Questions about flashing i8000L

Guest jebise

Alright, bit of a noob here as i just got my phone and believe its a i8000L with firmware i8000LGHIJ6. This is a bell phone (yes i'm Canadian) and is locked to bell. I know most of the question will have already been answered but i just don't want to go through 192 pages and the other thread on the procdures, so if you can just point me to the right direction.

I have read that flashing the eboot part is the only way to brick the phone. Can i just not flash it and get away with it? Just got it so not to willing to mess around with it to much.

A few questions

1.) Dose it matter if i install i8000 firmware on a i8000L device? and why aren't there firmware for the i8000L?

2.) What part holds the actual firmware PDA or CSC? and can i get away with just flashing 1 part?

nvm PDA

3.) Do i really need to update as i have yet to have any freezing issues until i installed touch flo 1.3. Is there a big difference in preformence as mine seems very snappy.

4.) How can i backup every part of the phone so i can go back to it later if i decide to return the phone to bell or do not like the firmware?

5.) Since its locked/branded to bell do i have to worry about flashing any of the parts? or it's just open and i can do whatever?

6.) Are these provide by samsung? like are they official samsung builds with all the samsung stuff?

General question

7.) Why can't we just use the samsung new pc studio to update? Why don't they provide updates to these phones.

Edited by jebise