Rom dumped from update.

Guest Steel Reign

Guest compnird
I might need a tester in a day or so. (warning, your phone may be bricked....)

VZW just shipped me an Omnia2 to replace my Omnia 1 that "failed unexpectedly". Since they only sent me the shell and no battery or cables or anything I will be happy to test as soon as I can power it on. :)

Guest WoZZeR999

Well, I got a... test subject... and we managed to upload a dumped image to the device (and it worked too!). I'm working on figuring out the exact steps needed to create a usable flash image so that you guys can start cooking.

I would assume that around 3-4 days after we get a working flashable file, I can release a kitchen.

Guest Omega Ra
Well, I got a... test subject... and we managed to upload a dumped image to the device (and it worked too!). I'm working on figuring out the exact steps needed to create a usable flash image so that you guys can start cooking.

I would assume that around 3-4 days after we get a working flashable file, I can release a kitchen.

you are the man Wozzer! first the i910 now the i920. We verizon guys would be up a creek without your help :)

Guest tedkord

You're the man! Can I ask, how'd you do it? Or do you prefer to keep your secrets?

I really think this phone can be a beast, with the proper massaging. Folks are working on an FPU enabler .dll - hardware accelerated graphics! They've already re-done the crap samsung OpenGL driver. Just imagine the same leaps forward on the O2 that we got on the Omnia. My Omnia today is 2-300% better than stock. A 200% better O2 could be large.

All you folks who said you were willing to donate to Wozzer - pony up once he's done this. He doesn't even use this phone, and he's doing all this work for you.

Edited by tedkord

You're the man! Can I ask, how'd you do it? Or do you prefer to keep your secrets?

I really think this phone can be a beast, with the proper massaging. Folks are working on an FPU enabler .dll - hardware accelerated graphics! They've already re-done the crap samsung OpenGL driver. Just imagine the same leaps forward on the O2 that we got on the Omnia. My Omnia today is 2-300% better than stock. A 200% better O2 could be large.

All you folks who said you were willing to donate to Wozzer - pony up once he's done this. He doesn't even use this phone, and he's doing all this work for you.

Holy $#@!!!!!! I just logged to see if there was any headway in the past 2 days and I can't believe my eyes :) WoZZeR!!! I swear, dreams do come true LOL... I didn't even know you were on the O2 forums, I thought you were still hanging with the legacy crowd over in i910.

Cannot tell you how happy I am to see you around. I'm headed to bed right now so I will have to catch up on all these posts tomorrow... if I am able to sleep that is :)

I will check but I still might be under 30 day warranty, if so I will gladly offer to test.

g'night all.

OH.. just read the quote in my post LOL. WoZZeR, I don't have much right now but you'll get a $10 donation from me tomorrow and more in the future when I have it.

Guest tedkord
Holy $#@!!!!!! I just logged to see if there was any headway in the past 2 days and I can't believe my eyes :) WoZZeR!!! I swear, dreams do come true LOL... I didn't even know you were on the O2 forums, I thought you were still hanging with the legacy crowd over in i910.

Cannot tell you how happy I am to see you around. I'm headed to bed right now so I will have to catch up on all these posts tomorrow... if I am able to sleep that is :)

I will check but I still might be under 30 day warranty, if so I will gladly offer to test.

g'night all.

OH.. just read the quote in my post LOL. WoZZeR, I don't have much right now but you'll get a $10 donation from me tomorrow and more in the future when I have it.

That was my quote. I didn't mean for anyone to put themselves in financial trouble over it. If you don't have the cash, don't do it.

Of course, I guess if you're in the tank right now, you probably shouldn't have that extra $30/month data plan and expensive smartphone...

Guest Steel Reign

Sorry WoZZerR999; but I need my phone now and might not have the time to get it unbricked for awhile. Not sure if you got my pm about this. In fact im not even sure if you got any of my pm's. This pm system is weird.

Guest WoZZeR999

I just like new challenges.

Steel Reign, I didn't get any of your PM's, but that's fine. The method that we (I'm using Shemmy as my surrogate) are using is basically like the i910 method, where you can update just the PDA.bin. We're having trouble figuring out exactly why it doesn't work sometimes (the driver reset's it'self for no reason), but with the dump file we can always (I hope) get back to a work-able phone.

I've been doing lots of research on the i8000 GSM side of things, and I think I can come up with a kitchen using o2util and some custom VBS scripts that I may have to create.

I do have some bad news about the kitchen though. For some reason Platform Rebuilder (the base of kitchens that most people use) by Bepe doesn't seem to work. It has trouble creating the XIP. So the kitchen will be based on the old kitchen that the i900 and the first i910 kitchen that I created. I'll keep an eye on the GSM side, to see if they can figure out why it's not working, but the first kitchen will have to have manual XIP porting. I created a tool a while ago that helps with the process, so hopefully it won't be as big of a deal as the old days when only certain MSXipKernels worked.

Guest tedkord
VZW just shipped me an Omnia2 to replace my Omnia 1 that "failed unexpectedly". Since they only sent me the shell and no battery or cables or anything I will be happy to test as soon as I can power it on. :)

How'd you pull that one off. VZW only replaces defectives with the same model. Or, that's what I've always experienced.

Edited by tedkord

Wozzer,

You are the man! Been checking this thread and going away with little hope, then BAM! Some real action. Exciting news. So encouraging to see you trying to help us out. I really think this phone has a lot more potential then has been tapped so far.

I will join the donation pool.

Guest WoZZeR999

Well, I think I have a working flash. I'm going on try #2 with actually changing a file, so I'll keep you posted. If this works as easy as I think it will, I'll have a kitchen later this week/weekend. Most of the hard work is done by the great o2util tool and learnings, created by the GSM guru's.

Guest Omega Ra
Well, I think I have a working flash. I'm going on try #2 with actually changing a file, so I'll keep you posted. If this works as easy as I think it will, I'll have a kitchen later this week/weekend. Most of the hard work is done by the great o2util tool and learnings, created by the GSM guru's.

this is awesome news! can't wait for a nice light ROM (aka minus VZ and most of Sammy crap) with a newer version of 6.5 :)

Guest WoZZeR999

Since I can't really test most stuff. I won't be cooking, but I can try to make a wm 6.5.3 rom. XIP porting will have to be done the old fashion way (I have a few half tools that should help though).

Guest WoZZeR999

Well, we got a working cooked rom on an i920. I'll start working on the kitchen tonight/tomorrow. I'll try to also come up with a write up for XIP porting (So you can start using different versions of WM).

I also have to test a few other tools, we just had a lock-up on the custom rom.

Guest amdzero
Well, we got a working cooked rom on an i920. I'll start working on the kitchen tonight/tomorrow. I'll try to also come up with a write up for XIP porting (So you can start using different versions of WM).

I also have to test a few other tools, we just had a lock-up on the custom rom.

Could we get a donate link going? I'd really like to send a beer or 12 to show my appreciation.

Could we get a donate link going? I'd really like to send a beer or 12 to show my appreciation.

Post #41 above has a donate link for Wozzer. The word "donate" is the link.

Edited by Robtao