177 replies to this topic

Viper.MK

Viper.MK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:I8000 16GB
brilliant driver :)

It works good with Royaltek and I receive loads of TMCs, but I receive only cryptic data in GNS mode.
Is there any chance that you decode/implement the GNS protocol as well as some of us are using Navigon 7 that only takes GNS?

Cheers
Marc

XeOS

XeOS

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II; HTC Trophy

awesome app , just a shame i wont be able to use it as tomtom on the omnia2 does not have tmc functions.

actually all tomtom versions on a pda / phone dont have tmc functions.

and i didnt / dont like igo so tobad for me :)

You could also try Sygic or Navigon, as TomTom for PDA is ancient in comparison to iGO, Sygic or Navigon imo

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:I8000

brilliant driver :)

It works good with Royaltek and I receive loads of TMCs, but I receive only cryptic data in GNS mode.
Is there any chance that you decode/implement the GNS protocol as well as some of us are using Navigon 7 that only takes GNS?

Cheers
Marc

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

Opuske

Opuske

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:i8000

You could also try Sygic or Navigon, as TomTom for PDA is ancient in comparison to iGO, Sygic or Navigon imo

Yea i was looking at sygic but im not sure if it can work with this TMC app ?

Navigon is way off on the routes i do all the time when i last tested it a year ago maybe it has become better now ?

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Yea i was looking at sygic but im not sure if it can work with this TMC app ?

Navigon is way off on the routes i do all the time when i last tested it a year ago maybe it has become better now ?

There is no any special in the implementation - any GPS sw. must work with it which can read Royaltek or GNS formatted TMC data on a serial port, so I think yes.

Issued a new version 1.3. The debug code removed and there are two settings in registry which can be modify: HKLM\Software\gfmapi\ms, which is the cycle time in msec - in this frequency will be queried the chip for valid RDS data; slower (bigger number) reduces the power consumption, quicker yield more TMC messages in a given time. The rssi is the minimum seek RSSI threshold, the automatic scan stops when this value is reached. But until I will find the reason why the auto scan take such a ling time, I removed this and implement a single channel step instead, which is quick but it takes long time for iGO to scan the full band...

XeOS

XeOS

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II; HTC Trophy

Unfortunately I'm not responsible for the TMC protocols - it is done by hypergps.dll , so please contact BeemerTPPC at xda.

To enable GNS TMC you need to set TMC mode in HyperGPS to TMC+GPS, then it should work fine.

redzone321

redzone321

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • Devices:Omnia 2
Could someone explain to a noob like me what this actually does?

TRoN_1

TRoN_1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:i8000
http://en.wikipedia....Message_Channel

Google and noobs be best mates.

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i920

Could someone explain to a noob like me what this actually does?

it allows you to get traffic updates over the FM radio for your GPS nav software.

Posted Image

Qualquer coisa

Qualquer coisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II
Hey guys, first: Great job!!

Second: Do i have to plug the earpice for enhance the radio signal? Or it should work without the earpice?
My problem is: i went to phj page, downloaded and installed all the stuff.
Then i opened the HyperGPS, enabled TMC at COM4.
Opened iGO, and told it to look for TMC hardware. Then i receive a MSG that TMC is not available... Is this due a lack of radio signal or my city does not have TMC?

Edited by Qualquer coisa, 20 January 2010 - 06:37 PM.

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Hey guys, first: Great job!!

Second: Do i have to plug the earpice for enhance the radio signal? Or it should work without the earpice?
My problem is: i went to phj page, downloaded and installed all the stuff.
Then i opened the HyperGPS, enabled TMC at COM4.
Opened iGO, and told it to look for TMC hardware. Then i receive a MSG that TMC is not available... Is this due a lack of radio signal or my city does not have TMC?

You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

You need excellent signal to receive TMC information, so you need to connect an antenna - not necessary the earpice, but a half meter cable connected somehow to the outest part of the jack ( I use a normal jack cutted at the first tag).

could you post a pick of what you mean by a normal jack cut at first tag...

Posted Image

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

could you post a pick of what you mean by a normal jack cut at first tag...

this picture maybe help you. Excuse me, the site is Hungarian, but yhe picture is international

Omega Ra

Omega Ra

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

this picture maybe help you. Excuse me, the site is Hungarian, but yhe picture is international

there is no picture....

Posted Image

mr fantastic

mr fantastic

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I900 Omnia
There is a command line to enable or disable the program with mortscript ?

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

there is no picture....

I have, but now link directly just to the picture here

phj

phj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

There is a command line to enable or disable the program with mortscript ?

Not really need that, the HyperGPS has a switch program, which starting the TMC reception, start the navigation program, wait until finished and unload the TMC driver. Please study this link, at the HGPS_Switch:

Viper.MK

Viper.MK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:I8000 16GB

So I assume your dll sends the radio data to HyperGPS without any difference regarding Royaltek or GNS?

To enable GNS TMC you need to set TMC mode in HyperGPS to TMC+GPS, then it should work fine.

That is exactly what I did.

The strage thing is that it works with TMC & Royaltek where I receive those
$RTRDS and $RTTMC signals in HyperGPS test mode.
When I switch to TMC+GPS & GNS I only receive blocks of hex code. I'm just wondering as I read plenty of comments by happy GNS/Navigator users that HyperGPS and the GNS decoding works perfectly with Navigator 7.

Any ideas?

cu
Marc

Qualquer coisa

Qualquer coisa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II
PHJ, thanks, you were right... I just pluged the earpiece and iGo found the TMC hardware, but got no signal.. But i think there is no TMC implemented in my country yet...

_joker_

_joker_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Why so complicated? The normal earphone speaker work perfectly :)

Greetings
_joker_

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users