

Guest intrados
Indeed the logging indicates the light sensor is not working:

2010-01-06 07:16:29 709326074 SamsungMobileSDK_2.dll loaded

2010-01-06 07:16:29 709326074 Samsung LightSensor API not supported: 2

Indeed the API doc of Samsung does not support the light sensor for omnia pro B7610. Strange, if it has a light sensor. Maybe the light sensor is not API compatible and therefore they left it out. Maybe you could ask on Samsung Mobile Innovator, why the light sensor is not supported for the Samsung SDK 2, while it has a light sensor.

Or does it NOT have a light sensor, but Proximity sensor only? Hmmm, is also not ticked in the API doc.

HI I have checked, but not clear answer when and why. The device has a sensor, but it is not supported. The only support for Omnia pro light sensor is available here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447119.

Hope that this works

BRGRDS

Rado

Guest ZuinigeRijder
HI I have checked, but not clear answer when and why. The device has a sensor, but it is not supported. The only support for Omnia pro light sensor is available here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=447119.

Hope that this works

BRGRDS

Rado

It is based on the HTC Sensor API. It has indeed another direct access to the light sensor. But I do not know if it works in that way.

It looks like the way this is done is by reading the backlight intensity value, rather than actually reading the light sensor. The Omnia sets the backlight value based on that reading.

Maybe you can try to find some program using this API in combination with the light sensor. I believe G-Light uses it.....

If that works, I can make a special setting to use this approach, instead of the Samsung SDK approach.....