5 replies to this topic

niotio910

niotio910

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Milestone
Hi,

I want to buy an AC-to-USB adapter + one more microUSB cable so that I can charge the Milestone at 2 places. I'm wondering if there is any problem with that in terms of electricity issues...?

Thanks!

rj7855

rj7855

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:N1, soon eee pad transformer

Hi,

I want to buy an AC-to-USB adapter + one more microUSB cable so that I can charge the Milestone at 2 places. I'm wondering if there is any problem with that in terms of electricity issues...?

Thanks!

No problem, i use a iPhone charger + micro usb cable

Note that some cheap adapter may not be able to charge you milestone, the safest way to insure you can us it is verifying it's iPhone compatible.

amacrobie

amacrobie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport (RWYB, Rally, trackdays FTW), photography, walking, software development (desktop and embedded), electronics design and implementation, travelling, video games. Guy stuff, really.
  • Devices:SGS II
  • Twitter:@presstheanykey
I'm using a HTC charger with a Nokia micro-USB cable with no problems.

niotio910

niotio910

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Milestone
Hi guys,

It doesn't work with normal AC-to-USB :) The screen is moving weirdly when you swipe it. I notice that the milestone's charger produces 5.1V output. If I remember correctly the normal USB only produces 5.0V out. Is it the problem?

rj7855

rj7855

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:N1, soon eee pad transformer

Hi guys,

It doesn't work with normal AC-to-USB :) The screen is moving weirdly when you swipe it. I notice that the milestone's charger produces 5.1V output. If I remember correctly the normal USB only produces 5.0V out. Is it the problem?

5.1V is well within tolerance range, it's more likely that the adapter you tested doesn't stabilize/filter enough causing ripple in the output. you could try, if you have one lying around, to put a ferrite core usb on the usb cable

a ferrite core looks like
Posted Image

(note that you will not be able to use that cable as datacable while you have the core attached)

glossywhite

glossywhite

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts
The official Milestone charger puts out 5VDC at 850mA - make sure that the charger you select is capable of delivering 850mA current.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users