i8000 TMC driver development

Hey guys, first: Great job!!

Second: Do i have to plug the earpice for enhance the radio signal? Or it should work without the earpice?

My problem is: i went to phj page, downloaded and installed all the stuff.

Then i opened the HyperGPS, enabled TMC at COM4.

Opened iGO, and told it to look for TMC hardware. Then i receive a MSG that TMC is not available... Is this due a lack of radio signal or my city does not have TMC?

You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

Guest Omega Ra
You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

could you post a pick of what you mean by a normal jack cut at first tag...

There is a command line to enable or disable the program with mortscript ?

Not really need that, the HyperGPS has a switch program, which starting the TMC reception, start the navigation program, wait until finished and unload the TMC driver. Please study this link, at the HGPS_Switch:

Guest Viper.MK
Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

So I assume your dll sends the radio data to HyperGPS without any difference regarding Royaltek or GNS?

To enable GNS TMC you need to set TMC mode in HyperGPS to TMC+GPS, then it should work fine.

That is exactly what I did.

The strage thing is that it works with TMC & Royaltek where I receive those

$RTRDS and $RTTMC signals in HyperGPS test mode.

When I switch to TMC+GPS & GNS I only receive blocks of hex code. I'm just wondering as I read plenty of comments by happy GNS/Navigator users that HyperGPS and the GNS decoding works perfectly with Navigator 7.

Any ideas?

cu

Marc

Guest Qualquer coisa

PHJ, thanks, you were right... I just pluged the earpiece and iGo found the TMC hardware, but got no signal.. But i think there is no TMC implemented in my country yet...

So I assume your dll sends the radio data to HyperGPS without any difference regarding Royaltek or GNS?

That is exactly what I did.

The strage thing is that it works with TMC & Royaltek where I receive those

$RTRDS and $RTTMC signals in HyperGPS test mode.

When I switch to TMC+GPS & GNS I only receive blocks of hex code. I'm just wondering as I read plenty of comments by happy GNS/Navigator users that HyperGPS and the GNS decoding works perfectly with Navigator 7.

Any ideas?

cu

Marc

Yes, my code send the RAW RDS data ( not just TMC, but other groups also ) so the 4 word at a time to the client which connected - this can be a radio program or HyperGPS. After that HyperGPS when receive the RDS data, filter it for TMC, convert it to Royaltek or GNS format and over a virtual com port send the data out. As I know, GNS also work, but unfortunately I have no info at the moment how the formatted GNS data must appear - maybe the hex codes is the format?

Guest Viper.MK
Yes, my code send the RAW RDS data ( not just TMC, but other groups also ) so the 4 word at a time to the client which connected - this can be a radio program or HyperGPS.

I've just gone through your source code and saw it a minute ago.

As I know, GNS also work, but unfortunately I have no info at the moment how the formatted GNS data must appear - maybe the hex codes is the format?

I have got no clue myself, but I'll find out :)

EDIT: Apparently you are right, it seems to be just hex code according to GNS...and to make things worse: it looks like the UK has no free TMC service which explains the behaviour of Navigon (red TMC symbol and very rarely (once in 2h) a white symbol, but just for a second or so)

Thanks for your help and the driver...!

cu

Marc

Edited by Viper.MK

Version 1.6 ready. This contains the autoscan function re-implemented ( using the native autoscan IOCTL because of unknown reason there is a very long delay), so I think now everything is working as expected. The only remaining issue is the audiopath - this is also working when the ear jack inserted (can switch between the speaker and the ear), but fail without...

Edited by phj

Hi,

Absolutley love your work!!!! Works brilliant in Germany.

*THUMBS UP*

Great application!

But do i have to switch off TMC in Hyper GPS, when I don´t need TMC or does it switch off automatically?

Regards, Tobi

Hi,

Absolutley love your work!!!! Works brilliant in Germany.

*THUMBS UP*

Great application!

But do i have to switch off TMC in Hyper GPS, when I don´t need TMC or does it switch off automatically?

Regards, Tobi

The HyperGPS installation placed the HGPs_Switch program to the install dir. This program responsible to start the hypergps dll (which start the gfmapi), start the navigaton program, wait for closing the nav. program and unload hypergps (and gfmapi). The only thing you must do copy HGPs_SSwitch to the navigation pr. directory, make a linkfile named NavApp.lnk which point to your Nav. pr. name (for ex. iGO8.exe). The HGPSClient need just for the initial setup, after that you can start just the HGPs_Switch ( not the iGO directly ) and everything will work fine.....

The HyperGPS installation placed the HGPs_Switch program to the install dir. This program responsible to start the hypergps dll (which start the gfmapi), start the navigaton program, wait for closing the nav. program and unload hypergps (and gfmapi). The only thing you must do copy HGPs_SSwitch to the navigation pr. directory, make a linkfile named NavApp.lnk which point to your Nav. pr. name (for ex. iGO8.exe). The HGPSClient need just for the initial setup, after that you can start just the HGPs_Switch ( not the iGO directly ) and everything will work fine.....

You are the Greatest!!!! Everything works fine. Tested on IGO 8.3xxx

Just one thing I´m thinking of: Is there a way to change the Icon of HGPs_SSwitch.exe when I link it to Startmenu? I would love to have my Igo Icon back ;-)

Guest Sheep82

Thnx phj! It's also working withthe omnia pro b7610 with igo8.

the only thing is that I have to reset my device to re-enable the tmc for igo after each time I use it.

Is this a hypergps problem or an incompatibility with your dll?

Thnx!

Solved

Problem seems to be caused by a command line in sys.txt

"[device]

type="SGH-i900""

It works like a charm now. thnx phj

Edited by Sheep82

Thnx phj! It's also working withthe omnia pro b7610 with igo8.

the only thing is that I have to reset my device to re-enable the tmc for igo after each time I use it.

Is this a hypergps problem or an incompatibility with your dll?

Thnx!

Hard to answer, what The HyperGPS Client said regarding the TMC Status?

Guest _joker_

I tested some time. I have seen some stations show green stripes, but iGO say no TMC.

In pared to a real TMC device will be displayed as TMC channel. (no TMC pro). I think the time for recognition is still a bit too long. Is that correct?

Greetings _joker_

I tested some time. I have seen some stations show green stripes, but iGO say no TMC.

In pared to a real TMC device will be displayed as TMC channel. (no TMC pro). I think the time for recognition is still a bit too long. Is that correct?

Greetings _joker_

For everybody who have problem with the program, I suggest: 1, download the latest version (1.7 now). 2, in the registry at HKLM/Software/gfmapi/ plese set the log value to 2. This will create a log for every access,command and RDS data in the My Storage/gfmapi.txt. The log is not very userfriendly, but you can see the signal strength (8) and the valid RDS data. Please not forget to switch the log off ( set to 0 ) after test, the file can be huge in the case there is RDS data!

The common problem is the signal strength : for valid RDS reception must be a relative high signal, > 32 dBuV ( 129 in the log), so or you need to be very close to the radio tower or must have a relatively good antenna..

Greetings _joker_

For everybody who have problem with the program, I suggest: 1, download the latest version (1.7 now). 2, in the registry at HKLM/Software/gfmapi/ plese set the log value to 2. This will create a log for every access,command and RDS data in the My Storage/gfmapi.txt. The log is not very userfriendly, but you can see the signal strength (8) and the valid RDS data. Please not forget to switch the log off ( set to 0 ) after test, the file can be huge in the case there is RDS data!

The common problem is the signal strength : for valid RDS reception must be a relative high signal, > 32 dBuV ( 129 in the log), so or you need to be very close to the radio tower or must have a relatively good antenna..